Turner or McFadden?

miKevicK777

I never really put much thought into Turner when he was a free agent. I thought it was an average runningback, but I think hes more than average. A power back with that much speed is so rare and he looks like hes got some quickness to him to make defenders miss.

At this point, I'm extremely happy that we got Turner for two reasons.

1. hes a great talent with potential to be one of the best in the league.

2. He saved us a 3rd overall draft pick... I think we would have gotten McFadden without Turner since Dunn was Done and Norwood cant take a full load.

Many were saying Turner was overpaid with a 6 year 34.5 mil contract. (McFadden got 6 year 60 million. thats almost double)

But the thing is, if Turner and McFadden were both free agents at this point, I would rather take Turner.

I dont think I'm alone here. As far as this situation goes, I think the FO made an amazing free agent aquisiton. I think this balances out the overpaying for Matt Ryan.

But thats just my opinion. What about you?

DMC is nice but I don't see him carrying the load either... much like Norwood. If he can, then awesome but I get the feeling he will end up being used in hybrid role. Maybe I'm wrong.

Turner is a much better load-carrying back. He has a low center of gravity which makes him more balanced and harder to take down with just a hit, he's got the muscle to break through arm tackles and move the pile, and finally he has the 4.4 speed to hit the seam and take it 40-50 yards downfield... He had I think 2 runs last year of 70 yards plus... That's burning right there.

Turner is a bowling ball and the combination of Ryan and Turner is more appealing than McFadden and a second rounder

exactly....thats the big picture. to take DMC we dont get Ryan. Probably not Baker either since we would have moved into late round one for a QB (possibly)

so by taking Turner, we got a better RB, a LT and a franchise QB.

I never really put much thought into Turner when he was a free agent. I thought it was an average runningback, but I think hes more than average. A power back with that much speed is so rare and he looks like hes got some quickness to him to make defenders miss.

At this point, I'm extremely happy that we got Turner for two reasons.

1. hes a great talent with potential to be one of the best in the league.

2. He saved us a 3rd overall draft pick... I think we would have gotten McFadden without Turner since Dunn was Done and Norwood cant take a full load.

Many were saying Turner was overpaid with a 6 year 34.5 mil contract. (McFadden got 6 year 60 million. thats almost double)

But the thing is, if Turner and McFadden were both free agents at this point, I would rather take Turner.

I dont think I'm alone here. As far as this situation goes, I think the FO made an amazing free agent aquisiton. I think this balances out the overpaying for Matt Ryan.

But thats just my opinion. What about you?

1989fan got it right......

its NOT - "Turner vs. McFadden"

its Turner/Ryan vs. McFadden.....

i'm sure we would have signed a different free agent if we did not sign Michael Turner - but who? Alan Faneca who is 30+ years old? no thanks......

I always have liked Turner all on his own. When you combine the Turner signing (as several have here) with what it allowed the FO to do in the early part of the draft it looks even better. This team is on the rise and if the OL can look good in the regular season we may still shock the world.

I'll put it this way McFadden wasn't my 1st choice in his draft much less over Turner. I would have taken Clinton Portis I mean Rashard Mendenhall ;) over Mcfadden any day of the week. He has a heck of alot more muscle and power + he isn't that much slower than mcfadden considering he was in the mid 4.4 range

Simple DMAC is not that good.

DMAC is that good - he "tore it up" in his preseason game last week........don't sleep on DMAC in your fantasy draft - he is going to be a great 2nd or 3rd RB starter.......

I'm glad we signed Turner and drafted Ryan(have already said so on this same thread) - but DMAC is good - you are wrong JBopper. He is going to be a STAR!!!