D.J Shockley

dipper

I may offend a few of my Road Trip tailgaters but some things must be told. The writing has been on the wall for Shockley since the season started and he didn't play that much in mini camp.

Blank made a statement after the VICK issue that the Falcons will never have a player that has 100% control over the fans. Why would you deny a hometown player (North Clayton High and University of Georgia) the chance to start in front of his fans in Atlanta. If Coach Smith would have listed D.J as the starter this week, you wouldn't be able to find a ticket for this weeks game. Last Saturday night you could hear a pin drop when Redman entered the game, **** you didn't even know a new QB was playing. When D.J entered the game in the 4th QTR, you would have thought it was kickoff. Some of our Good Ole Boys will be quick to turn this into a race issue but if you would have listen to 790theZone today you would have heard the comments about D.J not getting a fair shake. The Falcons not only need to put a winning team on the field the also need to bring some type of swagger for the fans.

I am not saying he is the best QB in pre-season but you can not fairly judge him while he is playing with the 3rd and 4th string team. More than 50% of those guys that play during the 4th QTR won't make the team. Give him the same chance to play in the 2nd QTR like Joey, Redman and Ryan, put Ryan in during the 4th QTR to see if he is really ready. Some may say that Joey and Redman had better stats but everyone in the NFL knows that Joey cant throw more than 10 yards. Since Joey has been in the NFL he is only averaging 5.8 yds passing, 2004 was the only year when he had more TD than INT... But you guys really want him to make the team, not to mention that he makes 3x more in salary than D.J.

With all this said, Redman can't function unless he is in a Petrino system, Joey can't scramble and lord knows we will need that due to our O-Line, and Ryan is known to be the face of the team. Allow this man the same resources as the other QB had during a game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That has nothing to do with the fact that D.J isn't playing with the 1st and 2nd string. Why not play Ryan in the last game... Lets look at the rotation for the past 2 games...

JACKSONVILLE - Redman, Ryan, Joey, Shockley

COLTS - Joey, Ryan, Redman, Shockley

Tennessee - Ryan, ??, ??, ??

Why is he playing last? Please explain that to me....

That has nothing to do with the fact that D.J isn't playing with the 1st and 2nd string. Why not play Ryan in the last game... Lets look at the rotation for the past 2 games...

NEWSFLASH: D.J. SHOCKLEY is last on the depth chart. That's why he plays last. Our coaching staff feels he is the least talented QB we have right now. He will probably play last again Friday. If he wanted to go third he should try not hitting his receivers shins.

NEWSFLASH: D.J. SHOCKLEY is last on the depth chart. That's why he plays last. Our coaching staff feels he is the least talented QB we have right now. He will probably play last again Friday. If he wanted to go third he should try not hitting his receivers shins.

According to your philosophy Matt should always be third...??? :huh: You are wrong on this one...

Because he just really isnt that good. Thats why, why waste time giving a 3rd stringer/possible practice squad guy snaps with the first team, when youve already termed a QB "face of the franchise". Its simple, get the "franchise" ready. No where in this league in this same situation shockley would still be in the same boat. its that simple really.

I know guys like Garrard and Warner do come along, and i do wish dj would beat joey, but he joey is a good BACKUP and in camp, hes showing it..because.. hes backing up. Just the way it goes, its football.

Although we're rebuilding, this TEAM wants to win, Ryans Talent is far superior to DJs, Get him ready. Hes gonna need it.

No lets talk about hitting Douglas in the hands and the other WR missing his passes 20 yards down field...and how about Ryan throwing the ball in the ground and having Roddy White dig them out for the catch... I really don't know if you guys watch the entire game...

Because he just really isnt that good. Thats why, why waste time giving a 3rd stringer/possible practice squad guy snaps with the first team, when youve already termed a QB "face of the franchise". Its simple, get the "franchise" ready. No where in this league in this same situation shockley would still be in the same boat. its that simple really.

I know guys like Garrard and Warner do come along, and i do wish dj would beat joey, but he joey is a good BACKUP and in camp, hes showing it..because.. hes backing up. Just the way it goes, its football.

:lol::lol: Looks very good...very proficient when handing the ball off to the 35 mill dollar RB..... :lol::lol::lol:

Although we're rebuilding, this TEAM wants to win, Ryans Talent is far superior to DJs, Get him ready. Hes gonna need it.

wow... JOEY IS A GOOD BACKUP...

:lol::lol: Looks very good...very proficient when handing the ball off to the 35 mill dollar RB..... :lol::lol::lol:

Talking about camp in general, Not surprised to find more uga homerism, but theres a reason hes last on teh chart, cause hes outplayed in camp. Point blank, get over the homerism. This is the Atlanta Falcons, not the Georgia Bulldoggs.

I guess us techies should say COOPER IS DA FUTURE, RESIGN DEZ or WHERES JOE WHEN YA NEED him, lol. just kidding. dont bash me for my logical answer because of biased homerism. lame.

theres 60 players who didnt get a chance to start in front of the home ground, being as their all falcons.

i guess they diddnt get a fair shake too?

let it go.

That's what's wrong with America now we don't want toface the truth... It's always let it go when it's not the topic of choice..

who cares when Shockley plays. When he does play against a first string defense he will look even worse than he does against 3rd string defenses. What are his stats this preseason?? or ever?? He is a CFL or AFL player, or maybe the new UFL. Get over it.

Sadly I don't even think he's a cfl player because you have to be accurate in the CFL. Alot of guys come up there like Shock and are gone the same year or are backups that rarely play.

Now it starts. Last year it was PETA and if this kind of crap keeps up this year it will be Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the NAACP.

The guy is in practice every day. All QBs are getting equal playing time. What's the problem? The Falcons are trying to build a 53 man roster, not placate some fans.

DJ is getting just as much a shot as everyone else. Does anyone truly believe he is being held back by the coaching staff? Get real, our coaches have families and need their paychecks too.

Joey has been in the leauge as a starter since 2002 and he has failed with Detroit, Miami saw his flaws after only 1 year but we continue to hold on to unproven players...

Yeah, Ive said all along JOEY should never start anywhere again, hes a 2 at the very best. 3 for the majority. But football is a game of numbers sometimes too often, and dj will fail victim to that, i wish he'd beat "deer in the headlights" joey out, but i dont see him making the roster. He Can make his case friday, 1st, 2nd or 3rd team, it dosent matter, just show up DJ, and Ball your azzs off.

Yeah, Ive said all along JOEY should never start anywhere again, hes a 2 at the very best. 3 for the majority. But football is a game of numbers sometimes too often, and dj will fail victim to that, i wish he'd beat "deer in the headlights" joey out, but i dont see him making the roster. He Can make his case friday, 1st, 2nd or 3rd team, it dosent matter, just show up DJ, and Ball your azzs off.

Yeah....crucial drive ending dropped balls... <_<