Keith Brooking and Brian Finneran

dipper

Here is a good example of a Good Ole boy that we keep just because he is HOLESOME and clean cut. Brooking hasn't be a threat on our team in years. Now we return Finneran to the team after 2 years and he hasn't caught a cold standing naked in Alaska.

Here we have Choir Boys that can't contribute to the team but some how they remain on the team while we release Demario Williams and refuse to play Joe Horn...

Why doesn't this picture look right...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is a an epic Fail. Finneran was our top receiver last year he played.

Brooking is back at WLB where he belong after being forced to play MLB,. Last time he played WLB all season he was all-pro

Its WHOLESOME. Just because you used all capital letters doesn't mean it's spelled right. Holesome would mean he has...holes....

Joe Horn doesn't WANT to play here, have you been under a rock?

D. Williams is expendable. Nicholas played well last year and we have tons of depth at LB. Also we didn't release him, he was an RFA and signed by another team.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I'll save the Brooking debate for another time. We've beaten that dead.

Sadly enough, Brian Finneran was our best receiver before he got hurt more than two seasons ago. Not only is he a pretty reliable WR, who isn't afraid to go over the middle of the field, but he's also a great ST player.

We didn't have anyone on our team named Demario Williams.

I always thought the ATLFALCOHOLICS would be more knowledgeable about our team. I guess not.

Hey 2003 called it wants it's thread back....

as far as Demo, capable outside lb's are a commodity of this team, and of the whole NFL in general for that matter what we really needed was ILBs......

Joe Horn was and always is a flipping Aint and the fact we ever signed him in the first place was a travesty.... thank goodness we've got TD now hopefully we won't make any more knee jerk FA acquisitions.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I'll save the Brooking debate for another time. We've beaten that dead.

Sadly enough, Brian Finneran was our best receiver before he got hurt more than two seasons ago. Not only is he a pretty reliable WR, who isn't afraid to go over the middle of the field, but he's also a great ST player.

We didn't have anyone on our team named Demario Williams.reserve/future contract

I always thought the ATLFALCOHOLICS would be more knowledgeable about our team. I guess not.

I like fin.... but dude was always kinda slow.... but it seems like he lost an extra 2 steps......Look at it like this...... Would you rather pay your 5th string WR $1.3 million or sign a young guy with potential (whos been cut or placed on the practice squad)...(6'3 215lbs Martin Nance....6'3 203 Martin Nance....6'6 230lbs Mario Urrutia...just to name a few)to a reserve/future contract (all they get paid is like 300gs)

Either way Im cool...... I like fin so we can keep him but if a fan wants him gone.....I understand that too

Here is a good example of a Good Ole boy that we keep just because he is HOLESOME and clean cut. Brooking hasn't be a threat on our team in years. Now we return Finneran to the team after 2 years and he hasn't caught a cold standing naked in Alaska.

Here we have Choir Boys that can't contribute to the team but some how they remain on the team while we release Demario Williams and refuse to play Joe Horn...

Finneran is a great receiver. last time he played a full season he was easily our best and most reliable receiver. We don't refuse to play Joe Horn, he has been constantly hurt and he is old and is not reliable. Demo wanted way too much money. Most of his tackles were 5-10 yards down field just like Brooking, except Brooking has made PROBOWLS. with brooking back at WLB he will be much better, he was not a MLB

Last I checked Finneran had not made the final team, because final cuts have not been made. He was on IR, and came back, so yeah he comes back as a Falcon, and since he was a productive receiver 2 years ago, he at least gets the courtesy of trying to remake the team during preseason. As for Brooking, he has played out of position for at least 2 years, and brings good leadership to a young defense. Yes his days are numbered, age and salary will play factors, as well as incoming talent. But with him back a Wlb he should play much better than last year, since he will be back in his preferred role. If not, we have several good prospects on the team to take his job, but he was a Pro-Bowl WLB, so he gets a chance to do it again.

