I'm glad the Falcons did not give up on Roddy White

Rev_Hal

If we had given up on Roddy White, we would not have one of the stud receivers in the NFL today.

I think the same thing applies to Anderson. I am not ready to throw the towel in on him. He was drafted as someone who needed work, and I think it is too early to call him a bust. It is disappointing to see a top 10 pick mature as slowly as he is, but with what we ahve vested in him, I think it is still too early to call him a bust.

If we had given up on Roddy White, we would not have one of the stud receivers in the NFL today.

I think the same thing applies to Anderson. I am not ready to throw the towel in on him. He was drafted as someone who needed work, and I think it is too early to call him a bust. It is disappointing to see a top 10 pick mature as slowly as he is, but with what we ahve vested in him, I think it is still too early to call him a bust.

I don't know.

A lot of Falcons fans have no problem calling Bush a bust, yet I think he's producing way more in his position that Anderson is in his.

Face it, Rev ... the Anderson jersey WAS a mistake ........

I don't know.

A lot of Falcons fans have no problem calling Bush a bust, yet I think he's producing way more in his position that Anderson is in his.

Face it, Rev ... the Anderson jersey WAS a mistake ........

I ahve this bad luck streak. When I buy a jersey, the guy is either a bust, or is gone the next season. That I why I'll never buy a Brooking jersey. After Kerney and Crump, I just couldn't stand being the reson he left. :P

there is a BIG difference IMO.

White showed flashes of his potential weekly. Anderson has not. He is just there.

Roddy was inconsistant. Anderson is consistant.....at not getting it done. It would be different if he would ge have a great game, then disappear. That would lead me to believe he has the tools, but needs to learn. Anderson just appears to not have the tools.

Yes, but Roddy still showed flashes.

Consistency was his problem. For example when was Roddy's first 100 yard game? That was against Tampa.... and I want to say it was his 2nd year.

I hope Jamaal comes around but the way he gets off the ball is a little worrisome. He looks the same as he did in the Seattle game. He's slow off the ball and hesitates.

Hopefully he'll get better with more snaps...

Wide receiver is a little different than DE. Most good DE's will be good by their second year.

Well, the 2nd season hasn't started yet, so calls in the preseason for Anderson are premature.

Remember that Anderson was severely hampered last year by poor coaching along the DL, they had him lining up out of position and did not teach him proper technique. He was also there primarily to be a run stopper and not a pass rusher in last year's scheme.

So basically, this is like Anderson's rookie preseason. We're going to see some mistakes and slow reactions because he is still thinking instead of reacting out there. He's still learning the system, and proper techniques on how to really play the position at the NFL level. Once he gets this down, Anderson has the talent to be a solid to above average NFL LDE, but he is a work in progress.

Roddy was called a bust and many wanted to cut him after he scored zero TDs his second season. Just as Roddy made a couple plays his rookie season, so did Anderson against the run. Playing LDE on the strong side is very hard against the run for any rookie and Anderson eld his own, showing promise.

Anderson also tied for lead in QB hurries for all rookies last year showing promise in the pass rush.

The informed fan understands it is simply too early to conclude anything about Andersons future, he still may rturn out to be a very good LDE for us, we simply do not know yet.

Well, the 2nd season hasn't started yet, so calls in the preseason for Anderson are premature.

Remember that Anderson was severely hampered last year by poor coaching along the DL, they had him lining up out of position and did not teach him proper technique. He was also there primarily to be a run stopper and not a pass rusher in last year's scheme.

So basically, this is like Anderson's rookie preseason. We're going to see some mistakes and slow reactions because he is still thinking instead of reacting out there. He's still learning the system, and proper techniques on how to really play the position at the NFL level. Once he gets this down, Anderson has the talent to be a solid to above average NFL LDE, but he is a work in progress.

Do we get a salary cap exemption for that since last year was a throw away year for him? No we don't.

This is the NFL, it's his 2nd year, and he was the #8 pick. He needs to produce THIS year.

He doesn't need to have double digit sacks but he can't have another zero sack year or other games where he doesn't show up on the stat sheet in any way.

I understand what you're trying to say but this is his 2nd year. I'm looking for some kind of production

Oh and how do you feel about Anderson with Abraham NOT being in the line-up?

I ahve this bad luck streak. When I buy a jersey, the guy is either a bust, or is gone the next season. That I why I'll never buy a Brooking jersey. After Kerney and Crump, I just couldn't stand being the reson he left. :P

Why don't you buy some Aints shirts Rev I'm sure they could do to lose a player here and there!! :lol:

Do we get a salary cap exemption for that since last year was a throw away year for him? No we don't.

This is the NFL, it's his 2nd year, and he was the #8 pick. He needs to produce THIS year.

He doesn't need to have double digit sacks but he can't have another zero sack year or other games where he doesn't show up on the stat sheet in any way.

I understand what you're trying to say but this is his 2nd year. I'm looking for some kind of production

Oh and how do you feel about Anderson with Abraham NOT being in the line-up?

Last year was a throwaway year because Mr. Blank wanted Pingtrina to coach.

Agree with you on the sacks. He needs to produce some, and I think he will. This scheme is going to be much better for him in that regards it looks like.

As for the 2nd season, I did mean regular season. Guys are only playing a quarter or so of football in the preseason, so it's not like he has a whole game to work a RT over, figure out the best way to beat him, and set him up for moves later in the game. If he's not producing by the mid point of this year, then yes, we need to get some production there. But since people have seemed to of forgotten about it. JA98 did put up a sack already this preseason, so there is hope still.

Last year was a throwaway year because Mr. Blank wanted Pingtrina to coach.

Agree with you on the sacks. He needs to produce some, and I think he will. This scheme is going to be much better for him in that regards it looks like.

As for the 2nd season, I did mean regular season. Guys are only playing a quarter or so of football in the preseason, so it's not like he has a whole game to work a RT over, figure out the best way to beat him, and set him up for moves later in the game. If he's not producing by the mid point of this year, then yes, we need to get some production there. But since people have seemed to of forgotten about it. JA98 did put up a sack already this preseason, so there is hope still.

Yeah, don't get me started about Petirno. I was NEVER happy with his hiring and his staff.

As a matter of fact I was one of the first to point out his staff's NFL experience. I brought it up immediatley because I was very unhappy when they let Bill Johnson walk for an unproven college assistant.

You should have seen the responses. The message board has changed twice since then so I can't go back and show you the posts.

However, it's really funny how coaching didn't matter then but it's a huge deal now. I wasn't an NFL Head Coach or GM so I didn't know what I was talking about according to some of the nicer responses.

Of course this was the time almost everyone here was in love with Petirno and thought he was going to "right the ship" even though there were signs of trouble everywhere... some guys chose to ignore them.

When the news broke of him quitting people around here didn't believe it for a few days....

I'm not ready to call Jamaal a bust but I would like to see a little more from him as we get into the regular season.