To: UGA homers

fuzzybee22

So, the AUC puts up a poll on who should start in the Falcons regular season opener, and despite the fact that they list the QB stats and

Shockley has a 5.6 QB rating, he actually comes in a close second in the poll.

I would just like to say that despite the fact that I am a GT fan, I root for any UGA player who plays for the Falcons, and I would want Shockley to be our QB if I felt he was our best option, but this is getting ridiculous. Thank God that our coach is not an idiot UGA homer.

Side note: Shockley majored in Speech Communications as a "student"-athlete at UGA. Let me clarify that for some of you. Shockley majored in Talking at UGA. He originally intended to double-major in Walking and in Chewing Gum, but he couldn't pull it off concurrently, and he isn't going to pull off being a starting QB in the NFL. So, get over it. Just be glad that the "university" in Athens has likely produced another fine PE teacher. Hope he doesn't screw that up too.

Who else should we start Mr Fuzzy Bee? How about Joe Hamilton after we get him out of jail and the drunk tank? Or perhaps Reggie Ball - now there is a QB.

Shockley has yet to work with the number 1 offense, and I see more upside in him than Joey - I don't say start him, but he should be the number 3 QB, and mybe the number 2 - and until Ryan is ready, just maybe he should play.

So, the AUC puts up a poll on who should start in the Falcons regular season opener, and despite the fact that they list the QB stats and

Shockley has a 5.6 QB rating, he actually comes in a close second in the poll.

I would just like to say that despite the fact that I am a GT fan, I root for any UGA player who plays for the Falcons, and I would want Shockley to be our QB if I felt he was our best option, but this is getting ridiculous. Thank God that our coach is not an idiot UGA homer.

Side note: Shockley majored in Speech Communications as a "student"-athlete at UGA. Let me clarify that for some of you. Shockley majored in Talking at UGA. He originally intended to double-major in Walking and in Chewing Gum, but he couldn't pull it off concurrently, and he isn't going to pull off being a starting QB in the NFL. So, get over it. Just be glad that the "university" in Athens has likely produced another fine PE teacher. Hope he doesn't screw that up too.

You sound nervous. No one is calling for Shockley to start...We just want to see him make the team as the 2nd or 3rd best option at QB.

Yeah, I had to laugh at that poll myself.

At least Matt has finally passed Shockley. :D

Which QB should start the Falcons' season opener in three weeks?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Redman 18.73% 765

Joey Harrington 13.03% 532

D.J. Shockley 29.09% 1188

Matt Ryan 39.15% 1599

Shock...in second place? Ridiculous.

There are alot of people in denial...or want to settle for Vick Lite.

Our QB situation for this season is not very good. The fact is in 2 games Ryan has looked the best, except for one throw. Redman & Harrington haven't done anything to impress with their opportunites. I hear all this garbage about Shockley being cut. C'mon, Redman? He has started 4 games in the last 4 years. Joey? Uh....nevermind.... Until DJ gets to throw to receivers who can catch, I am withholding judgement on who should be cut.