All board members pray for me and wish me luck

Jedi-Falcon

I live in St. Petersburg, Florida, right in the middle of Tampa Bay. Currently, most of the spaghetti-models are predicting a track directly into the front door of my apartment. It looks like it could just be a category-1 hurricane but none-the-less this will be the first actual hurricane I get to experience that hits me dead-on.

If you don't see me post here for a few days this week, if this thing does hit like the forecasters are predicting it will, then you will know why.

Personally, I think there is some universal force trying to prevent me from representing the Falcons in Bucs territory, but it will take a lot more than blowing my apartment to pieces to keep me from doing that. :)

Anyway, wish me luck. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

I live in St. Petersburg, Florida, right in the middle of Tampa Bay. Currently, most of the spaghetti-models are predicting a track directly into the front door of my apartment. It looks like it could just be a category-1 hurricane but none-the-less this will be the first actual hurricane I get to experience that hits me dead-on.

If you don't see me post here for a few days this week, if this thing does hit like the forecasters are predicting it will, then you will know why.

Personally, I think there is some universal force trying to prevent me from representing the Falcons in Bucs territory, but it will take a lot more than blowing my apartment to pieces to keep me from doing that. :)

May the force be with you, hope it stays off the coast and fizzles out.

Good Luck Jedi hope everything goes well, but if you're in your apartment while it's being blown to pieces then your chances of representing us in Bucs territory are slim. :(

But I know you will make it through.

Invest in plywood.

I'm a bit jealous, I have heard of some hurricane parties (U of Miami people) that I wish I was at. Shut inside with some booze, waiting out the storm.

But good luck man

Hurricane parties down here are legendary. I'm not leaving, so I'm just going to stock up on beer and ride the wind!

Your worried about a cat 1 Hurricane?

Wow... I've been through direct hits with Erin, Opal, Ivan, Dennis, and some others that weren't that bad (Cat 1-2). If you've ever been through a bad storm, that is what a cat1 is, but it's for 6-8 hours instead of a few minutes or so. Just prepare for 2-3 days without power and you'll be good, but since your in the city, you'll probably get power back within 24 hours.

Your worried about a cat 1 Hurricane?

Wow... I've been through direct hits with Erin, Opal, Ivan, Dennis, and some others that weren't that bad (Cat 1-2). If you've ever been through a bad storm, that is what a cat1 is, but it's for 6-8 hours instead of a few minutes or so. Just prepare for 2-3 days without power and you'll be good, but since your in the city, you'll probably get power back within 24 hours.

Well it's my first direct hit. SO yea, I'm a little anxious.

Ah, you newbies ;)

Just goto a Hurricane preparedness website and follow the lists that they have.

Keep your gas tanks full. That is most important. Honestly, that's THE worst part is getting gas. After a storm, there is a mad rush of people getting gas and the stations run out fast, then finally a station gets gas and you sit for 2 hours to fill your tank or gas jugs. It's just part of the process.

Oh, and pay attention to the birds and animals. That may sound weird, but you will notice today that there are animals outside. The day before the hit, you won't even see a bird. It's the "calm before the storm". I think it's a very peaceful time honestly, it's just beautiful before a cat 4 hits ;)

Lol... I'm in Clearwater :D

I guess I'll see you week 2?