Jedi-Falcon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, Mckay! <_<

Don't quit on Jamaal yet Jedi.......Granted, he looks really bad right now, but if there is any potential in this kid Ray Hamilton will get it out of him.

Roddy was a McKay draft pick too wasn't he? See how that works?

Dont start the pomp and circumstance just yet for the new coach or GM, we can pull threads from this same date last year where people are so happy the Mora era is over, the Knapp era is over...blah blah blah. Give it time please..dang.

Don't quit on Jamaal yet Jedi.......Granted, he looks really bad right now, but if there is any potential in this kid Ray Hamilton will get it out of him.

Look, I understand when I see bad players that have a lot of future potential that they need work. But you do NOT draft those players at #8! You draft them in the 5th or 6th Round. And even worse, I see no upside to Anderson, nothing that signals potential to be at least a "good" DE.

Great job, Mckay! <_<

And getting him, the biggest blunder of all. letting Patrick Kerney go. They should have franchised his azz. I really hate petrino now. If kerney was here with Abe and Grady we would have the best front 4. Now we got 2. wheeeee. :( Mckay should have been fired for that blunder and kerney wanted to stay here. ;)

Look, I understand when I see bad players that have a lot of future potential that they need work. But you do NOT draft those players at #8! You draft them in the 5th or 6th Round. And even worse, I see no upside to Anderson, nothing that signals potential to be at least a "good" DE.

Well, I haven't seen it yet either.....but something's telling me the whole story hasn't been written with this kid yet.....

and I totally agree about the laziness and slack attitude of McKay not bringing Jamaal in for a workout prior to the draft. It's good to finally have a GM who has a scouting and solid talent evaluator background.......

I can't believe some people were comparing Anderson to a young Reggie White.

Whoever said that should be slapped every hour on the hour for the rest of their life.

[quote name='Striker42' date='Aug 17 2008, 09:03 PM' post='3848776']

I can't believe some people were comparing Anderson to a young Reggie White.

Maybe they meant "Barry" White! :lol::lol:

That's not fair either....I read somewhere that Barry had some moves.......

Whoever said that should be slapped every hour on the hour for the rest of their life.

Jamaal Anderson:

"Being in this game you have to be well balanced. A balanced defensive end is really hard to find. That's what they really wanted me to come in here and be -- the next Michael Strahan, the next Reggie White. I just have to live up to those expectations, try to finish the season well and try to have a great offseason and know what I have to prepare for."

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Article..._pass_rush.aspx

McKay never was very good in the first round. However, he managed to get some good picks. I'm not crazy about this last draft, so I've been looking at some of the better picks of McKay. And we have to give Anderson more than 1 year, he was really always a project.

Blalock, Houston, Robinson, Lewis, Irons, Stone and Snelling look pretty good though.

Lets be fair, all the players we wanted at the time were gone. In hindsight I would have taken PWillie though.

Speak for yourself. There were players out there I wanted. I wanted Okoye and he would have filled a huge hole. I yelled at the TV when we picked Anderson. Willis would have been an excellent pick as well but on draft day I wanted Okoye.

Lets be fair, all the players we wanted at the time were gone. In hindsight I would have taken PWillie though.

To be fair in the same way, Washington was really trying to trade out of 6. Landry or AP were solid picks. Amobie and Willis would have been great. I'll give Anderson more time though, DE is a hard position to be impactful in the first year or two. Mario Williams sucked his first year. If he doesn't get like 6 sacks this year, I'll change that.

To be fair in the same way, Washington was really trying to trade out of 6. Landry or AP were solid picks. Amobie and Willis would have been great. I'll give Anderson more time though, DE is a hard position to be impactful in the first year or two. Mario Williams sucked his first year. If he doesn't get like 6 sacks this year, I'll change that.

Mario Williams is a physical freak though. Look at a picture of Anderson and look at one of Williams. You will see the difference. Williams has athleticism that Anderson only dreams of.

Mario Williams is a physical freak though. Look at a picture of Anderson and look at one of Williams. You will see the difference. Williams has athleticism that Anderson only dreams of.

Yeah, but Williams was labeled bust after his first year, then gets 16 (ish) sacks, after like 4 the previous year. I'm saying it took the physical freak, number 1 overall, a year to show his talent. I would hope Anderson gets 2, but he does need to show some potential.

(And I AM NOT arguing that Anderson is as good as or better than Williams)