Six Colts Starters Not Playing Against Falcons

dozer

Six Colts Starters Not Playing Against Falcons

Associated Press, NFL.com - LINK

Six Indianapolis Colts starters will not play against the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday night due to injury.

The missing starters include QB Peyton Manning, DB Bob Sanders, DL Dwight Freeney, OL Ryan Lilja, OL Ryan Diem, and LB Tyjuan Hagler.

Game time is 7:30pm Sat 08/16/08.

well thats good news for joey. he doesnt ahve to go against their two best defenders freeney and sanders.

and thats good for our D line with two of their O linemen missing since big abe will probably sit out. This will show how much our D line needs help if they do struggle against them and Sorgi.

Can someone post which falcons will be sitting out?

just incase u dont wannt read, heres the rest of the colts that wont play

rookie linebacker Philip Wheeler, a third-round pick who recently had knee surgery, and rookie tight end Tom Santi, a sixth-round pick

Defensive back Melvin Bullitt (thumb), receiver Roy Hall (hamstring), defensive end Josh Thomas (groin) and linebacker Victor Worsley (hamstring) will not play against Atlanta, either

a at least Harrison and Wayne will be in so we can see how our CBs do against real wideouts. And Robert Mathis is in so we can see if our o-line holds up. I no they had simeon rice last year, but is he still around? and theyve got dwight howard to see how we do against speed rush.

Hey who else knew Dwight Howard flew over from China to play in the game, j/k i wouldve liked to see Freeney come out and give our OL a test, But at least Grimes and Houston will have a test.

which of our players are out?

Falcons Injury Update: CB Grimes Injures Knee

Steve Wyche, Atlanta Journal Constitution

Published on: 08/13/08- LINK

Falcons starting LCB Brent Grimes hurt his left knee against Jacksonville this weekend and has been held out of most team drills at practice. Second-year CB David Irons has been working with the first team in place of Grimes.

Also missing practice were LB Keith Brooking (ribs), DE John Abraham (ankle), CB Chris Houston (shoulder), TE Martrez Milner (ankle, toe) and WR Joe Horn (hamstring).

Falcons WR Robinson Working To Regain Starting Spot

Orlando Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/13/08- LINK

Falcons WR Laurent Robinson returned to practice last week after missing a week with a tailbone injury. While many expected Robinson to seize the starting job opposite Roddy White, the missed time may have cost him his projected starting job to Michael Jenkins.

"I have to make some plays and show them that I can still play," Robinson said. "It's eating me up. I'm trying to do everything I can to get it back."

I was really looking forward to seeing Baker try to handle Freeney on passing downs. That would've been a very good guage as to what we have at LT. Freeney probably wouldn't have gone all out anyway since it's preseason, but still, a half speed Freeney is still better than most DE's in this league.