Horn released - Falcons pay his $2.5million guaranteed salary

g-dawg

Well, well...........Joe Horn got what he really wanted. His unconditional release and $2.5million guaranteed severance package. Another great Rich McKay signing.........Joe Horn, Ed Hartwell, Jason Webster, Ike Reese et al......

Glad Joe's gone but don't like that he gets guaranteed money for doing "nothing". I wonder if the Falcons get any relief from a portion of that money if he signs with another team - like if Joe signs with Cowboys for $1 million - if the Falcons get a $1 million dollar rebate from the $2.5 million they must pay - anbody know?

What??

We PAID him??????????

**** if we had to pay, I would have rather just de-activated him or stuck him on the Pup list to sit and rot. If we had to be miserable & pay him, he should have been kept just as miserable

that sounds good too! Hopefully we get some of tha tmoney back when someone signs him

What??

We PAID him??????????

**** if we had to pay, I would have rather just de-activated him or stuck him on the Pup list to sit and rot. If we had to be miserable & pay him, he should have been kept just as miserable

I'm vengeful like that too clown org..........What some others have said is that if Joe Horn signs with another team - falcons get cap relief and actual dollar relief - dollar-for-dollar. So, for instance if the Cowboys sign Horn for $500,000, then the Falcons would only have to pay $2million of the $2.5million.

Other teams won't be motivated to give Horn more than the minimum and Horn won't care. Oh well...

I'm vengeful like that too clown org..........What some others have said is that if Joe Horn signs with another team - falcons get cap relief and actual dollar relief - dollar-for-dollar. So, for instance if the Cowboys sign Horn for $500,000, then the Falcons would only have to pay $2million of the $2.5million.

Other teams won't be motivated to give Horn more than the minimum and Horn won't care. Oh well...

Which is exactley why I would have made him tear up the contract to leave or Stay an Inactive Falcon on the Pup list.

I'd pay him bus fare out of town and nothing more.

Well, well...........Joe Horn got what he really wanted. His unconditional release and $2.5million guaranteed severance package. Another great Rich McKay signing.........Joe Horn, Ed Hartwell, Jason Webster, Ike Reese et al......

well he wasnt a total waste of space. he must have had a hand in the progress of White. without him, White could still be dropping balls and our WR core wouldnt be looking as good as it is now

Which is exactley why I would have made him tear up the contract to leave or Stay an Inactive Falcon on the Pup list.

I'd pay him bus fare out of town and nothing more.

Horn would have sat on his "arss" and took the money and probably would have been a nuisance. Honestly, its McKay's fault - it was a stupid giveaway contract last year - nobody else wanted Horn last year and Falcons made the ridiculous offer like they were competing for his services and that he was viable - the GM's around the league knew Horn was "washed up" last year.

Reminds me of when Rich McKay and the Bucs paid Keshawn Johnson that ridiculous money and he did nothing. McKay is HORRIBLE with WRs - was in Tampa and has been in Atlanta - he finally hit on one(Roddy) so he is about 1-for-10 - not good!

well he wasnt a total waste of space. he must have had a hand in the progress of White. without him, White could still be dropping balls and our WR core wouldnt be looking as good as it is now

you could dig up Vince Lombardi and pay him 20% of the $5 million that the Falcons paid "coach Joe Horn" - **** waste of Arthur's money........

Glad Joe's gone but don't like that he gets guaranteed money for doing "nothing". I wonder if the Falcons get any relief from a portion of that money if he signs with another team - like if Joe signs with Cowboys for $1 million - if the Falcons get a $1 million dollar rebate from the $2.5 million they must pay - anbody know?

There also are financial factors that played into Atlanta's decision. Horn has $2.5 million in guarantees on his contract, and if he lands with another team, it's possible the Falcons will be offset for whatever he receives from another team

-from ESPN.com

I see where your coming from but am happy that Horn came here because he is one of the biggest reasons that Roddy is playing the way he is right now. He taught him a lot about reading what the defense is doing and how to react. To me, that was worth bringing in and overpaying Joe Horn. Now we have a star in the making at WR. Isn't that what we always wanted? I think we should be happy he came here. Even if he is a loud mouth. Now he's gone, Roddy's a star and now we can move on.

What??

We PAID him??????????

I agree with you before we release him and still pay him would have told him relese us from the $2.5million guaranteed money or he azz will pup to sit and rot, we will not try and trade you or nothing. If we had waited think Cinn might be intreset with all the WR problems they are having.

Unless someone picks him up.......................which eventually they will...................no one wanted to give up a draft pick for him...............can't blame them.

Horn was yet ANOTHER brilliant deal made by the imposter Rich McKay. This nonsense cost the Falcons approx. $400,000 per catch made as a Falcon.

Only in America !!!!!!!!