Oakland vs. Atlanta

NEWF

i'm obviously an Atlanta fan but by buddy is a Raider fan. we're both pretty excited that we play this year.

we argue back and forth over who will win... after the first set of preseason games i was confident we had this won, but Jamarcus didn't look bad against tennesse. we all know their pass defense will be insane, but i think norwood and turner will more so turner can run through that D... nothing against norwood but their Thomas howard and kirk morrison are fast...

predictions?

Oakland and it's not even close. They had this argument on 790 and the guys on the station were laughing at the fact that D. hall said they'd have a better team. D. Hall, Michael Huff, and Nmandi Asmougha (sp?), and Derrick Burgess...and on offense Javon Walker, Darren McFadden, Ron Curry, Justin Fargas, Jamarcus (I know we don't know what he's capable of, but I'd take him over any of our QBs right now), etc. Rex Ryan is a proven D. coordinator.

On our side we have Boley, Abe, Brooking, Grady as far as guys I feel "good about". On offense, Roddy, I'm going to say Turner...and after that... :huh:

Oakland and it's not even close. They had this argument on 790 and the guys on the station were laughing at the fact that D. hall said they'd have a better team. D. Hall, Michael Huff, and Nmandi Asmougha (sp?), and Derrick Burgess...and on offense Javon Walker, Darren McFadden, Ron Curry, Justin Fargas, Jamarcus (I know we don't know what he's capable of, but I'd take him over any of our QBs right now), etc. Rex Ryan is a proven D. coordinator.

On our side we have Boley, Abe, Brooking, Grady as far as guys I feel "good about". On offense, Roddy, I'm going to say Turner...and after that... :huh:

Get ready to eat a lot of Crow. D-Hall didn't stop anyone in Atlanta last year, matter of fact he played soft all year long. If I remember correctly he was pretty mediocre the year before as well.

Javon Walker is underperforming, and the local community (as stated in teh SF Cronicle) is already crying that they are not getting value for his deal. Didn't he get his *** beat in Vegas? Who the **** else do they have catching the ball? Sorry, Roody, Laurant, Harry and whoever else are WAAAYY better than the team Oakland puts on the field.

Russel over Ryan, you are just high. Ryan will blow the doors off mister can't read a defense, can't stay focused Russel. There will be no room for doubt.

McFadden/Fargas vs Turner/Norwood is the only reasonable matchup, and we still have the advantage.

What did Oakland do in the offseason to help ut in the trenches? Oh yeah, nothing.

Good luck with tthat coaching staff. Guess who your offensive coordinator is, yeah GREG KNAPP< AAAAAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And it's a home game for us! Your team is toast.

Get ready to eat a lot of Crow. D-Hall didn't stop anyone in Atlanta last year, matter of fact he played soft all year long. If I remember correctly he was pretty mediocre the year before as well.

Javon Walker is underperforming, and the local community (as stated in teh SF Cronicle) is already crying that they are not getting value for his deal. Didn't he get his *** beat in Vegas? Who the **** else do they have catching the ball? Sorry, Roody, Laurant, Harry and whoever else are WAAAYY better than the team Oakland puts on the field.

Russel over Ryan, you are just high. Ryan will blow the doors off mister can't read a defense, can't stay focused Russel. There will be no room for doubt.

McFadden/Fargas vs Turner/Norwood is the only reasonable matchup, and we still have the advantage.

What did Oakland do in the offseason to help ut in the trenches? Oh yeah, nothing.

Good luck with tthat coaching staff. Guess who your offensive coordinator is, yeah GREG KNAPP< AAAAAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And it's a home game for us! Your team is toast.

I'm actually a Falcons fan...and it's a home game for THEM! They came to the Dome in '04 and T.J. went for like 4 touchdowns.

Sorry...I would take Russell over Ryan at this stage. I've seen Russell in both preseason games (happened to be at the one in Oakland) and I tend to think he'll be just fine.

D. Hall is a lot better than folks here like to give him credit for. He got beat like EVERY elite corner gets beat and playing with more talent on D is only going to help.

Javon Walker is underperforming. Maybe it stays that way but outside of Roddy there aren't a ton of folks I'm Uber-excited about. Maybe Laurent, but that's it.

Zach Miler is better than any of our TE's.

I'm actually a Falcons fan...and it's a home game for THEM! They came to the Dome in '04 and T.J. went for like 4 touchdowns.

Sorry...I would take Russell over Ryan at this stage. I've seen Russell in both preseason games (happened to be at the one in Oakland) and I tend to think he'll be just fine.

D. Hall is a lot better than folks here like to give him credit for. He got beat like EVERY elite corner gets beat and playing with more talent on D is only going to help.

Javon Walker is underperforming. Maybe it stays that way but outside of Roddy there aren't a ton of folks I'm Uber-excited about. Maybe Laurent, but that's it.

Zach Miler is better than any of our TE's.

I checked the schedule, and you are exactly right. The game is in Oakland, sorry about that. Having watched the week three games, I stand by my prediction that the Falcons will stomp the Raiders. Funny thing is I ended up with Turner and DMac on my fantasy team.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm torn as well because I am a Raiders fan at heart (from the Bay) but have loved watching the Falcons since I moved to the ATL in '95 and consider myself a Falcons fan.

But being totally unbiased, based on week ones performance, I have to give a huge advantage to the Falcons and here's why:

1. The run - our running back core is waaaaaay more potent than the Raiders. Hopefully McFadden won't have a break out game against us!

2. WR's - If Ronald Curry continues to drop balls and the rest of the receiving core remains unproductive then our secondary should have a cakewalk of an afternoon.

3. QB's - Let's just call Jamarcus Russell a rookie since he hasn't played a full season yet. As I mentioned before, he won't get much help from his WR's and if we can stop the run, I doubt he passes for over 150 yards. Matt Ryan has more weapons.

4. and of course I can't forget DeAngelo Hall - I'm sure he has this date circled on his calendar and as talented as he is, I think he will be over pumped for this game and we all know how hard it is for him to cap his emotions. I smell at least 1 unsportsmanlike penalty this game.

That being said I see the Falcons winning this game and having a better overall season than the Raiders. But I'm still rooting for both teams to be successful this year.

*No Fair Weather Fan Here*