Why do I allow myself to get optimistic about the team every year?

I know in my head that we are probably going to go 5-11. So, I try not to get worked up about the season...But every single year after watching us play a bit, or read reports about the team, I always get that feeling that we can have a great (relatively speaking) year.

Honestly, I would be COMPLETELY satisfied with 8-8, but I know the truth is we are more than likely not going to even get near that record with this young team.

Being a Falcons fan is....interesting... :D

because youre suppose to be optimistic. im optimistic about everythign in my life.

if you think were going to suck all the time it would just make everything negative about being a fan, and what fun is that? You see a good play, you dont cheer instead you say "well we still are going to suck". Thats the pessimistic outlook and i like to calll that the hater mentality.

I know in my head that we are probably going to go 5-11. So, I try not to get worked up about the season...But every single year after watching us play a bit, or read reports about the team, I always get that feeling that we can have a great (relatively speaking) year.

Honestly, I would be COMPLETELY satisfied with 8-8, but I know the truth is we are more than likely not going to even get near that record with this young team.

Being a Falcons fan is....interesting... :D

This is how sad we have become....we are completely ok with mediocre ....8-8 is average and we are satisfied with that....I wonder if INDY fans are ok with 8-8

This is how sad we have become....we are completely ok with mediocre ....8-8 is average and we are satisfied with that....I wonder if INDY fans are ok with 8-8

With the level of talent on this team and considering we have an entirely new coaching staff, 8-8 would be great. It would mean we have a bright future.

your kidding right? After everything that's happened the past year, 8-8 wouldnt be considered mediocre. We have arguably the youngest team in the NFL, if we did go 8-8 this year then just imagine us next year.