JOEY SUCKS!

all you people who say hes gonna be our 3rd string starter over DJ, please he proved saturday that he is not worthy. he blew 2 scoring opportunities with great runs by turner 2 freakin times, and we only came out with 6 points. joey arm sucks, i think thats why the playcalling was like it was. run run run or checkdown, checkdown, checkdown. i dont even think joey would make it in the arena league right now.True, DJ didnt show much either, but at least he has the arm, and some of the passes he made were catchable but once again, another season where recievers are dropping catchable balls.

oh and by the way, to all you supports before the season of jammal anderson, now will you finally listen and realize that HE SUCKS also. hes never going to get better. kroy came in and had a better game then jammal did. even when jammal looked like he was going to get a sack, he either couldnt catch the QB or he fell down. when will yall realize that he is not going to be a mario williams type player or no where near it? dont be surprised if we draft michael johnson, defensive end from georgia tech next year to replace jammal or give his job to either chauncey or kroy. kroy to me is a younger version of patrick kerney. his motor runs like a v8 engine. jammal's engine runs like a 85 honda accord.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all you people who say hes gonna be our 3rd string starter over DJ, please he proved saturday that he is not worthy. he blew 2 scoring opportunities with great runs by turner 2 freakin times, and we only came out with 6 points. joey arm sucks, i think thats why the playcalling was like it was. run run run or checkdown, checkdown, checkdown. i dont even think joey would make it in the arena league right now.True, DJ didnt show much either, but at least he has the arm, and some of the passes he made were catchable but once again, another season where recievers are dropping catchable balls.

oh and by the way, to all you supports before the season of jammal anderson, now will you finally listen and realize that HE SUCKS also. hes never going to get better. kroy came in and had a better game then jammal did. even when jammal looked like he was going to get a sack, he either couldnt catch the QB or he fell down. when will yall realize that he is not going to be a mario williams type player or no where near it? dont be surprised if we draft michael johnson, defensive end from georgia tech next year to replace jammal or give his job to either chauncey or kroy. kroy to me is a younger version of patrick kerney. his motor runs like a v8 engine. jammal's engine runs like a 85 honda accord.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What are you expecting from this offense?

We're not going to be a offense that slings the ball down the field. We're going to be a run-first team.

This means the QB has to take care of the ball and not give it to the other team.

While I agree Joey is not an all pro-QB I don't think a guy with ZERO NFL regular season experience gives you the best chance to win with this offense.

When teams start gameplanning for US they will throw stuff at DJ he's NEVER seen before. Do you remember the crazy coverages that Vick faced every week?

What are you expecting from this offense?

We're not going to be a offense that slings the ball down the field. We're going to be a run-first team.

This means the QB has to take care of the ball and not give it to the other team.

While I agree Joey is not an all pro-QB I don't think a guy with ZERO NFL regular season experience gives you the best chance to win with this offense.

When teams start gameplanning for US they will throw stuff at DJ he's NEVER seen before. Do you remember the crazy coverages that Vick faced every week?

okay so you would rather take a interception from joey, then dj trying to scramble and make something out of nothing???joey is not going to run out that pocket, if anything, hes gonna try to force the ball to someone and get picked off.

If you're a third string quarterback it's more important to be accurate then have a strong arm. DJ may have the strongest arm on the team but he has massive issues with touch and accuracy that don't seem all that correctable. Turnovers kill teams and I look at DJ as a potential highlight reel player who will turnover the ball an awful lot.

DJ had another horrible performance - if he's not careful he's going to find himself on the PS or cut...he has been given a great opportunity - beat out a first round bust and a guy who was out of football 2 years ago.

great opportunity???u call starting from inside our 5-10 yard line a great opportunity? he got the ball to the recievers on some plays, but they didnt catch the ball, so dont blame DJ..but once again, same thing went for #7 also, but yall blamed him, so what else is new.

If you're a third string quarterback it's more important to be accurate then have a strong arm. DJ may have the strongest arm on the team but he has massive issues with touch and accuracy that don't seem all that correctable. Turnovers kill teams and I look at DJ as a potential highlight reel player who will turnover the ball an awful lot.

you are right, he does have trouble with putting some touch on the ball and is inaccurate. but these things can be fixed. hes only been in the league a couple of years compared to joey who has been in the league for a while, but still hasnt lived up to his draft status.

okay so you would rather take a interception from joey, then dj trying to scramble and make something out of nothing???joey is not going to run out that pocket, if anything, hes gonna try to force the ball to someone and get picked off.

