Is the Shockley love an after-affect of Vick?

Pi Kapp

I know everyone is stuck on him who follows UGA, but do people see mobile QBs as "Vick Jrs"? Are people still trying to hold onto any last traces of the Michael Vick show, even if it means settling for something thats still extremely less talented?

Or is it UGA-homerism?

I understand homerism, but sometimes it just seems like to easy of an excuse to use...

I know everyone is stuck on him who follows UGA, but do people see mobile QBs as "Vick Jrs"? Are people still trying to hold onto any last traces of the Michael Vick show, even if it means settling for something thats still extremely less talented?

Or is it UGA-homerism?

I understand homerism, but sometimes it just seems like to easy of an excuse to use...

I think it is a combination of UGA homerism and make -believe just to get your goat.

There might be a tad of hoping to bring back the "Vick Magic" with a touch of wanting a black QB .

This is just exhausting! Listening to the dream fantasy that if the bottom of the depth chart QB, if by injuries or by magic he could be the starting QB for the Falcons, he would be a superstar.

All 32 teams passed on D.J. until the Falcons selected him in the 7th round!

He is receiving the respect he deserves!

GO FALCONS!!!

There is nothing wrong with wanting a mobile qb to be as good as Vick or better yet be as good as steve young. But its when a qb is good in the pocket as well as scrambling. Thats something Vick wasn't good at. He would get happy feet. But i dont think Dj gets the left over fans from Vick.

Vick like vince young had talent and its not a common talent. But DJ was more like Vick than like Schuab so he kinda got throw into the Vick type QB. Not taking anything away from schuaby either, he could move also. But i think its more college fans who has the fan fair for dj and not the Vick fans.

When you draft a talent you hope that player can transform the college talent into pro talent and become a star. But dj just hasn't done that for what ever reason. dj is just in a odd spot because he is competing with 2 former nfl starters. Had it been 2 other rookie drafted qbs he might look better to non college fans. But going against starters who have been around and a rookie who is the franchise qb you have to wonder how long he will be around.

Like someone else posted in another thread. You look at grimes and the plays he is making. DJ needs to stand out like that. But he is running out of time to do it and it might already be to late. There just isnt enough roster spots for everyone and tough choices will have to be made.

This is just exhausting! Listening to the dream fantasy that if the bottom of the depth chart QB, if by injuries or by magic he could be the starting QB for the Falcons, he would be a superstar.

All 32 teams passed on D.J. until the Falcons selected him in the 7th round!

He is receiving the respect he deserves!

GO FALCONS!!!

?