2008 NFC south prediction thread

bossFALCON™

player stat predictions anyone?

i'll go out on a limb and say roddy has another solid year. 70+ receptions 1,100 yds

colston's stats will drop a little because of shockey being added to the team, but he will also have a big year nonetheless. 80+ receptions 1,100 yds

galloway and steve smith will both have down years. somewhere around 800 yds.

turner and earnest graham will be at the top of the NFC south in rushing yards. both will go over 1,000

colston's stats will drop a little because of shockey being added to the team, but he will also have a big year nonetheless. 80+ receptions 1,100 yds

You sure it's going to work that way? Shockey's presence should logically translate into less double-teams for Colston. If Shockey cuts into anyone's production, it will likely be Reggie's dump-off plays. And the great thing is Shocky's such a huge upgrade to the run blocking scheme that he'll actually help Reggie's ground game by opening up lanes.

All of this theoretically.

As for my picks...

Saints - 12-4 (none of those losses are to the Chargers. Or Falcons. Offense carries the D until week 5, when they shut a red-hot AD Peterson the F down and finally gel)

Panthers - 9-7 ( they will start out hot and then go flat, then heat up again)

Bucs - 7-9 (EXPOSED!!! - just kidding. Still, last season will not be reproduced, Garcia is a year older and his hot wife is still just a beard)

Falcons - 7-9 (Falcons surpise every single human on the planet and are in playoff contention right up intil the 4th qtr of the final home game vs the Rams, when Matty Ice chokes on a pick-6, which suprises no one)

You said it yourself...a RB that doesn't even start (a.k.a Reggie Bust, #2 overall pick, and $60 Mil) later is a pathetic scenario and future cap implecation later in the near future when he's deterimined officially to be a bust!

Yeah, that's about as crazy as a $130 mil bust QB.

You said it yourself...a RB that doesn't even start (a.k.a Reggie Bust, #2 overall pick, and $60 Mil) later is a pathetic scenario and future cap implecation later in the near future when he's deterimined officially to be a bust!

Would NOW be the right time to bring up that $7.5 million the Falcons paid Horn for that ONE TD last season?

:P

Yeah, that's about as crazy as a $130 mil bust QB.

yea except our qb was a probowler, the only qb to rush for over 1,000 yds (something reggie bust cant even do), he led our team to an NFC championship game (and as a starter, not a backup), he was the first qb to EVER win a playoff game in GB in the playoffs, was the face of our franchise, had a winning record as a starter....need i go on?

Would NOW be the right time to bring up that $7.5 million the Falcons paid Horn for that ONE TD last season?

:P

joe horn got a 17.5 million dollar contract over 4 years....jason david got a 16 million dollar contract over 4 years. joe horn scored a TD last year...how many TDs did jason david give up last year??? ;)

yea except our qb was a probowler, the only qb to rush for over 1,000 yds (something reggie bust cant even do), he led our team to an NFC championship game (and as a starter, not a backup), he was the first qb to EVER win a playoff game in GB in the playoffs, was the face of our franchise, had a winning record as a starter....need i go on?

And he's not playing for you anymore because of stupidity = BUST...

So you can't feel what I'm saying when I say, I'd rather Bush than Vick with the Saints?

Why not? :wacko:

Oh, I would rather Reggie than Mike, but the post I quoted was in response to WTF talking about Vick's on field accomplishments.

And so far, Mike Vick, from an athletic standpoint, a monetary standpoint, and a fan-base standpoint, has meant more to the Falcons' organization that Reggie has to theSaints.

Eventually, Reggie SHOULD surpass Mike in all those facits, but that still remains to be seen .....