This is the time to Call Dallas

atljbo1

Cowboys WR Miles Austin is expected to miss four to six weeks after spraining his right MCL in Dallas' second preseason game.

Austin probably won't be available until Week 3 at the earliest. This virtually locks Sam Hurd into the third receiver role behind Terrell Owens and Patrick Crayton. Converted QB Isaiah Stanback may see more action on offense early in the year

Trade Joe Horn

Dallas won't trade y'all anything for Horn. They'll sit back, wait for him to be cut, and then pick him up for cheap.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I'm hoping that we at least make the call and see if we can even finagle of seventh rounder out of them.

Direwolf

I don't know, Joe injured his hammy in warm ups at the game! Unless he was faking, but if you don't ask then you will never know, make the call see what you get. Maybe a 7th and some Texas Brisket to throw on the grill!

Faking it doesn't make much sense because it hurts his trade value and potential value as a free agent. No one wants a injured 36 year old receiver.

one year ago, horn gets signed, hes still got "3 good years" and now hes not worth anything... you guys are unreal.

I never said he still had "3 good years". I said last year when y'all got him that he wasn't worth anything then, save for possibly being a mentor to your young receivers.

If you're gonna put words in MY mouth, and least make them kinda intelligent. <_<

I never said he still had "3 good years". I said last year when y'all got him that he wasn't worth anything then, save for possibly being a mentor to your young receivers.

If you're gonna put words in MY mouth, and least make them kinda intelligent. <_<

Honestly, the mentor value was worth what we paid him last year. However, that was last year and he's being a pain now, so it's time to cut bait.

I don't think we'll get anything for him, but it can't hurt to do our due diligence and see if we can get a seventh.

Direwolf

Honestly, the mentor value was worth what we paid him last year. However, that was last year and he's being a pain now, so it's time to cut bait.

I don't think we'll get anything for him, but it can't hurt to do our due diligence and see if we can get a seventh.

Direwolf

I agree that Joe's on-the-field mentoring was invaluable to Roddy and Jenkins. I always liked the way he played and the heart that he USED to have.

But if'n I was y'all, I would be worried about the attitude he's likely to have shown those guys, too.

Direwolf

this is the truth.

Are there any such things as a conditional 7th? Kinda like what the Jets gave for favre? If Horn gets some decent playing time, we get this year's 7th. But if he doesn't, we get a future 7th? Something like that?

Dallas won't trade y'all anything for Horn. They'll sit back, wait for him to be cut, and then pick him up for cheap.

it just doesnt make much sense to cut him this year

he signed for 7.5 million gaurenteed last year. which means if we cut him now then we paid him 10 million for one year

whereas if we keep him this year and cut him next year then we got him for two years for less than 13 million. Joe Horn can still play, he just doesnt want to play for Falcons. But when ur hand is forced, sometimes u have to change ur mind like Chad Johnson.

Only reason I can see that we cut him is if we desperately need a roster spot for someone else enough to make Joe expendable.

So of course the best case scenario is we trade him, for ANYTHING.

But cutting Joe Horn is probably the last option.