Ok Let's Play "What If"

BruceReville

Ok right now it seems apparent that our #3 QB situation is highly contested - Harrington is experience and so far has had no mistakes this Pre-Season but we all remember his playing ability from last year left alot to be desired - Shockley has had flashes here and there but no experience and has thrown one really bad pick (Last Week) and two turnovers this week from a tip and blindside hit - but still it is 2 turnovers - Redman looked bad week one and average in week 2 this preseason with a pick in each game.

Now the scenario: If the Falcons cut 2 of our QBs and kept 1 when cuts happen and went after another veteran arm - Who would you want cut and who would you like the Falcons to try and pursue as a veteran arm at QB?

I would say that Harrington and Shockley be released as really there are more minuses than pluses in keeping them which pains me as I am a big Shockley supporter and he really has not shown anything worth merit in keeping him. My opinion could change after this weekend as he should get the start but I am not holding my breath. (Seems that Ryan is going to continue coming in mid-way in the first quarter until the last game of the season where he will most likely start the game)

As far as a veteran arm I would bring Culpepper in and see how he performs in training camp and keep my eye on Chris Simms who most likely will be cut this season by Tampa or Matt Cassel from New England.

I think the Falcons will be just fine with Ryan, Redman, and Harrington/Shockley. Personally I think Harrington gets cut and Shockley stays with the team. I believe this will happen simply from a financial standpoint. Both are fighting for the 3rd QB spot and really, how often does the 3rd string QB get to play? Shockley is cheaper than Harrington and the Falcons have spent a lot of money rehabbing Shockley. I just think that Harrington is too expensive to keep around as a 3rd stringer. I don't have anything else negative to say about the man though. He's a professional on/off the field. I have a lot of respect for Harrington and I find it very difficult not to like the guy. He gives you his all but it just seems that his all is just a little short of what you need.

Really, whatever happens, I just want Joey Blowey off this team. He is nothing but pre-season fool's gold. He'll look good enough to avoid getting cut, then when the reg season starts he'll look like steaming hot elephant dung. It happens every year. He has topped out, will not get any better, and I rather have another vet QB that does not embrace losing and playing scared like a mother to a new-born. I don't know whats worse, seeing him in the black and red, or reading the ridiculous post of Joey-huggers. Wait, reading the posts after seeing him play is worse. <_<