Shockley has the second-worst QB rating of any player who has attempted a pass in the preseason

6/20 for 87 yards with 2 ints, good for a 5.6 rating. The only player worse is a punter whose only pass attempt was an interception on a failed 4th down conversion (0.0).

I'm all for him making the team, but it's hard to make a convincing case with those numbers...

In defense of DJ....the rating does not show his true performance on the field. He played much better than the rating.

I dont know.....6/20 w 3 turnovers (2 with game on the line) isnt good any way you look at it.

Besides his nice run in game one, he hasnt dont much at all.

I was really hoping for an improvement from him, but it doesnt look like its going to happen. If we waive him CAR or DEN will likely add to their list of Falcons cast offs.

In defense of DJ....the rating does not show his true performance on the field. He played much better than the rating.

If you have a 5.6 rating, the only thing you could do that was worse was to lie down on the field in the fetal position and suck your thumb. I think if you step on the field with your uniform on correctly you have a 9.0 rating...

If you have a 5.6 rating, the only thing you could do that was worse was to lie down on the field in the fetal position and suck your thumb. I think if you step on the field with your uniform on correctly you have a 9.0 rating...

It shows that you guys aren't watching the game. Count the number of passes the WR dropped. Then count the number of times the O-Line broke down.

When you play with the 4th string team, these things will happen. You could put any QB in his same situation and you will have the same outcome.

It shows that you guys aren't watching the game. Count the number of passes the WR dropped. Then count the number of times the O-Line broke down.

When you play with the 4th string team, these things will happen. You could put any QB in his same situation and you will have the same outcome.

When you also are playing AGAINST the fourth string defense?|

Why does this have to be brought up every time?

It really takes some work to achieve such a low QB rating. For example, if you complete one pass for a loss of 10 yards, and throw one interception you stat line would be:

1/2 for -10 yards, 1 interception for a 16.6667 QB rating.

If Shockley had only thrown two passes, one for a pick and one for negative yards, he would be better than the crap we have seen this preseason..... that is just sad and there really is no excuse possible to explain such horrible play.

every qb has played with 4th string or worse talent when they were in college. The vast majority of college players couldn't even cut it on the vast majority of teams practice squads let alone 4th string.

every qb has played with 4th string or worse talent when they were in college. The vast majority of college players couldn't even cut it on the vast majority of teams practice squads let alone 4th string.

Exactly. He was playing with, and against, talent that was equivalent to what he played with and against in college. In fact, probably slightly better. So. . .not much of an excuse.

shockley hasn't shown that he can win games but Joey has proven that he can lose them with no problem. So they have to make a choice 99% chance of losing with harrington or 50% with shockley or anybody else thats hasn't been giving a chance to show if they can win games or not. i would rather have just two QBs (ryan, redman) than to believe that if it ever came down to harrington having to play we would still had a chance to win. he sucks

6/20 for 87 yards with 2 ints, good for a 5.6 rating. The only player worse is a punter whose only pass attempt was an interception on a failed 4th down conversion (0.0).

I'm all for him making the team, but it's hard to make a convincing case with those numbers...

post and then disappear

wow, even i'm tired of the DJ threads on the falcons website...its getting ********!

so, we have ALOT of DJ fans and ALOT of Vick haters disguised as Harrington fans.

Keeping DJ makes for good PR with the falcons fans, and having either on the roster really doesn't make a difference. the "Sports experts" already say the starting job is up for Matt or he'll be at worse, 2nd QB on the roster. 3rd stringers will only get glory in cases of injuries...and hoping for injuries for either DJ or Harrington is pathetic for any fan of any team, its like cheering (externally.lol.) when an opposing player gets hurt!

Harrington's a proven loser, and DJ is a potential loser...u can't really call him a bust as a 7th round pick. DJ brings more good PR, and Harrington is that guy everyone who likes the Falcons hates. DJ's horrible numbers are still 2nd most Passing Yards on the team. Harrington dumps off short passes and REQUIRES his WRs and RBs to break many tackles and juke many players for yardage. DJ scrambles on 4th and 12, Harrington scrambles on 2nd and goal with less than 1 yd for some glory. DJ has heart, but makes boneheaded plays. Harrington has no heart and makes boneheaded plays in the actual season. DJ would have won the starting job last year. Harrington inherited the starting job, then lost it 2 times in one season. we waived Harrington already, we can waive him again. It would be in DJ's and his fans' best interest that DJ gets waived...if harrington gets waived, his career's done!

Somebody missed the 4th quarter of the Jags game...

I have watched it....Granted, it was not pretty...but, he did take the team down the field and put us in scoring position.....Also, DJ is a young QB. He may be in his 3rd year, but he is actually playing in his 2nd year. Young QB's make mistakes. Also, that was his first game since his injury....So, combining the facts...1st preseason game of the year, Out with injury the previous year, and he's a young QB....I think I can excuse the interception and not the greatest passing percentage.....But at the same time, give him a pat on the back for moving the team down the field.