Grimes

Wes Donaldson

What do you think about Grimes...i like him he plays hard seems to always put a hand on the ball. I just hope he can start catching the ball instead of knocking it down. But anyway i'm excited to see him play this year.

Also are we cursed in the Ford Drive Zone or what no touchdowns in the Drive Zone.

What do you think about Grimes...i like him he plays hard seems to always put a hand on the ball. I just hope he can start catching the ball instead of knocking it down. But anyway i'm excited to see him play this year.

Also are we cursed in the Ford Drive Zone or what no touchdowns in the Drive Zone.

Yes.

The "Ford Drive Zone" is cursed.

Well...that was third down...so a catch would have brought it out to the 20. The deflection was just as good as an interception in this case. Grimes may not have returned it to the 20. That may have been the case as well with the first deflection in the endzone. I think we should get use to this from Grimes being that he's so off balance (not in a negative way), and so high in the air that it would be injurious to get both hands on the ball. I'm happy with the acrobatic, swat down of the pass.... :D

Well...that was third down...so a catch would have brought it out to the 20. The deflection was just as good as an interception in this case. Grimes may not have returned it to the 20. That may have been the case as well with the first deflection in the endzone. I think we should get use to this from Grimes being that he's so off balance (not in a negative way), and so high in the air that it would be injurious to get both hands on the ball. I'm happy with the acrobatic, swat down of the pass.... :D

second that

Fords are junk.....no wonder we cant get it done there.

Grimes looks like a baller for sure. I would take someone who doesnt let the ball by him, but doesnt get picks over a guy who gets a handful of INTs but gives up alot of big plays too.

You mean you didn't like Ray Buchanan? Good ol' Big Play Ray.

Teams don't like to show their hand in preseason. We are running vanilla plays and so the red zone offense suffers, as it has for all of the teams in preseason. Even once the regular season rolls around, the red zone offense takes the longest to perfect and will probably be inconsistant for several games. That's why we brought in a stud kicker.

Teams don't like to show their hand in preseason. We are running vanilla plays and so the red zone offense suffers, as it has for all of the teams in preseason. Even once the regular season rolls around, the red zone offense takes the longest to perfect and will probably be inconsistant for several games. That's why we brought in a stud kicker.

I said the same thing about our redzone O the other day, looks like we are on the same page. :D

Unfortunately I have been referring to it as the "Ford Stall Zone" for years. Scoring inside the red zone would be the thing I would like improved the most. 60+ yard gains are excited but end up only being a statistic for fantasy football if they don't score.

I like that. The "Ford Stall Zone" is much more deserved on both accounts, Fords and Falcons.