detroit's d-line was all over carson palmer

the wrong situations can turn lions to kittens ;)

and the wrong situations can also turn kittens into lions. I have seen nothing from Ryan that indicates that he can't cut it mentally in the NFL. In fact, I have seen alot from him that shows that mentally, he is going to be just fine.

and the wrong situations can also turn kittens into lions. I have seen nothing from Ryan that indicates that he can't cut it mentally in the NFL. In fact, I have seen alot from him that shows that mentally, he is going to be just fine.

i never said the guy could cut it. i simply stating that too much penetrating can make him trigger happy. you know, take a hit and throw the ball with your eyes closed type of situation. after all, he is a GUNSLINGER. jon kitna has that germ, brett had it for about three years until last year. carson had a case of it last year as well.

i never said the guy could cut it. i simply stating that too much penetrating can make him trigger happy. you know, take a hit and throw the ball with your eyes closed type of situation. after all, he is a GUNSLINGER. jon kitna has that germ, brett had it for about three years until last year. carson had a case of it last year as well.

but ryan isn't farve, kitna, or palmer. he also isn't peyton manning, tom brady, or ryan leaf. He is Matt Ryan and he is his own man. So often we want to place a qb in special boxes labeled "gunslinger", "game manager", etc when in reality we can't do that. Ryan knows he is going to get hit and he knows he is going to hurt afterwards. He is going to be just fine.

but ryan isn't farve, kitna, or palmer. he also isn't peyton manning, tom brady, or ryan leaf. He is Matt Ryan and he is his own man. So often we want to place a qb in special boxes labeled "gunslinger", "game manager", etc when in reality we can't do that. Ryan knows he is going to get hit and he knows he is going to hurt afterwards. He is going to be just fine.

you are right, he is his own man. history has a way of letting us make some accurate predictions. for the falcons sake, i do hope that the guy obliterates the lions.

you are right, he is his own man. history has a way of letting us make some accurate predictions. for the falcons sake, i do hope that the guy obliterates the lions.

I absolutely agree that we should look at history and see what helped other guys be successful in the league. But it's not absolute. What happens to one guy doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to another. It's hard to compare all the variables that go into a NFL QB career.

Do you have any stats? I'm curious to see what their DLine did to Palmer....Thanks!

1 sack - 3 or 4 knockdowns - constant pressure - 24.8 QB Rating - that is what Detroit did to just Palmer - thing is Cincy's O-Line is getting old (It's Nickname is the Jurrasic Line :lol: ) Detroit is younger and was able to beat Cincy's line and almost all aspects of the game - but that was Detroit vs Cincy's line - doesn't mean that they will do the same against another team - if the coaches think Matt is ready then let them make that decision to start him. Eventually he will be in a game where he is hit and hit alot - there isn't a QB that hasn't had a game where they weren't pummled in some form or fashion - it is how they are able to deal with it is the differance between shell-shocked and greatness.

I absolutely agree that we should look at history and see what helped other guys be successful in the league. But it's not absolute. What happens to one guy doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to another. It's hard to compare all the variables that go into a NFL QB career.

the qb situations really aren't too much different. yeah we all have our way of throwing the football, making reads and the whole nine. it boils down to who can make a read and throw the ball acurately while the pressure is in his face.

1 sack - 3 or 4 knockdowns - constant pressure - 24.8 QB Rating - that is what Detroit did to just Palmer - thing is Cincy's O-Line is getting old (It's Nickname is the Jurrasic Line :lol: ) Detroit is younger and was able to beat Cincy's line and almost all aspects of the game - but that was Detroit vs Cincy's line - doesn't mean that they will do the same against another team - if the coaches think Matt is ready then let them make that decision to start him. Eventually he will be in a game where he is hit and hit alot - there isn't a QB that hasn't had a game where they weren't pummled in some form or fashion - it is how they are able to deal with it is the differance between shell-shocked and greatness.

thanks for the stats man. this is what i was looking for.

the qb situations really aren't too much different. yeah we all have our way of throwing the football, making reads and the whole nine. it boils down to who can make a read and throw the ball acurately while the pressure is in his face.

everybody, including the "greatest qb ever" tom brady struggles with pressure. That's why defenses bring pressure. Ryan will struggle at times, but he has the mental make up to be able to work through it.

I see what you're saying and it's a concern of mine also. If a D-line tee's off on your O-line and is punching your qb in the mouth all game they will get rattled. We've seen it happen to the best of them, most recently Brady. I'm not saying that the Lions d-line is on par with the Giants but like my man Michael Strahan said "Everyone has a game plan, until the other team starts punching you in the mouth".

I'm glad that our line is playing well in pre season but come September 7, the gloves come off and the "vanilla" stuff is a wrap. It will be interesting to see how our O-line holds this year. Ryan is known for being able to handle tough situations like this, it will interesting to see how he reacts in an adverse situation.

Good thread

everybody, including the "greatest qb ever" tom brady struggles with pressure. That's why defenses bring pressure. Ryan will struggle at times, but he has the mental make up to be able to work through it.

okay i never said that ryan wasn't mentally tough, you missing my point. carson palmer is mentally tough as well, but the detroit line tore his azz up. time is everything is this game. qb reads, wr separations, protection all rely on timing.

okay i never said that ryan wasn't mentally tough, you missing my point. carson palmer is mentally tough as well, but the detroit line tore his azz up. time is everything is this game. qb reads, wr separations, protection all rely on timing.

I'm not really arguing with you and saying you said stuff that you didn't, I really just adding stuff the conversation.

I agree that palmer is mentally tough, he can handle a tough game. They are part of the game. Ryan will have weeks where he get's completely destroyed. Every qb goes through it.

I'm not really arguing with you and saying you said stuff that you didn't, I really just adding stuff the conversation.

I agree that palmer is mentally tough, he can handle a tough game. They are part of the game. Ryan will have weeks where he get's completely destroyed. Every qb goes through it.

let's turn the page here for a second...do you feel that ryan should start over redman at this point