Receiver Percy Harvin is not a team leader; Does it matter to UF's success?.

SacFalcFan

I'm beginning to think the SEC East Crown is going to come down to the UT/UGA game again. There are a lot of bad things going on at Florida.

What are all these bad things you allude to? Im just curious what you know the rest of us dont.

As for the Goodman he might want to at least get some of his facts straight. First off Fayson started the fight with Percy and it was one of the reasons he transfered. He hit on Percy's girlfriend and then went after Perct when he was confronted about it. Second, Urban choses the players that talk at media day so how is it Percy is avoiding the medias guestions? Practices are closed o no media can talk to the players except on the each Monday at media day. Third and maybe most important is that Rainey came out today on two different sites and said that Goodman did not acuratlly qoute him at all. Rainey isnt the biggest Goodman fan anyway since he is the one that started the whole mess about him recieving gifts while at Lakeland HS.

What are all these bad things you allude to? Im just curious what you know the rest of us dont.

All the injuries, Meyer being PO'd about how lackadaisical the practices have been (thus "closing" them off), bad team chemistry.

You already knew those things, so why are you being a smartass about it?

All the injuries, Meyer being PO'd about how lackadaisical the practices have been (thus "closing" them off), bad team chemistry.

You already knew those things, so why are you being a smartass about it?

Actually there my friend Meyer has said one practice was bad and that was the one the day CI's injury came down. He closed of practice 2 days early but if you knew anything about it you would know that after the first week of practice they are closed until the season starts every year. He closed those 2 due to all the hype around the CI injury. Every qoute since then about practice is that he has been very, very pleased and that the defense looks better at this point than it did in any practice last year. Also the bad team chemistry comment is just laughable. Two guys have a fight on the sidelines means the whole team has poor chemistry. I dont defend Percy's actions and havent since I heard about this last week but one guy whos not practicing right now does not a team make. But obviously since you think Im being a smartass you must know more about things down there than I do.

He closed those 2 due to all the hype around the CI injury.

You have got to be joking. Are you that naive?

Yes he closed two practices because of the "hype" around the CI injury. What?? Why would a coach close a practice because of the "hype" of a player's injury? Maybe if Tebow got injured, but not the starting TE. That is BS. He closed it because the players were messing around and he was mad. Trying to keep it as far away from the media as possible. Of course, it inevitably leaked that he was angry at the team.

Every qoute since then about practice is that he has been very, very pleased and that the defense looks better at this point than it did in any practice last year. So obviously since you think Im being a smartass you must know more about things down there than I do.

I don't know more than you. You have apparently just decided to be ignorant.

I find it amazing you have too much pride to admit that with 5 torn ACL's along with other injuries, bad practices, and rumors of bad team chemistry that this offseason has not gone great for Florida.

Whatever.

You have got to be joking. Are you that naive?

Yes he closed two practices because of the "hype" around the CI injury. What?? Why would a coach ever close a practice because of the "hype" of a player's injury. That is BS. He closed it because the players were messing around and he was mad.

I don't know more than you. You have apparently just decided to be ignorant.

I find it amazing you have too much pride to admit that with 5 torn ACL's, bad practices, and rumors of bad team chemistry that this offseason has not gone great for Florida.

Whatever.

Where are you getting the rumors about the bad team chemistry? Because of Percy? Yeah one guy makes the whole teams chemistry. Again I would also like you to find me a qoute or an article other than Wed. the 6th about bad or lazy practices. The 5 ACL's arent great but only 2 were to players who were going to play this year so I dont sweat that. Sorry injuries happen. I was there in '96 and saw 6 guys go down with season ending injuries before the season started and we won the NC. Other than the injuries that are very easy to prove since there is actual factual evidence of I just really want to know where you get all these "rumors" from. Just wondering how you can know when no information is available when the practices are completely closed off and the only info available is from the one coach that speaks to the media everyday.

