final 53 will be tough to get to

innovativefx

I was looking at the roster... we will have some hard cuts this year. While we may not be a great team yet - we have a ton of players with true potential. I would hate to be the one to have to make these decisions this year.

I tried to figure out a good answer - here is my guess. (btw - if you are one that gets mad about seeing people guess final roster - just go read another post) :)

LDE 98 // J Anderson 75 // S Fraser

DT 95 // J Babineaux 94 // K Moorehead

DT 91 // G Jackson 90 // R Moore

RDE 55 // J Abraham 92 // C Davis 71 // K Biermann

OLB 59 // M Boley 54 // S Nicholas

MLB 50 // C Lofton 53 // T Taylor

OLB 56 // K Brooking 52 // C Wire

LCB 20 // B Grimes 22 // C Jackson

RCB 23 // C Houston 24 // B Adams

SS 36 // L Milloy 35 // D Cooper

FS 26 // E Coleman 28 // T DeCoud 41 // A Harris

WR-X 84 // R White 83 // H Douglas

LT 72 // S Baker 76 // Q Ojinnaka

LG 63 // J Blalock 67 // B Wilkerson

C 62 // T McClure 69 // A Stepanovich

RG 73 // H Dahl 65 // K Forney

RT 77 // T Clabo 74 // T Weiner

TE 89 // B Hartsock 85 // J Rader 88 // M Milner

WR-Z 19 // L Robinson 12 // M Jenkins 86 // B Finneran

QB 2 // M Ryan 8 // C Redman 13 // J Harrington

RB 33 // M Turner 32 // J Norwood 27 // T Brown

FB 34 // O Mughelli 44 // J Snelling

PK 1 // J Elam

P 9 // M Koenen

KOR 32 // J Norwood 27 // T Brown

PR 83 // H Douglas

LS 46 // M Schneck

defense - 24

offense - 26

special teams - 3

if we are basing it on play, there is NO way Harris gets the nod over Stone for 5th safety. Stone looks like starting material IMO.

The only other thing i will add is this. If Forney doesnt win the starting job he will be cut. He is a 3M+ cap hit this year, which is much for a backup. Then again, if we dont need the cap room, he is good insurance.....but then again, so is Step.

does anyone else think it might be better to just keep 2 QB's and allow us to keep some other positional players? your killing the 2007 draft here. I would rather keep guys like Stone, Fontenot, etc over guys like a 3rd TE Rader, or having a 3rd string QB.

During the reg season, we will probably only have 2 on the gameday roster.

During the reg season, we will probably only have 2 on the gameday roster.

yea so why not just carry 2 on the roster in general. if it comes to the point where we need to go to a 3rd guy (most likely due to injury...why else would we) then we can look for some fodder on the market. I'd rather give Culpepper a chance than shockley or harrington. besides a lot of other training camp arms will DEFINITELY be hitting the market once preseason is over with. its not like there wont be options.

then again i see the only reason to actually carry 3 QB's is so that you have an extra arm in practices...but idk, i'd rather give that spot to someone else.

yea so why not just carry 2 on the roster in general. if it comes to the point where we need to go to a 3rd guy (most likely due to injury...why else would we) then we can look for some fodder on the market. I'd rather give Culpepper a chance than shockley or harrington. besides a lot of other training camp arms will DEFINITELY be hitting the market once preseason is over with. its not like there wont be options.

then again i see the only reason to actually carry 3 QB's is so that you have an extra arm in practices...but idk, i'd rather give that spot to someone else.

I'm with you on this one, it would be nice to have some extra players for other positions.

I'm with you on this one, it would be nice to have some extra players for other positions.

yup especially at the positions where we will have to rotate players often: i.e. the defensive line.

there are positions where u just dont rotate players at all like QB so whats the real need for a 3rd.

I now put forth the movement to carry only 2 QB's, redman and ryan.

I can guarantee you that we will not keep 10 OLinemen. 8 sounds like the right number and we will probably dress 7 anyway. Only in Madden your required to keep 10 :D

lol oh yea didnt realize he put up 10 lineman. yea i think 8 is generally a good number 3 backups that can cross train. stepanovich will be one of them IMO. then theres Forney and Weiner or otherwise Clabo and Dahl (depending which is the starting group)

I think Forney will be the odd man out...Clabo can play multiple positions and I think Ojinnaka has more value at this point. Unless we think Forney is more valuable than Weiner, who can also play LT, then I don't see us keeping Forney(unless he beats out Harvey Dahl, which I don't see happening right now)

ups - meant to carry 9 olineman - I think 8 is a little weak for us this year.

2 qbs may work for us this year - it all depends on who ends up starting. If ryan starts - 2 is plenty I think.

Stone has been doing ok - and I like him... but I just don't see him being anything great just yet. Plus how can you justify 5 safeties???