Jamaal Anderson

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Aurthur Blank there is no way I could watch Anderson underperform and turn around a see Rich McKay standing there. This is turning out to be an atrocious pick and McKay at this point is superfluous. The fact that McKay did not bring in Anderson for a personal workout before drafting him drives me crazy. McKay should be tossed for this and Anderson should be moved to DT or relagated to second or third string.

I was really praying we got Willis or Okoye but I won't write off Anderson completely yet since I did that to Roddy and have felt stupid ever since last season.
yep I never give up on young players till they show they can't play for like 4-5 years.

I couldnt believe it when they called his name at the draft. I still cant.

We were so close to Landry or Peterson its sickening. No trade needed for Willis either. Amobie as well. Honestly, just a poor first round draft. That was always McKay's weakness, better in the mid rounders, and trash early.

But we have what we have. Plenty of chance for the improvement, he has all the measureables.

yep I never give up on young players till they show they can't play for like 4-5 years.

That is over most contracts. Jimmy Williams could still perform for us. I'd say 3 years, but potential has to be shown. Anderson might be a 2 year guy, but I did, now that I remember, see some plays where Anderson DID show some burst, and was getting some pressure. That shows the potential, and I betcha we need to see a few more games. Remember the replay of him trying to spin past the tackle?

****, I'm talking a lot of crap, but I feel like Anderson has always been so close. He has that potential, but just hasn't shown the improvement that I was hoping for.

Roddy showed from the first day that he was fast and had all the tools to be a top notch WR. His problem was his hands. Hand can be coached and eventually that happened for Roddy.

Jamaal on the other hand looks slow, immobile, and weak out there. Those are things that you can't really coach. I think Anderson excelled in college because he was in a defensive system designed for him to excell. The Falcons were wowed by his size and college stats and were blind to all else. I still can't believe they didn't bring him in and put him through his paces in a private workout.

I'm not going to bring it out yet but unless I see some serious improvement I'll have to bring out the word "bust". He looks like someone out of the stands trying to play DE. It's really sad.

I wanted Reggie Nelson all the way but i'm not complaining. I'm behind the guy we got.

I want him to succeed as much as anyone but I also thought it would have been really cool if those guys actually had a bigfoot body. I didn't expect them to have anything other than a fake and I don't expect Andersont to be anything other than a bust. What we want is not always what we know we're going to get.

I'll say it again that I want Anderson to succeed but it hurts to watch Okoye and Willis succeed while Anderson experiences nothing but complete and total failure.