OMG, everyone is right, Anderson is not NFL ready

Ice74

I'm watching the replay of the Colts game as i type

Iam just watching him on D,

he's got no spark, he's getting pushed around, he doesnt stay low to the ground, even trying to catch Sorgi he looks like hes running in mud.

He does not athletic what so ever,

even Bierman looks faster

what are we going to do???? i predict 2-3 sacks from him, tops... and they are going to be lucky ones, where the QB was flushed into him

please tell me it gets better??!!

i wouldnt say everyone is right. most people on this board during the offseason was screaming, give him some time, he was just a rookie, it usually takes 3-4 years for a def tackle to pan out. but they are ashamed to admit it now that they were actually rooting for this guy. i mean i know as a falcon, we are suppose to root for our team regardless, but he has a much bigger expectation, and from the way it looks in preseason, hes not going to exceed that expectation. your right tho, kroy is looking like a young pat kerney, and i wouldnt be surprised if sometime during the season, he started in replace of jammal.

Just from the Colts game alone, its easy to tell...

His feet stop

Hes slow off the ball

His spin move is terrible

He gets knocked to the ground and bullyed alot

Hes not mean and nasty

No balance

Trys to lean on the olineman instead of manipulate them to get by them

stops his feet anytime hes thinking (which is entirely too much)

Very little speed, but it looks real slow cuz his reactions are slow

He cannot impose his will on any good OT

i still think he may need more time, but my patience is wearing thin...especially when we could be drafting or trading for another DE while abe is in his prime. abe+another good pass rusher= MUCH better pass D. right now abe SINGLEHANDEDLY is our pass rush. if abe isnt sacking, that means we probably arent getting sacks. :(

he's got no spark, he's getting pushed around, he doesnt stay low to the ground, even trying to catch Sorgi he looks like hes running in mud.

what are we going to do???? i predict 2-3 sacks from him, tops... and they are going to be lucky ones, where the QB was flushed into him

I was at the game and watched him exclusively.

Did you see him just watch them run the end around in front of him?

How about when the Colts RB's would completely take him out of a play?

Did you see the play where he just stood up and didn't move after the snap?

How about when Sorgi shook him out of his shoes?

How many times was he knocked off his feet?

Oh and he is that slow off the snap... it's not a TV trick.

And I hope he gets better but he looks just like he did in the Seattle game last year.

I was at the game and watched him exclusively.

Did you see him just watch them run the end around in front of him?

How about when the Colts RB's would completely take him out of a play?

Did you see the play where he just stood up and didn't move after the snap?

How about when Sorgi shook him out of his shoes?

How many times was he knocked off his feet?

Oh and he is that slow off the snap... it's not a TV trick.

yes yes and yes i saw all of that too. its embarrassing. i wouldnt be surprised to see a whole bloopers peice on youtube soon with all of jamaal's weak crap.

whats also sad is everybody else looks good

Milloy, Grimes, Boley, Jackson, Moorehead, Taylor, Brooking, all of them flying around

Chevis got beat on a pass, but i expect it from him, Houston will be an upgrade

The problem is that Anderson plays in front of Boley and the #1 corner and... he can be taken out of the play by one guy.. possibly a TE...

That's going to be a big problem if he doesn't start drawing more attention...

The problem is that Anderson plays in front of Boley and the #1 corner and... he can be taken out of the play by one guy.. possibly a TE...

Boley doesn't always line up on the same side as Anderson. But it still is a problem. I had real high hopes and kept hoping that he'd come around, but it doesn't look like he will. :( Only time will tell though...

No Boley plays strong side, which means he follows the TE. He does this because he can cover the TE man for man, and he is the best guy to blowup the strong side of a run play. Remember that the strong side of the offense is where the TE goes usually, unless they go 2 TEs one on each side. Boley will line up behind Abe and JA depending on where the TE goes.

Ive been sayin it..... this man is not a 4-3 DE........ Jamaal is a 3-4 DE/Maybe UT....... Jamaal is not quick enough or does not have the burst to be a RT around the corner....As a UT... all he has to do is help stop the run and get a little penetration up the middle.....

