We need a new LB Coach

jgentry162

:huh:

We need a new LB coach. The Dolphins old LB coach and before them, the lowly Detroit Lions. The LB's are our strongest position on the team, yet they are not attacking like they have in the past. I see a lot of hesitation that I never saw in the past. The way it looks to me is they are thinking instead of reacting and when the whole group is doing it, that generally points to the LB coach not having them ready for the game. I know Smith's defense rely's on the LB's more than most teams helping in the short passing game, but I saw stupid moves by all the LB's in the game. We should have gotten the best LB coach in the NFL and made him assistant head coach or something to be able to hire him away from his old team. The most talented position on the team should have one of the most talented position coaches to get the play out of them.

The one I remember the most is when we did a double LB blitz and Brooking followed the other LB right behind him through the same hole on the left side of the D-line. It was like a desperation blitz praying for a run toward Jamal Anderson. The gamble didn't work. I hope we are just playing "Real Vanilla "with our backers saving the real deal until the regular season. Not once did we use the speed Nicholas has and his ability to get into the back field and Lofton waits for the RB to come to him instead of him hitting the hole when the RB does. Brooking looked like he was playing with lead shoes on. What it truly reminded me of, was playing football as a kid and having to count to three one-thousand before you could rush the passer. We have enough talent at LB that we can use a rotation and throw all kinds of things at the offense. The third game first half generally is the best time to see what the team really has as that is when they play the closest to the way they are going to play regular season. The first two is just seeing what works and evaluation and that last is just to get a last look at players probably not going to make the team, after the first drive. That is when we will know who the starting QB will be as he will QB the first drive of the last game and then all of the starters that can be will be taken out. Unless both head coaches decide to do it first drives in the second half to let the starters get a chance to go through second half adjustments.

This might be the case, because Smith said all four of the QB's will get a chance to start and with Ryan starting this week that would leave only the last game for Shockley to start and we all know he will not be the starter day one. Pretty much other than one drive the last game will be nothing but last minute evaluations and back ups fighting for a roster spot.

To get back to the point when our 1st team defense goes against the other teams 1st team offense. I hope to see better LB play, as they have not played like I thought they would and know they can.

We play a Cover 2, that means our LBs are read and react players. Last year, our LBs were mainly blitzing or playing man coverage. This year they are covering the middle and mid-sideline plays. We were actually doing very good things in the Colts and Jags game, paticularly the Colts game. You're not going to see much LB blitzing unless we are having a seriously hard time getting to the QB.

We played some Tampa two defense last year also, especially when we corner blitzed and the LB's still didn't look lost when we did. We also did some Zone blitzing last year as we did Friday. In the passing game they did do fine, but with our weak D-line we have to have the backers recognize run faster and react faster and hit the hole as the back is, not after the back is past the line two yards and gets dragged for another three yards bringing him down. Heck, they will take that all day and never pass on us and just tire our defense out and put us away in the 4th QTR. I just hope we are playing extra vanilla and Smith doesn't think he has the same type D-line he had in Jacksonville. They are going to need help. In fact with the backers we have and Having a big Body like Grady why we don't play a 3-4 defense. You can do so much more out of the 3-4 and we would be able to utilize the strength of the team more. Then we could bench Bustmal Anderbust.

Don't you mean "you were dropped as a baby"? Learn your helping verbs and write proper English. Because, in English class you were not listening.

Oops! And I'm usually the one getting onto people about their country as* grammar. Anywho, the point is that the linebackers have looked really good thus far from the starting unit all the way to the guys playing mop up. You must be mistaken.