My 2 cents

Richard-cNILE

The coaches have made it clear the offense will be built around the running game. Given our QB situation, that' a good thing. The new LT (S. Baker) seems to be ready for prime time and hopfully the rest of our O-Line is also. While it is just preseason and that's all I'm commenting on; I think our O-Line deserves the "most improved" award.

QB, Ryan has a long way to go and the pick 6 he threw on Saturday is probably just the first of many such events we will see over the life of his contract. The fact is, he doesn't have a strong enough arm to get the ball deep or throw an out like that. That may be OK, there are other QB's who were good QB's that didnt' have a strong arm.

Running game, due to the O-Line is also looking good.

However, just like with Vick, by half-time of the first game, teams will be stacking the LOS and we really don't have the beef upfront to play smash-mouth for four quarters... nor the defense to keep the game close.

Speaking of defense... Ya, D-Line is probably wins the award for "least improved." We will get run on and we will get passed on because we don't have a D-Line that can stuff the run or rush the passer. Games may be close, but in the 4th qtr, our DB's will be exhausted from covering all day and tackling RB's and the game will slip away.

It is a rebuilding year so my expactations are not high. I'll watch... mostly to plot progress and be happy if we steal a few wins.

One more comment on the run game. I like Turner... but boy it would have been nice to have seen him be able to outrun those DB's and make it to the endzone.

Ryan does not have a Favre arm, but it is far from weak. You are thinking of Redman. Who has a below average NFL arm. Ryan can make all the throws . Good QB's throw the ball with just enough zip on the ball to allow it to get there before the corner does to make the ball easier to catch. That was why, when Vick did hit the mark he had so many drops. He didn't help his receiver out at all. Ryan will learn the sped of the game and study his opponent DB's to know just how much speed you have to put on the ball throwing to receivers covered by different DB's. When you don't study your opponent and learn their tenancies you have to throw all of your balls Like Deion Sanders is covering them. A good QB makes it as easy as he can for his receivers to make the catch. Not go out and see how many fingers he can break. Ryan will throw more than that one INT learning the speed of the game in the NFL.

Ryan does not have a Favre arm, but it is far from weak. You are thinking of Redman. Who has a below average NFL arm. Ryan can make all the throws . Good QB's throw the ball with just enough zip on the ball to allow it to get there before the corner does to make the ball easier to catch. That was why, when Vick did hit the mark he had so many drops. He didn't help his receiver out at all. Ryan will learn the sped of the game and study his opponent DB's to know just how much speed you have to put on the ball throwing to receivers covered by different DB's. When you don't study your opponent and learn their tenancies you have to throw all of your balls Like Deion Sanders is covering them. A good QB makes it as easy as he can for his receivers to make the catch. Not go out and see how many fingers he can break. Ryan will throw more than that one INT learning the speed of the game in the NFL.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope you are correct on Ryan's arm. Again, i'm not passing judgment on him... just saying what i've seen so far after two preseason games.

Yeah, Matt Ryan may not have the strongest arm, but it definitely isn't as weak as some are making it out to be. With that said, I agree on most points. I'd also like to point out that this looks to be a good tackling team....atleast so far.

Ya, there was a dude who played for San Fran back in the 80's who didn't have a stong arm, but he was pretty good also. Not comparing Ryan to him, just saying...

The coaches have made it clear the offense will be built around the running game. Given our QB situation, that' a good thing. The new LT (S. Baker) seems to be ready for prime time and hopfully the rest of our O-Line is also. While it is just preseason and that's all I'm commenting on; I think our O-Line deserves the "most improved" award.

QB, Ryan has a long way to go and the pick 6 he threw on Saturday is probably just the first of many such events we will see over the life of his contract. The fact is, he doesn't have a strong enough arm to get the ball deep or throw an out like that. That may be OK, there are other QB's who were good QB's that didnt' have a strong arm.

However, just like with Vick, by half-time of the first game, teams will be stacking the LOS and we really don't have the beef upfront to play smash-mouth for four quarters... nor the defense to keep the game close.

Speaking of defense... Ya, D-Line is probably wins the award for "least improved." We will get run on and we will get passed on because we don't have a D-Line that can stuff the run or rush the passer. Games may be close, but in the 4th qtr, our DB's will be exhausted from covering all day and tackling RB's and the game will slip away.

It is a rebuilding year so my expactations are not high. I'll watch... mostly to plot progress and be happy if we steal a few wins.

One more comment on the run game. I like Turner... but boy it would have been nice to have seen him be able to outrun those DB's and make it to the endzone.

im going to have to disagree with you about our team dying down through 4 quarters because we are cross training so many guys and we have good depth all of the sudden when McClure and Weiner come back too. our DL will take some time to develop but remember this is still preseason and i trust our coaching staff. Especially since Smith was a great defensive coordinator and VanGorder has a competitive style. Same goes to ours DB's and we will have great depth even if its rookies.

Agree with the OL being most improved unit, and possibly DB's getting the nod with 2nd most improved. DL least improved.

Dont know about the Turner outrunning those DB's. First, they had angle on him, secondly he has more power than speed. I wouldn't

trade it!!! We had zero power running last year. This year we have a good bit of it, with some good speed to compliment. I was VERY

happy with that portion of the game.

I thought Ryan look great, but for an obvious mistake or two. I'm not a very big "woo hoo lets jump on the Ryan bandwagon guy", but

I do think he'll work out just fine. It's going to take him time to adjust to NFL speed; speed of defensive ends and DB's alike. The pass was

just slightly behind Finn, but was 100% jumpable, and jumped it was. He'll learn. My guess is that it'll be a while before he throws a long

out like that one again...