D.J. Shockley

David TTU

I'm aware this is irrelevant and doesn't really pertain to anything important, but after googling (love google) Madden player ratings for the Falcons, I found it interesting that D.J. Shockley isn't even on the team. Three QB's are listed, and it's obvious which ones. As I'm yet to purchase the game, can anyone confirm or deny this?

If you're not even on that game, I don't see how anyone can think you're starting material. It may sound ridiculous, be it that we're talking about Madden, but they're extremely well researched and if they don't think you're one of the top 3 QB's on the team, you're probably not

I'd say a worse omen for DJ is the fact Ryan is starting this week and will play the first half plus. That means if DJ starts at all, it will be in the fourth preseason game.

we know that, and in the 4th the starters are usually not playing, and ill say this if Shockley doesnt play 2nd in the 3rd preseason game, then he never had a chance, and the coaches lied, and wanted him out from the start.

we know that, and in the 4th the starters are usually not playing, and ill say this if Shockley doesnt play 2nd in the 3rd preseason game, then he never had a chance, and the coaches lied, and wanted him out from the start.

GAfan, the coaches promised each of the four QB's would start. Assuming DJ starts the fourth pre-season game, then they have fulfilled the promise.

I know this is disappointing to you, but before you get upset, let's see what happens.

Shockley reminds me of that Brad Banks guy (I think thats his name)? who had a super senior season in college a few years back and was up for the Heisman and did nothing in NFL training camps and was later a bust in the CFL. He had the same physical tools and Shock with a good arm and legs but had bad throwing mechanics and was really inconsistent. The only thing saving Shock here is that he's a local guy, if any of the other qb's had his preseason stats everyone on this board would want them cut....

Harrington is better than Redman. If both players retired today more people would remember Harrington as a more successful pro than Redman. Redman is judged by a few meaningless games at the end of last season. If Harrington had gone down with a serious injury in week 5 last year would everyone be calling him to be the starter this year because of the good games he had in week 3 and 4?

GAfan.....come on man .....youve gotta know by now.....dj is not gonna make this squad!!

he will be playing for the Hamilton Tiger Cats soon!!!...................sorry

Houston, the ticats don't need Shockley now, they got that Williams guy who is doing really good! I actually think good CFL qb's are on par with good NFL qb's they just dont get a shot in the NFL. Just the same a bad NFL qb seems to be a bad CFL qb i.e Akili Smith, Casey Printers in his second stint, Mike McMahon, Mike Bishop etc.

GAfan.....come on man .....youve gotta know by now.....dj is not gonna make this squad!!

he will be playing for the Hamilton Tiger Cats soon!!!...................sorry

Don't worry about GF, he's just a little worried that he's going to lose atleast 1/2 of a sig bet he has going with me.

Harrington is better than Redman. If both players retired today more people would remember Harrington as a more successful pro than Redman. Redman is judged by a few meaningless games at the end of last season. If Harrington had gone down with a serious injury in week 5 last year would everyone be calling him to be the starter this year because of the good games he had in week 3 and 4?

harrington has not had success in this game :lol: and who said someone is going to remember him. :lol: just stop!

GAfan, the coaches promised each of the four QB's would start. Assuming DJ starts the fourth pre-season game, then they have fulfilled the promise.

I know this is disappointing to you, but before you get upset, let's see what happens.

By saying that, I interpreted this to mean they would all see time with the first team. I must have been the only one, or they have backed off their original statement. :huh: