So after 2 preseason games, do you think we will win week 1 or lose?

bigbirdfanDC

How do we start the season?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Win or Lose

• 1-0
    • 0-1

I think we have a shot since it's at home, neither team will know much about each others offensive designs because there won't be a lot of tape but I think the Dome field advantage could give the Defense enough to rally them to stop the Lions. Hopefully we'll run all over them.

This should be one of the easier games on the schedule,As far as I can tell the Lions suck.I am thinking they(Falcons)should win.

I think we have a shot since it's at home, neither team will know much about each others offensive designs because there won't be a lot of tape but I think the Dome field advantage could give the Defense enough to rally them to stop the Lions. Hopefully we'll run all over them.

I hope there is one, I'm curious to see if we sell out this game. I'll be taking pictures of the Dome and AFMB crew. I know our best chance to win will be with a veteran at QB, namely Redman.

it will be kind of tough. calvin johnson is 6'5 and roy williams is 6'3. grimes will be able to cover them, but if kitna hangs it up there we may have some problems. grimes can jump but uh....yea...

its too early for me to say for sure though because we dont know who our starting qb will be. injuries will also play a big factor.

I'm worried about CJ. He has been an absolute monster in the preseason. I know Grimes is good in coverage but 5'9'' v. 6'5'' doesn't work out to his advantage very much. If we don't get any pressure on Kitna we're screwed. If Abe can consistently get in the backfield we have a better chance. Also Mughelli needs to lay the wood on Ernie Sims early on.

I'm worried about CJ. He has been an absolute monster in the preseason. I know Grimes is good in coverage but 5'9'' v. 6'5'' doesn't work out to his advantage very much. If we don't get any pressure on Kitna we're screwed. If Abe can consistently get in the backfield we have a better chance. Also Mughelli needs to lay the wood on Ernie Sims early on.

I agree that pass rushing is a major concern.

Overall I think it's a winnable game, but it will (once again) come down to converting 3rd and shorts, being able to man up in the trenches and just try to dominate the opposing d-line in the red zone...

Realistically we should be able to run on them. The right side of our line atm looks very handy in the running department, so with Ovie leading the way you'd hope that barring injury Turner would be able to wear the Lions defence down and allow Norwood to capitalise in the 2nd half. If we can do this and win the TOP battle then we're half way there.

The problem is the Lions will be able to throw on us. Our pass rush is a question mark and I have concerns about our run defences ability to keep the Lions in 3rd and long situations, so that we can put a bit of pressure on Kitna. I'm sorry to say but if he gets time, and I fear he might, then Williams, Johnson and co will have a field day because its a massive mismatch. The best in this case we can hope for is to limit the Lions to field goals and capitalise on any turnover opportunity (which Kitna is always likely to provide)

I think we have a good shot at winning but it will probably be a few games into the season before we're gelled enough to play up to our potential.

I think it's all going to boil down to who starts at QB for the Falcons.

If Redman starts, it's probably an even chance that y'all can win. If Joey starts, I really believe you'll get your first L.

I'll hold my predictions on the outcome if Ryan starts until AFTER he and the first string O-line show how they play together in this weekends game.