2nd preseaon game Analysis

atljbo1

Good

First Team O-Line: Harvey Dahl and Tyson Clabo is looking like the future... These guys are aggressive and plays till after the whistle.... Clabo faced Mathis an held hie own and Dahl is looking amazing out there...I like Todd Weiner but the Coaching staff should not mess with the chemistry this O-Line now have(It feels good to actually have a pretty good O-Line) ... Sam Baker and Justin Blalock looked very athletic out there..... I see a Huge improvement by Justin Blalock and so far Sam Baker looks like the best LeftTackle in the 2008 nfl draft..... If these guys can show up like this against Albert Haynesworth, I will be a full believer in this O-Line and that Matt Ryan should start

(It looks like we do not have to use our 2009 1st round pick on a O-Lineman)

Laurent Robinson: I know the Coaching Staff wants injured players to earn the Starting jobs back put come on..... Laurent ,Roddy,and Harry Douglas looks like a nice future

Brent Grimes: Grimes just continue you to show up........ I cant lie.... I cant wait till he gets his first INT

Michael Turner and Ovie Mughelli: This is looking like a good RB&FB combo

Curtis Lofton: This guy should be the Starting MLB starting the 3rd preseason game till the end of his career

Daron Stone: This guy is like a Missile out there....Daron Stone is showing his potential... One more year learning from Lawyer, Stone should be ready

Elam:He's Back

Roddy White: Always does his thing

Michael Boley:We have to resign this man.... I mean we have to

Kroy Biermann:Biermann reminds me of a undersized PK....... Neither of this guys are the fastest DE but they have a never ending motor/ Wild man mentality

Lawyer Milloy: If Lawyer Milloy keeps playing like this,Milloy may just get that 1 year added on

Willie Evans: I told yall about Willie Evens this summer...... This guy will be a good backup DE for us

Bad

Jamaal Anderson: To me the problem is that Jamaal Anderson is playing out of position to me... From day 1(When he drafted him) i said JA is a Richard Seymour type 3-4 DE...... Jamaal does not have the bust or quickness to be a Cover 2 DE(Cover 2 need a mean front 4 pass rush)...... I think Jamaal Anderson best option is getting switch to DT next offseason (He has to get bigger(muscles) and stronger)

Pass Rush: Next year we have to use our first 2 picks on a DE (George Selvie or Michael Johnson) and DT....... Without Abe out there , we did not really have any pressure out there(unless we blitz)..... The covering looked really good out there but with no pass rush its useless.... The reason why Tampa bay D is so good is because tampas front 4 gets pressure.......Even when Abe is out there he cant do it all by himself.... We must draft a pass rushing DE in the first round of next years draft......

Rashad Moore and Jonathan Babineaux : Moore is the biggest dude ive ever seen that always get pushed back.... I wish TD would call the raiders and say "Keep the 5th round pick and just send 6'7 33lbs Terdell Sands(backup in Oakland) to Atlanta...... Babs was getting Zero penetration

Tony Taylor: Tony Taylor was not all that bad but he did miss a couple of tackles

Adam Jennings: Its impossible for him to make this team...... Adam has not shown me nothing since he's been here

oh, how did IceMan look??? i know he threw that pick, but besides that...

Besides that he looked really good...... He was driving the team down the field before that pick...... I cant lie... I would have made the same throw....Hayden just jumped the route perfectly

Besides that he looked really good...... He was driving the team down the field before that pick...... I cant lie... I would have made the same throw....Hayden just jumped the route perfectly

that's coo. It's good to see he's doing well out there thus far. just get him some more reps. i think he'll start by week 2.

but wtf is up with grimes??? im all happy about his athletic ability and determination on tha field, but i read somewhere that he dropped another pick. where are your hands son??? that makes like 3 in 2 preseason games.

