Time to cut Bait

SuperBirdFan

I don't believe we need to cut him but he doesn't need to start either. IMO let Chauncey Davis start and JA backup. Next week should help make the decision for the DC. If JA doesn't improve or at least act like he can read what the offense is doing then put someone else in there.

Beiriman (SP) is playing better and knows the defense better than JA.

Did you get the same feeling that I did that JA just didn't know what to do and that he was waaaay to slow?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not say cut him. I said sit him.

He played last year so Rookie excuse don't cut it. He has been out there and he knows the speed of the NFL game.

He is lost out there and maybe if he thought he was in jeapardy of losing his spot maybe it would light a fire under his butt. Maybe even make him a smarter player.

This is not my first post. It is my first post under this name. I changed since I had to register again.

I did not say cut him. I said sit him.

He played last year so Rookie excuse don't cut it. He has been out there and he knows the speed of the NFL game.

He is lost out there and maybe if he thought he was in jeapardy of losing his spot maybe it would light a fire under his butt. Maybe even make him a smarter player.

This is not my first post. It is my first post under this name. I changed since I had to register again.

Very true.

I do think though that there are probably thoughts in position Coach Hamilton's, Coach VanGorder's, Coach Smith's and Thomas Dimitroff''s minds that something just isn't clicking with this kid...........and that we had better start a parallel track of action that will shore up that end.

I'm sure they're not panicking about Anderson like many of us (myself included) are but I bet they're not exactly happy with the lack of progress in his game either........

he hasnt impressed me, but we should still give him more time. we have to see what we have with him. if he is still doing completely nothing after this season and the coaching staff feel there is nothing there for him then maybe we could make that decision.

So you think we should keep him as a starter?

I think after the next pre season game he gets re evaluated. He can still play because it is evident the defense is going to rotate DL players to keep them fresh. Just have him come off of the bench. Light a fire under his a$$. Nothing is a given on this new Falcon team.

I know we have lost both pre season games but I believe the Coaching staff are trying to establish a winning team now. Notice how Ryan comes in and we run less and pass more?

Trying to get ST to pin the other teams deep off of the punt.

Get the penalties down and control the game.

It is a fine line attempting to do all of the above things and evaluate talent on a 80 player team. But if they can control the game on Sunday we will win more than lose.

I believe we will shock a lot of teams and the NFL this year by just playing smart football.

This is only Pre-season.

Agreed...........no one is disputing that......But this kid has a full year of starting in the NFL behind him.....granted, with horrible coaching and just a poisonous team atmosphere surrounding him and the other players....

That's why I believed and still believe that this preseason was and is so important to Jamaal. He has to show some progress in his understanding of the game. He has to develop some type of move to get the advantage over opposing offensive linemen.

It's way too early to declare this kid a bust, but I sure would feel better as a fan if I saw some type of spark from Anderson.

horrible first post.

you dont cut a 1st round pick after 1 season. hes struggling, players struggle.

Struggling is one thing...getting owned each and every snap is another. His tackling is good but his pass rush is non-existent. He also looks flabby to me and, with his lack of technique, means he shouldn't start. Anderson is just not ready so I say bench him and give someone else a shot.

I too am dismayed with Anderson's skills thus far. The thing is, he looks incredibly slow and like he has a very hard time changing directions. The strange thing is, he did the change of directions drills (3 cones, etc.) better than any of the normal sized DE's. Part of the reason he was high up on draft boards is because his athleticism was so remarkable, and he just lacked experience.

The problem is, I'm not seeing his athleticism. I'd be fine if he was missing the occasional play because he got out-techniqued or because the didn't see the play as he should have, but he was running around like a wildman causing havoc. You can't have trouble diagnosing the play AND be poor athletically. Those are not a good combo.

I hope he puts something together.

He's not really as bad as people think he is. He's close to getting sacks, but he does get pressure on the QB. He should have had two more sacks yesterday. He was playing against Ryan Diem if im not imstaken, who's a very solid RT. He's still only 22 years old, most DE's that come out of college are 23 or 24 years old. They all have more experience at DE comming out of college than Jamaal did. They have more time to work on their technique, and learn how to grow into their bodies. Jamaal is still learning the game. It's a whole new coaching staff and system, pretty much he's a rookie again.

He's not really as bad as people think he is. He's close to getting sacks, but he does get pressure on the QB. He should have had two more sacks yesterday. He was playing against Ryan Diem if im not imstaken, who's a very solid RT. He's still only 22 years old, most DE's that come out of college are 23 or 24 years old. They all have more experience at DE comming out of college than Jamaal did. They have more time to work on their technique, and learn how to grow into their bodies. Jamaal is still learning the game. It's a whole new coaching staff and system, pretty much he's a rookie again.

The fact is Jamal Anderson is hurting the Falcons. If he can't make plays he should'nt be starting. If sitting him or moving him to DT helps him out fine but the Falcons coaches have to put the team first. You can't keep him in there if he is hurting the team.

The fact is Jamal Anderson is hurting the Falcons. If he can't make plays he should'nt be starting. If sitting him or moving him to DT helps him out fine but the Falcons coaches have to put the team first. You can't keep him in there if he is hurting the team.

he isnt hurting

and why arnt you calling out the other lineman who didnt make any plays or the Lbs who didnt force any fumbles or the DBs who didnt get any INTs?

He's not hurting the team yet because it's only pre-season......

Actually the play that disturbed me most last night was when Jamaal was out of position on the Colts end around run......It showed 2 bad things about Anderson the way he's currently playing:

1.) He didn't stay home. He has a certain area along the line he's supposed to be occupying on that type of play.....He got suckered in too deep into the backfield.....

2.) Because he was late catching up to the runner he whiffed on the tackle and didn't exactly display blazing speed either.

That play really bothered me.