We must have a LDE pass rusher(to have a consistent pass rush)........Biermann is not the guy either(a good backup... but not starter....as of now)

No Boley plays strong side, which means he follows the TE. He does this because he can cover the TE man for man, and he is the best guy to blowup the strong side of a run play. Remember that the strong side of the offense is where the TE goes usually, unless they go 2 TEs one on each side. Boley will line up behind Abe and JA depending on where the TE goes.

Abraham is the RE and Anderson is the LE.

The RE lines up on the weakside and faces the LT.

The LE lines up in front if the TE or RT.

With the way our pass rush looks we're probably having to blitz a linebacker in order to generate pressure.

My point was that he can get taken out of the play by one guy. TE, FB, or RB. What I'm saying is that if one those guys is taking Jamaal out of the play a lineman.... most likely the RT just came free and probably took a defensive player out of the play.

This is a bad thing.

Abraham is the RE and Anderson is the LE.

The RE lines up on the weakside and faces the LT.

The LE lines up in front if the TE or RT.

With the way our pass rush looks we're probably having to blitz a linebacker in order to generate pressure.

My point was that he can get taken out of the play by one guy. TE, FB, or RB. What I'm saying is that if one those guys is taking Jamaal out of the play a lineman.... most likely the RT just came free and probably took a defensive player out of the play.

This is a bad thing.

You still dont grasp the concept of strongside and weakside. You keep sayin that the strongside or weakside is the same side evey play. NO.. WRONG!! That is NOT the case. The RE lines up on the right EVERY time. If the TE lines up in front of the RE (Abe) then John Abraham is lined up against the strong side of the offense.

If the TE goes away from the RE (Abe), and hes head up on the LT, this would be considered the weakside. It changes every play depending on the formation. Grasp this concept and then maybe I can read some of your posts and reply accordingly.

I remember seeing this kind of play from him last year in the preseason. I thought he was just taking it easy because it was preseason but once the regular season started it was the same. I still wanna give him the benefit of the doubt but the more i see him play the less hope i have he'll be a good DE.

I remember seeing this kind of play from him last year in the preseason. I thought he was just taking it easy because it was preseason but once the regular season started it was the same. I still wanna give him the benefit of the doubt but the more i see him play the less hope i have he'll be a good DE.

Its sad when were already praying for him just to be good. But its so true. Just 6 sacks a year with some tackles for loss and lotta QB hurries. Maybe push the QB towards Abe. Perhaps a few passes batted down. ANYTHING JAMAAL!!! PLEASE!

Bierman looks faster than lots of guys!

You still dont grasp the concept of strongside and weakside. You keep sayin that the strongside or weakside is the same side evey play. NO.. WRONG!! That is NOT the case. The RE lines up on the right EVERY time. If the TE lines up in front of the RE (Abe) then John Abraham is lined up against the strong side of the offense.

If the TE goes away from the RE (Abe), and hes head up on the LT, this would be considered the weakside. It changes every play depending on the formation. Grasp this concept and then maybe I can read some of your posts and reply accordingly.

No actually I do understand the concept of weakside and strong side.

I just don't have the attitude problem you have.

You've completely missed my point and honestly I don't care because apparaently you know everything.

So there's no need explaining anything to you.

Its sad when were already praying for him just to be good. But its so true. Just 6 sacks a year with some tackles for loss and lotta QB hurries. Maybe push the QB towards Abe. Perhaps a few passes batted down. ANYTHING JAMAAL!!! PLEASE!

hate to laugh but its so true. i just want to see him make plays. it doesnt even have to be a sack at this point...just make a big play!

If Jamaal eventually becomes that type of player we will be lucky but Jamaal will still be a huge disappointment. When Anderson was drafted it was with the expectation that he would eventually be an elite pass rushing DE. We're talking about a perrenial double digit sack type of player. Now we're considering ourselves lucky if he becomes anything more than a gaping hole in our defense. A 6 sack guy is better than nothing but it's still a huge disappointment. It's sad. So much talent on the board when we drafted and we picked the sorriest player available.