if we go 0-4 in the preseason, where is the confidence going to come from going into the season?

i hear on this board all the time that preseason doesnt matter as far as records go, but it should. the best we can go now is on a 2 game winning streak going into the season which should and would build the teams confidence up, and get them hyped about the season. if we lose these next 2 games, there will be no spark to go into the season. i hear commentators and analysis everyday saying to a young, rebuilding team, EVERY GAME is important to win because it builds confidence. the more you win, the more confidence our young players will have going into the next game and so on and so on. during the end of saturdays game, they interviewed brent grimes, he mentioned that he just wanted to win that game. it doesnt really matter about individual stats, its about winning. like they say, winning cures all.

please stop the comparisions to the colts because they have not rebuilt there team. get that through your head!!!!

Look at our Jags game. We lost. Does that mean our team played terrible and players are turning emo? No, players were pleased with their performance and Coach Smith was happy. It can actually be a good thing to lose. That way you learn from your mistakes so when the regular season comes, you don't make the same mistakes when the game actually counts.

please stop the comparisions to the colts because they have not rebuilt there team. get that through your head!!!!

OK, watch who we start and play in the 4th pre-season game and then you can decide if we should take a win from that game seriously.

Let's say we have DJ start that game and don't dress Turner, Abraham, White, Norwood, Milloy, and a few other guys and we're playing with mostly backups and rookies.

Are you going to take a win from that game seriously?

OK, watch who we start and play in the 4th pre-season game and then you can decide if we should take a win from that game seriously.

Let's say we have DJ start that game and don't dress Turner, Abraham, White, Norwood, Milloy, and a few other guys and we're playing with mostly backups and rookies.

Are you going to take a win from that game seriously?

why not? every player should have that winning mentality on their minds going into each game preseason or not. its about what can i do to help this team win, not what i can do for myself. and to be honest, its probably going to be like that the last preseason game. most of the starters will not dress, but that doesnt mean we wont have a chance in winning. younger players need a confidence builder and a win will do that.

It would matter a lot more if the coaches were not using this Preseason as an evaluation tool, if the Falcons knew the combination of starters and mix of players I could see the preseaon meaning a lot more to the Falcons as a young team. Next year I think the preseason will have a different feel to it and a different mentality as long as all of the key players/coaches stay the same. You really shouldn't listen to the talking heads during the broadcast of a game, there are very few in the business that actually know what they're talking about. (and they're not found on channel 36 out of Atlanta)

preseason is not going to give any team any momentum. the games are sloppy and designed to get the bubble players reps so coaches can make presonnel decisions. momentum starts after week 1. period.

Not to mention it's a good live run through for the Refs, replay officials, stadium officials, broadcast teams, etc.

preseason win and loss record doesn't mean anything.

X 2.

Last year was a perfect case in point. Not one division winner had a winning record in the preseason.

New England Patriots 2-2

Baltimore Ravens 2-2

Indianapolis Colts 1-3

San Diego Chargers 2-2

Philadelphia Eagles 2-3

Chicago Bears 2-2

New Orleans Saints 1-3

Seattle Seahawks 2-2

The mindset for the players in preseason is to execute on every play but winning the game isn't important.

I personally don't care either way. At the Colts game, there were fans trying to get me riled when we were losing but I could care less. Now, let it be a regular season going and I would have had a completely different attitude.

To put it simply.

I would take a 0-4 preseason and end up with a killer reg. season win loss record anyday.

To be complicated.

We don't need a winning streak to give us good mojo. All the players are playing with passion and they are fired up from our coaches and fellow teammates.

It's going to be a long season for trolls

X 2.

Last year was a perfect case in point. Not one division winner had a winning record in the preseason.

New England Patriots 2-2

Baltimore Ravens 2-2

Indianapolis Colts 1-3

San Diego Chargers 2-2

Philadelphia Eagles 2-3

Chicago Bears 2-2

New Orleans Saints 1-3

Seattle Seahawks 2-2

lol, you, along with everybody else are not getting the point..name me one team off that list that had a reletively new team last year? THATS THE POINT!!!stop comparing already, dang.

lol, you, along with everybody else are not getting the point..name me one team off that list that had a reletively new team last year? THATS THE POINT!!!stop comparing already, dang.

the reason the win/loss record doesn't matter is that very few of the players who are playing when the game is on the line will be on the team when the season starts.

Show us a "new team" that did very well in the preseason and then went on to the regular season with a winning streak. It's amazing how many "points" you have that NOBODY else understands except for yourself of course.... it should really make you question your own logic. :lol:

Show us a "new team" that did very well in the preseason and then went on to the regular season with a winning streak. It's amazing how many "points" you have that NOBODY else understands except for yourself of course.... it should really make you question your own logic. :lol:

I'm going to agree with this.

huh?tell me the last time the nfl had basically a new, rebuilt team??if you use your head more, and stop playin with your other head, u will understand.