Its just preseason but if Grimes play like these during the season....... That D-Hall trade will make TD look really good........ even tho Grimes was here before TD was hired... He will look like.... I traded D-hall because i knew Grimes was ready to step up

It would feed into that.... TD is a super good talent evaluator

Another thing.... I really Like Jamaal Anderson as a person and a 3/4 DE...... But YOOOOOOO.... We have to get a pass rushing DE on the other side of Abe....Jamaal does not have the burst or quickness to do it...... I still think he can contribute tho.....If we can get 2 big space eating DT (dont matter what round or freeagency),We could have a top 10 D...... Our Pass covering look that good

6'4 260lbs John Abraham

6'6 320lbs Vince Oghobaase(2nd round)

6'3 300lbs Tank Johnson

6'4 255lbs George Selvie (This guy is freeney Jr)(1st round)

6'6 280lbs Jamaal Anderson(Jamaal Anderson can subin as a DE ot DT)

If TD made this happen next year... We would have a top 10 D

thank you for the post and great to hear justin and sam are coming along.....we gotta have the oline jel

Sam Baker has looked better then Jake Long..... Jake Long will have big time trouble with spend rushers.. On running plays Jake Long is official but the pass rush is getting him.....Alot of QB hurrys has happened on his side

Grimes wouldve been able to get the ball but it was thrown way over him, He is only listed at 5'10 and he probally jumped 11 feet to even grab the ball, he made a great play on the ball and probally saved a td. Grimes is gonna be a beast.

Sam Baker looked good also he looked like he is the future at left tackle, the whole Ol looked good though, Clabo and Dahl made some great blocks on both of Turners big runs.

Turner well lets just say 4 carries for 113 yards.........enough said.

Matt Ryan made a mistake and will learn from them as time goes on, Atlanta will live or die with him.

The recievers really didnt do to much special, White made a couple of key catches, Jenkins surprisedly looked decent, Douglas made a couple of drops, Robinson looked pretty good as well, Finneran had a key drop on a pass from Ryan, and chandler williams made a good catch from DJ.

Snelling was disapointing to watch, Brown had a couple of good runs, and Norwood looked decent.

The D line actually got a little pressure tonight, they looked better than last week, Anderson was Anderson, Grady dropped back in LB coverage one time NO im not joking, Bierman is going to be a beast.

The linebackers made some key plays tonight and I would like to see Lofton with the 1st stringers, he registered a sack. Boley went down and I thought it was bad, maybe he will be ok, he walked off on his on power and I think it was a back injury.

Grimes played shut down Harrison the whole time he was in the game, Jackson looked pretty good as well since he was covering Reggie Wayne, Milloy made a crushing hit on the sidelines and David Irons picked a ball off. I believe the secondary will be fine.

Jennings on the punt return looked horrible, Brown looked decent in the kickoff returns though, I think Brown played well enough to let Smith know he can go ahead and give Jennings the boot.

Another thing.... I really Like Jamaal Anderson as a person and a 3/4 DE...... But YOOOOOOO.... We have to get a pass rushing DE on the other side of Abe....Jamaal does not have the burst or quickness to do it...... I still think he can contribute tho.....If we can get 2 big space eating DT (dont matter what round or freeagency),We could have a top 10 D...... Our Pass covering look that good

6'4 260lbs John Abraham

6'6 320lbs Vince Oghobaase(2nd round)

6'3 300lbs Tank Johnson

6'4 255lbs George Selvie (This guy is freeney Jr)(1st round)

6'6 280lbs Jamaal Anderson(Jamaal Anderson can subin as a DE ot DT)

If TD made this happen next year... We would have a top 10 D

Michael Johnson is the safest bet as a great NFL pass rushing DE in next years draft. **** prolly be the #1 DE taken cuz hes goin to have a nice season this year. Especially with an All-American DT Vance Walker on the DL with him. That DL at tech is goin to bang some heads this year. Even if they dont do anything else.

I want michael johnson like crazy. Also, last offseason I said Anderson was a good fit at DT. Looks like im just I maybe right.

Grimes could have like 4 or 5 picks by now. If his hands improve he is one of the best corners in the league (if he stays at this pace.) Either way, he is breaking up passes like no one I have seen. Picks are great, but he plays tight coverage on the best WR's, and like he is Sparta, he gives them nothing. And then... you guys have seen the movie.

Grimes is like one year from being our ridiculously awesome corner that Hall was supposed to be years ago. Can we just throw millions at him now, so we don't have to worry about it later? Dude is sick in two different defenses.

And I called it last year. Eat it haters (I called him our best corner at the end of last year, ABOVE HALL). I might still get some crap, but Hall has not played to the level that Grimes has played.

Grimes wouldve been able to get the ball but it was thrown way over him, He is only listed at 5'10 and he probally jumped 11 feet to even grab the ball, he made a great play on the ball and probally saved a td. Grimes is gonna be a beast.

