Why Joe Horn didn't play

SLICK NICK

He said the same thing when asked why I didn't play. :rolleyes:

No way. Joe is as good as gone right about now. I'm going to guess that there MAY be a team out there who has interest in him (don't know why either) and they don't want risk an injury to him (don't know why either..again).

Horn what do you expect. Did you notice Coach Smith's facial expression when asked about Horn. That should tell it all, he wasn't surprised. I'm just expecting him to go when the roster gets cut. He knows he doesn't have a chance when were in the rebuilding stage with a bunch of new and young guys.

Joe is upset and he wants off the team. He could really care less about being cut because he gets 2.5 million. I think he is an excellent W.R. when he has a good QB. Before Joe came to the team the W.R.'s couldn't catch a cold and when asked about his improvement, Roddy White said that he got a lot of help from Horn in regards to catching and holding onto the ball. Horn served the purpose the Falcons wanted him to and that was to help the W.R.'s to become better.

Right now it's a game of who blinks first. Horn wants to be cut or traded early enough to get on with another team, nobody else wants him so we'll have to cut him. He made the mistake of saying in an interview he'd be willing to restructure his contract to lessen the cap hit if we cut him, so that's what we're waiting for. Only now Horn's realized nobody's gonna sign him after he's released so he's changed his mind about restructuring.

Disclaimer: The words in bold are only my opinion. I have no sources or factual data to back it up.

Coach Smith, said he re aggravated his hamstring running a route before the game.

How many believe that? If you don't, what do you think is the reason?

At least it is plausible. That's the injury excuse he has used for the last four or five years.

Horn needs to hang it up. He had a decent run. Game over, man, game over.

Coach Smith, said he re aggravated his hamstring running a route before the game.

How many believe that? If you don't, what do you think is the reason?

Stubbed his big toe in the locker room?

Honestly, I think Joe Horn wanted one thing and one thing only when he signed with the Falcons...MONEY. He was cut from the Aints by Sean Payton. Sean knew he was awash, but Pigtrino and McKay wanted a mentor to the WR with skillet hands on this team. SO, they overpaid him ,and, most likely made promises that this new coaching staff can not keep. So, I say let him go, then recoup the money from McKay's salary.

Joe Horn either needs to suck it up and play his role on this team or agree to forfeit his salary and go on the free agent market. No one is going to give the Falcons anything more than a 7th round pick (if that) for Joe Horn and the Falcons would be idiots to release him and not get anything for their $2.5 million dollars.