Actually, from what I've seen Joey is the least likely throw a pick. He'll check it down. If the game is close and the running game is working then his game is fine.

If we have to throw the ball then all bets are off and that goes for every QB.

DJ does give you mobility. This is why I mentioned the "Vick coverages." If DJ's mobility became an issue other teams will gameplan and try to take it away.... just like they did with Vick.

He had the highest QB rating in the game. Every quarterback threw interceptions but Joey. He's not gods gift to football but I think he showed well!

It's hard to throw INT's when all you're doing is handing the ball to the running backs.

Joey - 1/2 = 50%

Ryan - 8/16 = 50%

QB ratings were skewed from Sat.'s game. I could have given the ball to Turner and watched him do all the work. Inside the 20 - Joey wouldn't throw.........or was it that Mularkey wouldn't let him throw??

Redman got screwed on that missed catch by Douglas that bounced into the defender's hands. He had drive going.

Shockley hasn't shown up in either game. As yet - he's #4, unless he brings it in the next 2 games.

Redman

Ryan

Harrington

It's hard to throw INT's when all you're doing is handing the ball to the running backs.

Joey - 1/2 = 50%

Ryan - 8/16 = 50%

QB ratings were skewed from Sat.'s game. I could have given the ball to Turner and watched him do all the work. Inside the 20 - Joey wouldn't throw.........or was it that Mularkey wouldn't let him throw??

Redman got screwed on that missed catch by Douglas that bounced into the defender's hands. He had drive going.

Shockley hasn't shown up in either game. As yet - he's #4, unless he brings it in the next 2 games.

Redman

Ryan

Harrington

what has harrington showed u that makes him #3 on your list?

I disagree with you about 2 different things.....1) You can not hold Harrington responsible for the line & runningbacks not being able to pound the ball. The coaching staff was obviously wanting to see the Running game in a short yardage situation.....Atlanta's offensive line & running backs failed....This had nothing to do with Harrington. Harrington completed passes to put us in a short yardage situation.

2) I don't think DJ performed as bad as some are making him out. His passes were on target. WR's were dropping passes and that is what caused DJ's interception.

You can't hold the QB's responsible for bad play of others.

what has harrington showed u that makes him #3 on your list?

As bad as he is - and he is really bad - he does have game experience. During this season the Falcons are about to get into, IF the need for the #3 QB to enter the game arises - you want someone who's been there before. For all the kudos Shockley has gotten on this board, when I saw him at TC he was wild with his passes. In the first 2 PS games, he has no touch on his passes. He's got a long way to go. ATL needs to focus on grooming Ryan, and doesn't need another project at QB. JMO -_-

But you can hold Joey for checking down. Again I want to ask if last year meant anything to anyone. IF Petrino, a worthless scumbag, didn't think Joey was good enough, then what makes you think that Joey is what you all are saying.

I'm not a DJ fan. FOR ALL I CARE GET RID OF BOTH OF THEM.

Grab a free agent or something, I don't care.

I want Ryan and Redman to stay because they showed that they aren't afraid of passing the ball down the field.

Whoever said we are run first offense was right, but we are also a play action offense. Watch us take shots down the field. With Joey it's not going to happen.

How many passes did joey have friday 3????????? Your kidding yourself to think joey does anything in the game besides stand there and hand the ball off. There is no way that joey is going to start over redman. His hanging on by the skin of his teeth for the 3rd spot and that all could change friday.

I disagree with you about 2 different things.....1) You can not hold Harrington responsible for the line & runningbacks not being able to pound the ball. The coaching staff was obviously wanting to see the Running game in a short yardage situation.....Atlanta's offensive line & running backs failed....This had nothing to do with Harrington. Harrington completed passes to put us in a short yardage situation.

2) I don't think DJ performed as bad as some are making him out. His passes were on target. WR's were dropping passes and that is what caused DJ's interception.

You can't hold the QB's responsible for bad play of others.

so who was at fault for us not getting 14 points instead of 6??was it the mularkeys fault for not wanting to throw the ball, or the line and backs fault for not blocking and running the ball? and why cant i hold the QB responsible for bad play of others? the past 6 years, everyone has put all the fault on #7? so whats the difference now.

Hoey Harrigton, threw the slowest ball i have seen with my own eyes. I was at the game, the play after M.TURNER broke off the big running play the second time, they did a pass play on the next play. Roddy White looked like he did a post corner and was so open, but Hoey threw the ball as hard as he could, which the ball was going 3mph and almost got picked off. The people around me in my section where like "What the ****" and we all booed Hoey not the Falcons just Hoey, I love my section!!