The Falcons are refusing to play Joe Horn. :lol:

I mean how could the Falcons refuse to play a guy that has asked for a trade how insane? How could they not start player like Horn when his receptions have gone down each year and last year averaged 9.0 ypc? How outrageous is it they not start a player that was outplayed by Mike "tipped ball" Jenkins and a rookie from Illinois State?

To answer your question Finneran isn't complaining about being a 4th or 5th WR and asking to be traded. He actually has studied the playbook and has worked hard to comeback from two injuries. He plays Special Teams because he knows that is what 4th or 5th WRs have to do make the team. Joe Horn right now is a 4th WR and he doesn't like that and it is pretty clear not many other teams think highly enough of him right now to even offer a

7th round draft pick.

As for Brooking though he gets a lot of crap on this board he still led the team in tackles (something everyone will just pass off as nothing) and Nicholas showing good talent which made Demo expendable. Add to that the fact he wanted to start and his best shot at doing that was not with the Falcons. While I liked Demo he wasn't going to start if the Falcons drafted a MLB (Lofton) and with Nicholas they weren't hurting for depth.

I am sorry you liked two players that are gone or on there way out the door but it doesn't make sense to keep the guys you wanted.

Your lack of grammar aside, this makes no sense. Did someone tell you the whole "hasn't caught a cold standing naked in Alaska" earlier today and you decided you just HAD to use it. Well Finn has the third most catches of anyone this preseason, which is only 3, but is more than you say he has and it's 3 more than Joe Horn. Plus, who's worried about Williams. Not me. Brooking is moving back to WLB so he'll be more productive this year than he has recently.

Why don't you just start a thread that says "I hate Whitey" and get it over with.

Finneran is a great receiver. last time he played a full season he was easily our best and most reliable receiver. We don't refuse to play Joe Horn, he has been constantly hurt and he is old and is not reliable. Demo wanted way too much money. Most of his tackles were 5-10 yards down field just like Brooking, except Brooking has made PROBOWLS. with brooking back at WLB he will be much better, he was not a MLB

Get off that 'Five to ten yards downfeild' thing on Brooking. Completely false.

One of the myths about Brooking, is that he gets credit for tackles that were really 'piling on', and that they were 10 yards downfield. I've challenged these people on providing a link, where it shows us evidence that the NFL statisticians count 'piling on' in their numbers. Don't hold your breath, they can't do it. The other part of the myth, 'most of his tackles made ten yards downfield', is easily proven false. Here’s a perfect example, a link to the boxscore for the game in Tampa last year.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?g...&week=REG15

15 tackles (get rid of this guy? duh!) Ten of those tackles on running plays for an average of 3.8 yards, five tackles on pass plays for an average of 6.2 yards (how many linebackers with ten years in the league are still putting up numbers like that?)

Don't let the pigment of Brooking's skin blind you.

Wow...the question isn't about Brooking or Finneran...it's about how you have such a lack of intelligence that you would really type this thread out, in a public forum where other people can see it, and comment on your simplistic, yet utterly moronic point of view. Please leave the race card at home...we're only playing with the 52 card deck here.

P.S. genius*, since you are curious I will break it down for you...most of the receivers are of a darker shade, as well as the linebackers. Dmo was average at best, and Joe Horn is slower than a mini-van full of 9 year olds on the way to soccer practice at this point. <_<<_<

*you know, that looked funny when I typed it.

Keith Brooking has to have serious black mail material against Money Bag$. No other logical way you can explain him still being on this roster. Pat Kearney, DeAngelo Hall and Rod Coleman all gone but Brooking stays? lmao Hilarious (unless you're a true Falcons fan, it's depressing.)

For the record I'm a die hard Yellow Jacket fan but it is what it is.. Brooking has been overated and overpaid for years. He hasn't made a play since before the start of the Iraq war. He's trash..

Now Finneran is solid and would be worth keeping if he could stay healthy.But thats a huge IF.. It's rare when you find an organization willing to keep a 30 year old guy on their roster for two straight seasons without getting any production from him at all. I would understand if he was cut, even though when he's ready to go he usually comes up big when we need him and is good on special teams.