ZERO pass rush from the D line

Bring It

I know, I know...............it's still early, pre-season and all that but when I watch how NON EXISTANT our pass rush is ...............consistantly, it is sooooooo obvious.............it is by far the weakest link of our great young team.

Man, when you see the Giants and see how they MAN - HANDLE opponents with their pass rush, and how it radically affects the game, you realize how far we have to go in that department.

I feel sorry for the guys in the secondary. The opposing QB has ALL DAY to throw.

Comments ???

I know, I know...............it's still early, pre-season and all that but when I watch how NON EXISTANT our pass rush is ...............consistantly, it is sooooooo obvious.............it is by far the weakest link of our great young team.

Man, when you see the Giants and see how they MAN - HANDLE opponents with their pass rush, and how it radically affects the game, you realize how far we have to go in that department.

I feel sorry for the guys in the secondary. The opposing QB has ALL DAY to throw.

Comments ???

You are not being completely fair. Sorgi was chased out of the pocket and hurried more than once. I almost choked on my beer when I saw Moore (or was it Moorehead) coming on him halfway across the field at speeds unheard of for a 350+ punder. At first I thought it was Grady, but it wasn't.

Indy and the Jags are good teams with good lines!!Why doesn't that fact come up !!! This is Vanilla defense time,now say something nice about the pass coverage and realize that Abe makes everybody better!!!

The backfield is 80% improved over the past several years when we had "motormouths", not football players. No question Abraham is All - Pro, trouble is we need 2 more just like him. Pray that he stays healthy.

Getting Abe back will help a lot, but the truth is that I haven't seen anything from Jamaal this pre-season that makes me think he can have an impact on our pass rush. I like him against the run, but I'm worried about our pass rush. I'm still gonna hope the light bulb comes on for him, though.

The backfield is 80% improved over the past several years when we had "motormouths", not football players. No question Abraham is All - Pro, trouble is we need 2 more just like him. Pray that he stays healthy.

We will get a good assessment of our pass rush in Game 1. The Lions gave up 54 sacks last season.

I see where you are coming from but not as concerned.Now stopping the run on 1st and 2nd will allow the Smitty to blitz more.Abe will be OK,he has an injury free season behind him.I expect to see plenty of different looks from the DC in passing situations.......I seems I am trying to convince myself but this coaching staff is getting results............ B)

Regardless of the fact that it's pre-season, we have been getting pressure, we dominated the Jags 1st team OL, Garrard only completed 4 passes and no YAC came from it, even Jamaal got a sack (I'm not gonna be sold on him being a "bust" for a lot longer) and without Abe in the lineup, we were still able to keep Sorgi on his toes.

With guys like Abe, Kroy, Babs, Moorehead, and yes, even JAMAAL, once we actually gameplan for opposing OLs, we will look a lot better.

Regardless of the fact that it's pre-season, we have been getting pressure, we dominated the Jags 1st team OL, Garrard only completed 4 passes and no YAC came from it, even Jamaal got a sack (I'm not gonna be sold on him being a "bust" for a lot longer) and without Abe in the lineup, we were still able to keep Sorgi on his toes.

With guys like Abe, Kroy, Babs, Moorehead, and yes, even JAMAAL, once we actually gameplan for opposing OLs, we will look a lot better.

On his toes ??

Uh, this is the NFL. You don't win division titles by keeping the opposing QB "on their toes" !!! You win, like the Giants win, with a punishing pass rush that WIPES OUT the QB and makes him wish he took that baseball offer out of college !!!

On his toes ??

Uh, this is the NFL. You don't win division titles by keeping the opposing QB "on their toes" !!! You win, like the Giants win, with a punishing pass rush that WIPES OUT the QB and makes him wish he took that baseball offer out of college !!!

We are one helluva long way from winning a division regardless of our pass rush. and the giants didnt even win their division last year.

I was looking forward to seeing kerney and abe working together for a few year's to come.But instead we watched are best def player walk out of atlanta.But we really need another high motor player like kerney cause I to dont think are def line can put enuff pressure on th QB this year!!And we dont have enuff depth in the secondary to make up for this problem.But i think were gonna be ok this year against the run.Or we could just rely on are offense to score more then are defense allow's.