Battlefield: Bad Company

I picked up this game a while ago, but just started playing yesterday. It's great- I forgot how much I like the BF-style games with the huge maps and vehicles. Definitely not as pretty or precise as Call of Duty 4, but cool nonetheless.

I got in as a passenger on the helicopter and was POUNDING the enemy with that 30mm cannon. had a great pilot who was just hovering base-to-base, letting me rip them up. awesome.

Anybody else playing this game? I think I saw CaliberUSAF on there...

I loved it when it first came out. I was never a multiplayer guy until I bought BF:BC. I played it for about a month and then got into COD4 MP. The game is cool... I really like the big maps. What I don't like are the vehicles and the constant lag.

i think i'm the opposite at the moment. i played COD4 to death, but i wanted something on a bigger scale with vehicles. i wish they could make a game with COD's graphics, gameplay, and hit detection on a scale like BF.

one thing i don't like about Bad Company is that you can't talk to your whole team- only the other 3 members of your squad. kind of pointless, but nobody uses mics anyway. that and sometimes i have to put like 30 shots in somebody to put them down.

anyway, if anybody wants to play sometime, i'm on in the evenings and weekends usually and my PSN name is QuincyDense.

i think i'm the opposite at the moment. i played COD4 to death, but i wanted something on a bigger scale with vehicles. i wish they could make a game with COD's graphics, gameplay, and hit detection on a scale like BF.

Vehicles annoy the piss out of me. Now, if someone knows how to use one then it's okay, but I seem to run into people who suck with guns so they just jump in a tank. I know tanks are part of the game but I'm pretty sure that not everyone is supposed to be in one. I swear it seems like people are either snipers or in tanks. Personally, I like to get in the action... not sit in a tank. Like I said, tanks can be helpful if used correctly but people abuse them. I guess thats what you call a noob.

yeah, it can be very irritating when there are idiots running around and team-killing in vehicles. or when some jerk tries to TK you because you took "his" vehicle.

and totally agree about there being too many snipers. that crap really doesn't help the team as much as they'd like to think.

i play every class EXCEPT recon (sniper), and i usually prefer assault or support.

F'ing TK's. :angry: Gotta love it when you are on the Howitzer and your teammate kills you just so he can use it.

Do you guys have any problem with lag? It seems like everytime I try to get on there it lags so bad that I just put COD4 back in.

every now and then it'll lag, but i just switch to another game and it works fine. doesn't happen too often for me. and yes, i hate those artillery whores.

Yea but then you have those awesome guys in the tanks that that kill the crap outta everyone and support their team...like me! Haha jk I do love using the tanks thou.

i had an awesome game last night, went 21-2. it was gold rush and i was on defense, but we pinned the attackers back in their first base. i sat in a bradley right outside their base and must've killed like 18 guys in a row with that cannon. whenever they'd try to get smart and shoot rockets at me, i'd hop out and fix it. spawn-camping is a *****, but it's your own fault if you keep spawning right into the path of my 30mm.

• 2 weeks later...
i had an awesome game last night, went 21-2. it was gold rush and i was on defense, but we pinned the attackers back in their first base. i sat in a bradley right outside their base and must've killed like 18 guys in a row with that cannon. whenever they'd try to get smart and shoot rockets at me, i'd hop out and fix it. spawn-camping is a *****, but it's your own fault if you keep spawning right into the path of my 30mm.

thats how you do it, i'm not gonna roll up in some town and get destroyed by a buncha dudes with rpgs hiding in buildings. I just love sitting back.