Shockley interception

jgentry162

I was not as upset with Shockley's interception than the fact he had other receivers who were more open and he continues to throw with no touch. Yes, it is good to put some zip on the ball at times , Ryan should have put more zip on the pass he had intercepted, It still would not have been as hard as Shockley throws everyone of his passes. Also it is very obvious Shockley has a hard time and often can't see the entire field as this is the second game in a row that he missed receivers that were wide open and forced balls to receivers who were less. Ryan has showed a great understanding of the offense and is making good reads. The NFL is still fast for him, It will slow down in time, lets hope. Harrington did nothing to make him shine nor make him look bad. I think Redman at this point gives us our best chance to be successful early on, but in the long run it might be best to let Ryan take his bumps. I think he is elusive enough that if and when the line breaks down to still be successful. He ran for his life all of last year at BC. I am not sure when the first cuts are, but I can't see the value of letting Shockley take valuable time away from the other QB's to gel in the new offence with the rest of the team. I have seen no flashes of him being capable of being even a back up in the NFL much less the starter as some have mentioned in the past. We have to many holes to let Shockley take a spot from a player who his still in a battle for a position. In fact with our draft position we are sitting well to pick up players from other teams that have suddenly found to be over loaded at a position because of surprise play from players not expected to play as well as they are because of their draft position or were free agents that surprised and we can get a player of need for us. Like a RB that can get short yardage and break a few tackles on third and shorts. ;)

I was not as upset with Shockley's interception than the fact he had other receivers who were more open and he continues to throw with no touch. Yes, it is good to put some zip on the ball at times , Ryan should have put more zip on the pass he had intercepted, It still would not have been as hard as Shockley throws everyone of his passes. Also it is very obvious Shockley has a hard time and often can't see the entire field as this is the second game in a row that he missed receivers that were wide open and forced balls to receivers who were less. Ryan has showed a great understanding of the offense and is making good reads. The NFL is still fast for him, It will slow down in time, lets hope. Harrington did nothing to make him shine nor make him look bad. I think Redman at this point gives us our best chance to be successful early on, but in the long run it might be best to let Ryan take his bumps. I think he is elusive enough that if and when the line breaks down to still be successful. He ran for his life all of last year at BC. I am not sure when the first cuts are, but I can't see the value of letting Shockley take valuable time away from the other QB's to gel in the new offence with the rest of the team. I have seen no flashes of him being capable of being even a back up in the NFL much less the starter as some have mentioned in the past. We have to many holes to let Shockley take a spot from a player who his still in a battle for a position. In fact with our draft position we are sitting well to pick up players from other teams that have suddenly found to be over loaded at a position because of surprise play from players not expected to play as well as they are because of their draft position or were free agents that surprised and we can get a player of need for us. Like a RB that can get short yardage and break a few tackles on third and shorts. ;)

What an opinion.... <_<

Bottom line, across the middle throws should not be lobbed. Dude should have caught that ball. It's always Shockley's or Vick's fault if they throw a hard ball ... but when Favre does it, it's the receivers fault. Only comparing arm strength here, so don't blow it up.

par·a·graph

–noun

1. a distinct portion of written or printed matter dealing with a particular idea, usually beginning with an indentation on a new line.

2. a paragraph mark.

3. a note, item, or brief article, as in a newspaper.

–verb (used with object)

4. to divide into paragraphs.

5. to write or publish paragraphs about, as in a newspaper.

6. to express in a paragraph.

I agree Favre at times has put to much zip on a ball trying to force a ball in when everyone is covered and he is trying to make something happen. That is when he gets his interception ratio up. I will also say that Favre does not throw every pass he throws with every bit of arm he has. Favre has touch and is pretty accurate. It is only when he is behind and everyone is covered, that Favre tries to force the ball. Shockley and Vick both throw the ball as hard as they can/could every pass. I remember once when he actually saw his hot read, Vick threw the ball to Price six yards away like he was throwing a hail marry and of course he did not catch it. Oh, but the receivers can't catch. Shockley had receivers wide open, but try's to force the ball to covered players

Bottom line, across the middle throws should not be lobbed. Dude should have caught that ball. It's always Shockley's or Vick's fault if they throw a hard ball ... but when Favre does it, it's the receivers fault. Only comparing arm strength here, so don't blow it up.

If we can't make a full comparison of the three, it must be because you already know there's no comparison. In which case, there's no point in bringing it up because there is no comparison.

Yes te ball should have been caught, not tipped. At the same time, yes, Shockley could have taken a little off of it. I haven't seen to many blaming him for the int.

All the English lessons then misspells SHOULD below. Do you know what helping Verbs are? If I were writing a paper for an English class it would be perfect. If I were writing an article for a paper or a magazine It would be perfect. However, when I am writing with my left hand because my right wrist is broken I just write. I do use plurals as so many young don't these days. :lol:

All the English lessons then misspells SHOULD below. Do you know what helping Verbs are? If I were writing a paper for an English class it would be perfect. If I were writing an article for a paper or a magazine It would be perfect. However, when I am writing with my left hand because my right wrist is broken I just write. I do use plurals as so many young don't these days. :lol:

Uh, I just thought I would point out that you might wanna read the entire post because that's a quote he put up where somebody else was doing the spelling. Don't get your feathers ruffled by this comment, I'm not taking sides, I'm just pointing out what it is. That's all.

Freeze1st