Ryan's Interception

The Coach or Ryan aren't making any, so why do we???..... <_<

Smith thought Ryan made a bad read on the interception Indianapolis cornerback Kelvin Hayden returned for a 67-yard touchdown late in the second quarter. Hayden had little trouble stepping in front of Brian Finneran for an easy pick.

"I just didn't make a good decision throwing the ball during that interception," Ryan said. "You just have to learn from it. Hopefully I can take something away from that drive and allow it to benefit me in the future."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the red highlights sir....it has nothing to do with stuggling....It was a bad read and a bad decision to throw the ball. Nothing in that article suggests "struggling" from time to time.

It was a rookie mistake and a welcome to the NFL moment.

NFL DB's can get in front and underneath passes MUCH faster than the ACC.

I'm just glad he did this in the pre-season.

You guys can pass it off if you want but a pick 6 mistake is enormous. This kid threw more int's in college than any other top pick in the history of the NFL. Great QB's don't throw 17ints in college, that is an insane amount.

If you throw 17 ints in college get ready to see at least 22+ ints in the NFL. It will happen, Ryan will be mediocre at best.

The Coach or Ryan aren't making any, so why do we???..... <_<

Smith thought Ryan made a bad read on the interception Indianapolis cornerback Kelvin Hayden returned for a 67-yard touchdown late in the second quarter. Hayden had little trouble stepping in front of Brian Finneran for an easy pick.

"I just didn't make a good decision throwing the ball during that interception," Ryan said. "You just have to learn from it. Hopefully I can take something away from that drive and allow it to benefit me in the future."

let me take a wild guess here.......a DJ Shockley for starting QB agenda manifested by hypercriticism of Ryan?

Why can't guys like you just root for both players? Why must you try to drag down one simply because you are in love with the other?

let me take a wild guess here.......a DJ Shockley for starting QB agenda manifested by hypercriticism of Ryan?

Why can't guys like you just root for both players? Why must you try to drag down one simply because you are in love with the other?

Dude...you don't have a clue....I'VE NEVER CALLED FOR SHOCKLEY TO START. This thread is about the excuses people make for Ryan. Ryan doesn't even make excuses for himself neither does the coach. So why do we? <_<

By the way....Please look at my sig and you'll see my clear choice of QBs.... :D

You guys can pass it off if you want but a pick 6 mistake is enormous. This kid threw more int's in college than any other top pick in the history of the NFL. Great QB's don't throw 17ints in college, that is an insane amount.

If you throw 17 ints in college get ready to see at least 22+ ints in the NFL. It will happen, Ryan will be mediocre at best.

Yes, I am pretty sure most NFL Top picks weren't throwing nearly 650 passes with poor surrounding talent and a weak defense to deal with.

Dude...you don't have a clue....I'VE NEVER CALLED FOR SHOCKLEY TO START. This thread is about the excuses people make for Ryan. Ryan doesn't even make excuses for himself neither does the coach. So why do we? <_<

By the way....Please look at my sig and you'll see my clear choice of QBs.... :D

You've been a good supporter of Ryan and pretty fair in general about all the QBs. What I have noticed though is when someone makes a negative post about DJ you tend to make a very similar about the other guys. I could be wrong but I think that's what he's saying. As I said though, you've been pretty fair overall. Honestly though, if we had a game tomorrow and Ryan couldn't start, who would you want to start?

This anti-Ryan slap has been predicted for weeks, congrats on being the "lucky one" who actually started the thread.

We have a winner people! A DJ Shockley homer takes the honor.

Until you posted this, I had not seen another Ryan INT Excuse thread.

The man spoke up and put it on himself. Seems that DJ made several int's already, a game ender last week and to be honest I gave DJ some slack last week. I see nothing to base that on with his performance this week.

DJ looked just awful vs the Colts.

And yet, still be much better than any QB "gracing" the sux's roster.

Ryan is a rookie and he made a rookie screw up. No excuses needed.

Exactly right, it was nice to see Ryan take immediate blame for the mistakes and acknowledge there were things he should have done different. It shows some maturity for Ryan accept responsibility like that in front of the media.