Where are you getting the rumors about the bad team chemistry? Because of Percy? Yeah one guy makes the whole teams chemistry. Again I would also like you to find me a qoute or an article other than Wed. the 6th about bad or lazy practices. The 5 ACL's arent great but only 2 were to players who were going to play this year so I dont sweat that. Sorry injuries happen. I was there in '96 and saw 6 guys go down with season ending injuries before the season started and we won the NC. Other than the injuries that are very easy to prove since there is actual factual evidence of I just really want to know where you get all these "rumors" from. Just wondering how you can know when no information is available when the practices are completely closed off and the only info available is from the one coach that speaks to the media everyday.

People.

No. I have heard those things from other people. I didn't just make it up.

From what people? Coaches? No one else is allowed in or near practice so how would any of these people know? I can at least say that Ive spoken to coaches a few times in the last week and heard what they've said when I make these statements.

From what people? Coaches? No one else is allowed in or near practice so how would any of these people know? I can at least say that Ive spoken to coaches a few times in the last week and heard what they've said when I make these statements.

I have not spoken to ANY Florida coaches.

Did Harvin "Steve Smith" a teammate? HE's a super talented guy but Florida has super talented guys all over the place. Do any of the Gator fans have concerns that Harvin may turn out to be a bit too much of a me first guy? If that 's the case do the Gator fans believe that Urban will have the will power to actually lay the smack down on Percy? I'm not implying, I'm inquiring.

As for the Goodman he might want to at least get some of his facts straight. First off Fayson started the fight with Percy and it was one of the reasons he transfered. He hit on Percy's girlfriend and then went after Perct when he was confronted about it. Second, Urban choses the players that talk at media day so how is it Percy is avoiding the medias guestions? Practices are closed o no media can talk to the players except on the each Monday at media day. Third and maybe most important is that Rainey came out today on two different sites and said that Goodman did not acuratlly qoute him at all. Rainey isnt the biggest Goodman fan anyway since he is the one that started the whole mess about him recieving gifts while at Lakeland HS.

jgator,

Hey man harvin was a problem before he came to uf. I believed maybe he had changed (matured) , but it's not good regardless of the circumstances especially due to history of harvin for him to get into not 1, but 2 fights with a fellow offensive players. I think when one of your superstars does that it will affect your team. How much will it affect them is up for debate, but it's not a good sign for that to happen to any team. it's just my opinion, but i think where there is smoke here there is fire man, but I will defer to you if you disagree with me. You know more about your team than I do.

Fact of the matter is Percy is who he is. He was that way when he got there and played a giant role in us winning a NC already. Ive never once in talking to players heard Percy is a me first guy as hes never demanded the ball or said he was some great superstar. He already did the team a great service by telling Urban straight out after last season that he would be going pro so that recruiting arangements could be made. Ive already adressed the first fight he had with Fayson and that was not Percy's fault whatsoever and even led Urban to telling Fayson that he needed to move on because his attitude was terrible and every player on the team echoed that. As for the Rainey fight while theres no excuse I also know that Chris said that Percy is very frustrated that hes not further along in his recovery and that he was giving a ribbing that day and it got out of hand. I also no that Ive talked to people that have seen Chris and ercy together on campus since that fight and they were getting along just fine.

Fact of the matter is Percy is who he is. He was that way when he got there and played a giant role in us winning a NC already. Ive never once in talking to players heard Percy is a me first guy as hes never demanded the ball or said he was some great superstar. He already did the team a great service by telling Urban straight out after last season that he would be going pro so that recruiting arangements could be made. Ive already adressed the first fight he had with Fayson and that was not Percy's fault whatsoever and even led Urban to telling Fayson that he needed to move on because his attitude was terrible and every player on the team echoed that. As for the Rainey fight while theres no excuse I also know that Chris said that Percy is very frustrated that hes not further along in his recovery and that he was giving a ribbing that day and it got out of hand. I also no that Ive talked to people that have seen Chris and ercy together on campus since that fight and they were getting along just fine.

okay thanks for the info.

Sounds like media spinning something to make it bigger than it is. First of all, teammates fight and don't get along all the time. I'm not sure what the circumstances are surrounding the two incidents so I can't really jump to the conclusion that it's his fault or that he's a cancer. Him not being a leader? *shrugs Once again, not sure how accurate that is b/c fans and media always seem to think they're in the locker room or can get a read on things b/c of their perception...which could be totally different from reality. Even if he's not, I'm sure they have enough leaders on the team.