Will the friggin Shockley nonsense ever end?

Rev_Hal

I swear people - Why is everyone so obsessed with out 4th string QB? Shockley has played poorly. He has not looked good yet this opreseason. And every appologist here wants to make a laundry list of excuses for him. Folks, let it go. While I want to see Shockley beat out Joey for the #3 spot, I don't think it is going to happen.

Everyone wants to keep pointing out that Shockley has looked bad because he was playing with 4th string scrubs. WHAT? WHAT? He is also playing AGAINST 4th string scrubs. Herman Edwards last year on Hard Knocks told a young QB that if he wats to make the team, he has to make the non-superstar players look like superstars. He has to be good enough to win despite who is around him. Shockley has not done that, and frankly he has not come close to it.

I have been pulling for DJ, but he has underperformed. Period. You guys can make all of the excuses you want, and you can be all angry at the coaches when he is cut, but he is not the 3rd best QB on this team, as sad as that is with Joey still here.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear people - Why is everyone so obsessed with out 4th string QB? Shockley has played poorly. He has not looked good yet this opreseason. And every appologist here wants to make a laundry list of excuses for him. Folks, let it go. While I want to see Shockley beat out Joey for the #3 spot, I don't think it is going to happen.

Everyone wants to keep pointing out that Shockley has looked bad because he was playing with 4th string scrubs. WHAT? WHAT? He is also playing AGAINST 4th string scrubs. Herman Edwards last year on Hard Knocks told a young QB that if he wats to make the team, he has to make the non-superstar players look like superstars. He has to be good enough to win despite who is around him. Shockley has not done that, and frankly he has not come close to it.

I have been pulling for DJ, but he has underperformed. Period. You guys can make all of the excuses you want, and you can be all angry at the coaches when he is cut, but he is not the 3rd best QB on this team, as sad as that is with Joey still here.

Tony Romo or David Garrard didn't make 3rd and 4th stringers stars. This is a different league now, things are a lot different then it used to be. 3rd stringers can matter, not saying they do but they can.

yeah rev, i pulled the 4th string comment lst night that shut down a thread... its pretty logical, but whats logic here anymore, and i know you know what i mean.

It's crazy. The people touting him as DA FUTURE must not be watching the same games I am.

Tony Romo or David Garrard didn't make 3rd and 4th stringers stars. This is a different league now, things are a lot different then it used to be. 3rd stringers can matter, not saying they do but they can.

That makes 100% complete sense, but has nothing to do with Shockley. Out of the top 3 QB's, he is #4. He is not a difference maker, not an impact player, and not adequate enough to play in this league.

It's crazy. The people touting him as DA FUTURE must not be watching the same games I am.

No sense in wasting time on a qb thats just not that good... and to cry about his snaps... why in the world would you even get a guy in before teh 4th quarter when hes a 4th stringer. We are rebuilding, but i can tell you 100% of this team wants to win now, and that means getting his team ready, and thats what were doing.

That makes 100% complete sense, but has nothing to do with Shockley. Out of the top 3 QB's, he is #4. He is not a difference maker, not an impact player, and not adequate enough to play in this league.

He does have playmaking ability, is he an difference maker? No, who is on this roster, Ryan could be but that's yet to be known. He's not experienced enough to be an impact player, most inexperienced QB's aren't. How is he not adequate enough to play in this league?

He does have playmaking ability, is he an difference maker? No, who is on this roster, Ryan could be but that's yet to be known. He's not experienced enough to be an impact player, most inexperienced QB's aren't. How is he not adequate enough to play in this league?

a 4.5 PRESEASON QB RATING thats good enough to cut him. No bs hes playign with 4th stringers, **** Shocks got more exp than most of those 4th stringers (rooks, Undrafted FA rooks.) but still cant make things happen.

Here's one of your apologists.

How is he not adequate? Perhaps because he doesn't hit passes and makes bad decisions. And that is just in the preseason?

When considering depth.. if your 3rd string qb is playing then its probably a bad sign. But last thing you want is a 3rd string qb who is gonna get them self killed pretending to be Vick. A 3rd string qb should be able to manage the game. Nothing special and nothing fancy. Being the 3rd string qb means if you go down, then the ship has sunk. Joey has proved he can take hits (he has been getting beet up his whole career). Joey has started in the league and has experience.While some would argue joey didn't do anything special last week. He did exactly what a 3rd string qb is suppose to do and he did it vs the colts first team.

a 4.5 PRESEASON QB RATING thats good enough to cut him.

Wow, we seen that game, it wasn't like the AFL talent around him could play up to the NFL level either. He looked good against J'ville and bad against Indy but to look at his QB rating and say cut him means your not a NFL mind, more like a idiot fan. He played better then Joey over this preseason when watching the games and is cheaper and younger. Redman is better then both but D.J. is better then Joey in my opinion.