TD's and Coach Smith's Vision:

Ric Roc

"No, I think from the very beginning Mike Smith and I have talked about this team in terms of tenacity, fire on the field and passion and resiliency," he said.

"Our aim is not necessarily to focus on the amount of W's in the win column. It's more about knowing when the opponent steps off the field, they know that they've played a competitive, fiery football club. That is our goal this year, to really drive it home that we want to be a passionate, competitive, sort of a reckless playing football team."

Someone here said before that when the game is over, regardless of wins/losses this season, opponents will feel us and know that they played the Falcons after the games...

I'm already seeing remnants of the team that those two want to build. It is making for an exciting brand of football. Even the preseason games with the backups are entertaining.

The passion and fire is burning in everyone's eyes through competition and team chemistry. Everyone wants to be on the field and everyone wants to contribute...players are even taking pride in their role on special teams!

For the first time since Reeves, we have a hard-nosed, gutty football team. No flash...just all substance...

As an aside...keep your eyes out for Darren Stone...That guy will be a player in this league!

While I like the direction we're heading.... slow down.

It was just two pre-season games.

Well, that's all I'm saying... I love the direction we're headed in...the future looks promising...

But if being Falcon fans has taught us anything, it's definitely to always remain cautiously optimistic... ^_^

Someone here said before that when the game is over, regardless of wins/losses this season, opponents will feel us and know that they played the Falcons after the games...

I'm already seeing remnants of the team that those two want to build. It is making for an exciting brand of football. Even the preseason games with the backups are entertaining.

The passion and fire is burning in everyone's eyes through competition and team chemistry. Everyone wants to be on the field and everyone wants to contribute...players are even taking pride in their role on special teams!

For the first time since Reeves, we have a hard-nosed, gutty football team. No flash...just all substance...

As an aside...keep your eyes out for Darren Stone...That guy will be a player in this league!

I think that was me. Word gets around to players in the league, how teams play the game. Tenacity,head-banging,in your face=smashmouth style football, Teams will begin to respect the Falcons. Swagger!!! :D . Stone is a player.

Being fired up is a good thing................BUT.................when losses start piling up, one after another, MORALE goes out the window.

Most, if not all the guys on the roster desperately want to WIN, not just feel like they've "played hard" and "left their calling card", etc.

Management views the long picture..................the players want to win NOW !!!!! It's sort of a "catch 22".

Being fired up is a good thing................BUT.................when losses start piling up, one after another, MORALE goes out the window.

Most, if not all the guys on the roster desperately want to WIN, not just feel like they've "played hard" and "left their calling card", etc.

Management views the long picture..................the players want to win NOW !!!!! It's sort of a "catch 22".

Well, the thing is, you're a lot more likely to win if you go out and knock some guys around and play hard. If you want to win now, tell them no matter what to go beat up the other team. (legally, of course)

Since no one else seems to be, I'm with you on Daren Stone. I have been since last year and I brought up his gameplay in a thread and like one person agreed with me. This guy is going to be a great safety for us for years to come. He showed up in like every play while he was in game one, and in game two had a few stops with one pass defended and one interception. Not sure if they are the same there, I can't remember. This dude is super athletic and was a flat out tackling machine in college. I think his game is transitioning well to the NFL. Needs some more playing time to help his timing and confidence. I look forward to seeing this guy play a lot this year. More people should pay attention to this guy.

not only that, we lost both of those. leave it to us falcons fans to get excited about 2 losses in preseason :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SInce at least a quarter and perhaps a half of the game is spent with players on BOTH teams that won't even be there on either team littering the feild, what relevance does the final score really have?

In a preseason game, all that matters is how players do. Individuals.

In the regular season, the games matter not individuals. They are opposites.

Since no one else seems to be, I'm with you on Daren Stone. I have been since last year and I brought up his gameplay in a thread and like one person agreed with me. This guy is going to be a great safety for us for years to come. He showed up in like every play while he was in game one, and in game two had a few stops with one pass defended and one interception. Not sure if they are the same there, I can't remember. This dude is super athletic and was a flat out tackling machine in college. I think his game is transitioning well to the NFL. Needs some more playing time to help his timing and confidence. I look forward to seeing this guy play a lot this year. More people should pay attention to this guy.

Agreed, he plays like a young Lott. :D