Sam Baker looked good also he looked like he is the future at left tackle, the whole Ol looked good though, Clabo and Dahl made some great blocks on both of Turners big runs.

Turner well lets just say 4 carries for 113 yards.........enough said.

Matt Ryan made a mistake and will learn from them as time goes on, Atlanta will live or die with him.

The recievers really didnt do to much special, White made a couple of key catches, Jenkins surprisedly looked decent, Douglas made a couple of drops, Robinson looked pretty good as well, Finneran had a key drop on a pass from Ryan, and chandler williams made a good catch from DJ.

Snelling was disapointing to watch, Brown had a couple of good runs, and Norwood looked decent.

The D line actually got a little pressure tonight, they looked better than last week, Anderson was Anderson, Grady dropped back in LB coverage one time NO im not joking, Bierman is going to be a beast.

The linebackers made some key plays tonight and I would like to see Lofton with the 1st stringers, he registered a sack. Boley went down and I thought it was bad, maybe he will be ok, he walked off on his on power and I think it was a back injury.

Grimes played shut down Harrison the whole time he was in the game, Jackson looked pretty good as well since he was covering Reggie Wayne, Milloy made a crushing hit on the sidelines and David Irons picked a ball off. I believe the secondary will be fine.

Jennings on the punt return looked horrible, Brown looked decent in the kickoff returns though, I think Brown played well enough to let Smith know he can go ahead and give Jennings the boot.

Yea i agree.... I dont want to jenx it... but Sam Baker look like Joe Thomas... i promise........ Neither are Maulers but both are great at pass blocking and really good at run blocking....... Im just sayin

Michael Johnson is the safest bet as a great NFL pass rushing DE in next years draft. **** prolly be the #1 DE taken cuz hes goin to have a nice season this year. Especially with an All-American DT Vance Walker on the DL with him. That DL at tech is goin to bang some heads this year. Even if they dont do anything else.

I want michael johnson like crazy. Also, last offseason I said Anderson was a good fit at DT. Looks like im just I maybe right.

Michael Johnson is not safer then George Selvie.....I like Mike and his potential is humongous but George Selvie is proven....Back to back years George Selvie has been unstoppable

Baker looked good tonight, everyone in my section was talking about him.

Our Defensive line will be a problem, Jackson and Abraham can't do it alone.

Jamaal Anderson, *sigh* I don't know where to begin, so I won't.

Despite the INT, Matty did good.

Biermann is one **** of a player

Butterworth sucks

Laurent played well

Thomas Brown played well

Jason Snelling, meh

Dahl and Clabo played extremely well tonight as well as Blalock. Kudos to the O-line

Grimes is good, but unfortunately the defensive line will play apart in his downfall.

Brooking looked his age on a couple of plays tonight.

Pierre Garcon of the Colts will be a STUD, dude is going to be the truth.

Adam Jennings is useless

Please be okay Boley

Chevis Jackson is going to be pretty good

Daren Stone played well

Michael Turner is the man

I just love Jerious even though it wasn't his best night.

We need DT's and a pass rushing LDE BADLY

I think Mike Smith should have tested the team and went for it on some of those 4th down calls.

Kicking game much improved

We need to work on the goal line offense. 3 points is good, but we have to come away with 7 to win games.

Grimes could have like 4 or 5 picks by now. If his hands improve he is one of the best corners in the league (if he stays at this pace.) Either way, he is breaking up passes like no one I have seen. Picks are great, but he plays tight coverage on the best WR's, and like he is Sparta, he gives them nothing. And then... you guys have seen the movie.

Grimes is like one year from being our ridiculously awesome corner that Hall was supposed to be years ago. Can we just throw millions at him now, so we don't have to worry about it later? Dude is sick in two different defenses.

And I called it last year. Eat it haters (I called him our best corner at the end of last year, ABOVE HALL). I might still get some crap, but Hall has not played to the level that Grimes has played.

Butterworth does suck.. but let me stick to this qoute........

The thing i like About Grimes(that D-Hall has never had)..... Grimes has something to prove and he wants to prove it..... This guy really have a chip on his shoulder and plays like it...... He wants to start and gain respect ............ I think Emmit Thomas saw a little of himself in Brent Grimes