Cuts to get to 53!

Deacon 13

Offense: A.Jennings, E.Weems, N.Kinoshita, M.Butterworth, D.Batiste, J.Horn(possible trade), K.Forney, K.Zinger, G.Cooper

Defense: K.Moorehead, T.Anderson, I.Brown, M.Pimentel, G.Sharpe

Practice Squad: (8-10??) W.Evans, B.Miller, W.Fontenot, E.Brock. C.Williams, A.Harris, D.Datish, D.J.Shockley, Q.Ojinakka, J.Snelling

That's 24. Brings the roster to 56. Who are the other 3? Maybe T.Weiner, B.Finneran, M.Milner????? Possibly D.Cooper or D.Stone?????

It's hard to tell about the last couple of guys. One thing I have noticed is that W.Evans is getting alot of playing time at DE. That is a good thing for him.......I think :huh:

Offense: A.Jennings, E.Weems, N.Kinoshita, M.Butterworth, D.Batiste, J.Horn(possible trade), K.Forney, K.Zinger, G.Cooper

Practice Squad: (8-10??) W.Evans, B.Miller, W.Fontenot, E.Brock. C.Williams, A.Harris, D.Datish, D.J.Shockley, Q.Ojinakka, J.Snelling

That's 24. Brings the roster to 56. Who are the other 3? Maybe T.Weiner, B.Finneran, M.Milner????? Possibly D.Cooper or D.Stone?????

It's hard to tell about the last couple of guys. One thing I have noticed is that W.Evans is getting alot of playing time at DE. That is a good thing for him.......I think :huh:

I agree with pretty much everyone on your list except for Moorehead. Watching the game against Colts when Moorehead got in he was getting some good pressure on the QB. The same goes for Evans because I think he is big enough to play consistently at LE and good enough to get pressure to allow Jamal to move inside on certain downs.

Also think Butterworth should get a PS spot only because I like his size and add Sharpe because I think he has shown some decent potential. A couple of other guys I would think get cut are B. Wilkerson, S. Fraser, M. Stanley, T. Pennington and W. Chandler.

Two down

bye bye jennings ;)

Here's my final 53:

QB: Ryan, Redman, Harrington

HB: Turner, Norwood, Brown, Snelling

FB: Mughelli, McIntyre

WR: White, Robinson, Douglas, Jenkins, Finneran

TE: Hartsock, Rader, Milner

LT: Baker, Ojinnaka

LG: Blalock

C: McClure, Steponovich

RG: Dahl, Forney

RT: Weiner, Clabo

LE: Anderson, Davis

UT: Babineaux, Moorehead

NT: Grady Jackson, Moore

RE: Abraham, Biermann

SLB: Boley, Nicholas

MLB: Lofton, Taylor

WLB: Brooking, Wire

CB: Grimes, Houston, Chevis Jackson, Irons, Adams

FS: Coleman, DeCoud

SS: Milloy, Cooper, Stone

K: Elam

P: Koenan

LS: Schenk (sp?)

When Trey Lewis comes off PUP week 6 i would see Snelling moved to PS to make room

Atricle XXXIV of the CBA covers practice squads, including eligibility. If you are considering who goes on the practice squad, you might want to review this section.

Section 4 Eligibility:

(a) The practice squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a practice squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 52 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.

(b ) A player shall be deemed to have served on a Practice Squad in a season if he has passed the club's physical and been a member of the club's Practice Squad for at least three regular season or postseason games during his first two Practice Squad seasons, and for at least one regular season or postseason game during his third Practice Squad season. (A bye week counts as a game provided that the player is not terminated until after the regular season or postseason weekend in question.)

Ojinnaka is in his 3rd season, he is not eligible.

Snelling & DJ both are in their 2nd credited season. That means they are not eligible for the practice squad based on the bolded part of the rule above from the way I understand the rule. If you think it can be interpreted another way, please explain to me.

Article XVIII deals with accrued seasons, so by this article, it shows DJ & Snelling both have an accrued season & are not eligible for the practice squad:

Section 1, Accrued Seasons Calculation:

(a) For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games, but which, irrespective of the player's pay status, shall not include games for which the player was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a result of a non-football injury, or (iii) a Club's Practice or Development Squad.

Hope this helps trying to figure out who we should put on the P/S.

Atricle XXXIV of the CBA covers practice squads, including eligibility. If you are considering who goes on the practice squad, you might want to review this section.

Ojinnaka is in his 3rd season, he is not eligible.

Snelling & DJ both are in their 2nd credited season. That means they are not eligible for the practice squad based on the bolded part of the rule above from the way I understand the rule. If you think it can be interpreted another way, please explain to me.

Article XVIII deals with accrued seasons, so by this article, it shows DJ & Snelling both have an accrued season & are not eligible for the practice squad:

Hope this helps trying to figure out who we should put on the P/S.

Clear as mud. ;) But seriously, I would say then Ojinnaka is waived/injured, DJ is waived and Snelling is kept(just not sure how).