Kroy Biermann is the next Jared Allen imo

ProtoType

dumervil is a de. Kroy is listed as 6'3" 242, and another small pass rusher is Freeney who is 6'1" 268. he is one of the best small pass rushers, so Kroy needs to gain at least 15-20 pounds

I like to hear that. Indy doesn't care about players size, they just pick guys who can play. Bob Sanders was supposed to be undersized, and he is one of the best safeties in the game. No question Biermann bulking up would be great for him and the team.

Wow, Freeney is 6 ft 1, 270. Didn't know that. He was a first rounder out of Syracuse, but we could call Biermann our poor mans version of Freeney (who was the top paid DE last year, not sure after the Allen signing). I like it, the small speed rusher.

Allen has like 4 inches and 25 pounds on him. Kerney has about the same on Biermann.

He looks good, but his knock has been he is undersized.

Anyone know of some productive undersized defensive ends?

Robert Mathis of the Colts. Out of McNair High School in ATL...undersized, 5th round draft pick in 2003 and from a small school as well (Alabama A&M)...situational pass rusher...sack machine across from Dwight Freeney...

ahhh and the new sunshine has been crowned

The difference is Kroy has a much better chance of making the team than Sunshine. Our DE depth isn't as good as our Wr depth was when sunshine was around. So Kroy will prob. make it as 2nd string De just by showing up and trying. Him being productive is just a huge bonus.

I like to hear that. Indy doesn't care about players size, they just pick guys who can play. Bob Sanders was supposed to be undersized, and he is one of the best safeties in the game. No question Biermann bulking up would be great for him and the team.

Wow, Freeney is 6 ft 1, 270. Didn't know that. He was a first rounder out of Syracuse, but we could call Biermann our poor mans version of Freeney (who was the top paid DE last year, not sure after the Allen signing). I like it, the small speed rusher.

I think Freeney also ran a 4.3 or very close at the combine.

His quickness and speed are a HUGE part of his game.

Robert Mathis of the Colts. Out of McNair High School in ATL...undersized, 5th round draft pick in 2003 and from a small school as well (Alabama A&M)...situational pass rusher...sack machine across from Dwight Freeney...

Yeah - although Mathis is a pretty good player in his own right, he really shines when Freeney is on the other side. Now that they've got the rest of their D better set up to stop the run, the DE's can focus more on making plays and being disruptive rather than playing their lanes and staying in position...

Comparing him to Jared Allen is a bit of a reach - Allen is a fantastic two way defender and all Kroy has done is show some ability in pre season against 2nd stringers. That's not a criticism, just reality.

Still, considering where he was picked and the training camps reports of him I'd have to agree with the guy who said he'll turn out to be a good situational rusher, and I like the idea of moving Jamaal inside and creating something akin to our own 4 ace's package like the Giants on obvious passing situations. His speed should alleivate some of the pressure on Abe which can only be a good thing.

Lets just not over react on the back of a couple of pre season games.

I think Kroy will certainly make an impact in the NFL sooner or later...His best highlight from college maybe in a game last year against Montana bobcats...where he comes out of no where to run down a wide reciever from behind...being a chiefs fan and also someone whos followed Kroy's career...I like the JA comparison..though probably a bit early to give him that lofty of an accolade. Its nice to see that most of you are happy with his effort and production so far. I know that he and Lofton are fast becoming good friends over the last couple of months. Hes a great kid and will never let you down off the field, very grounded and mature.