I gotta get to work.

I just pulled 50+ tomatoes from my 3 plants and I gotta get to canning/freezing. And we've been eating off those things all year and giving tomatoes to anyone who glanced my way. I wouldn't hesitate to say we got 150-200 tomatoes from those three plants. they were blessed that's for sure. I will probably cook thses down and freeze them, don't feel like the whole canning thing today.

Sorry. They would have never made it past fried green tomato stage if it were me. And the ones that did ripen would be put in the fridge until me and a salt shaker decide to have a threesome.

I have eaten so many fried green ones and ripened ones it's silly.. I love cooking them down , adding in some salt and a teaspoon of sugar. MMMMM.

Or making tomato gravy like my mom made growing up.

It's funny because I HATE raw tomatoes with a passion, but I can eat ketchup, pizza sauce, some salsas, etc. with no problem at all. I don't know what it is but when ever I taste a raw tomato I feel like I have to throw up. Instant gagging.

I have NEVER agreed with you before, pencilpusher, but I am going to have to agree with this one. Tomato gravy is the shizzit. Sausage gravy with tomato's over fresh biscuits...ain't nothing better in the morning then that.

yep..she made it that way and also poured red eye gravy over crushed tomatoes and let the sopping proceed!

ummm tomatoes and rice. What kind of plant do you have that can produce 150-200 from 3 plants?

I don't have a clue. I bought em from the front of a little country store and they weren't labeled. I thought I had screwed up because it took them FOREVER to start growing any larger.... but when they did..BOOM! No really huge tomatoes but just lots and lots of medium sized ones. I have been eating them and giving them away as fast as I can. :P

They didn't even get any blossom end rot, which tore my stuff up in previous years. I have never seen plants put out like this gonna definitely save some seeds.

I don't have a clue. I bought em from the front of a little country store and they weren't labeled. I thought I had screwed up because it took them FOREVER to start growing any larger.... but when they did..BOOM! No really huge tomatoes but just lots and lots of medium sized ones. I have been eating them and giving them away as fast as I can. :P

They didn't even get any blossom end rot, which tore my stuff up in previous years. I have never seen plants put out like this gonna definitely save some seeds.

I hear ya about the seeds. The rains and humidity have everything but my tomato plants growing strong.

It's funny because I HATE raw tomatoes with a passion, but I can eat ketchup, pizza sauce, some salsas, etc. with no problem at all. I don't know what it is but when ever I taste a raw tomato I feel like I have to throw up. Instant gagging.

Except for the ketchup, same here.

Seasoned tomato sauce is fine. I can't eat a raw tomato.