UGA on Favors list: South Atlanta 6-foot-9 center, considered the No. 1 hoops recruit in the country, plans visit to Bulldogs.

SacFalcFan

South Atlanta basketball All-American Derrick Favors announced his first list of schools Friday that he is considering with Georgia and Georgia Tech still in the running.

The 6-foot-9 center is considered the No. 1 recruit in the country by Scout.com recruiting services heading into the upcoming season. Hornets coach Michael Reddick said Favors is still considering the Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets, along with Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, North Carolina State, Memphis, UCLA, UConn and defending national champion Kansas.

Favors, who averaged nearly a triple-double last season, has set up visits with Georgia (Aug. 28) and Georgia Tech on September 27, according to Reddick.

“We are getting it to a workable list,” Reddick said. “We are hoping to get it down some more.”

Reddick said that Favors haven’t decided if he will sign during the early period in November or wait until April.

“We are hoping to do it early, but we want him to take as much time as needed to make a decision,” Reddick said.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaud, you're my boy, but let me get this straight.

College football- Va. Tech

College basketball- Kentucky

NFL- Falcons

NBA- Rockets

MLB- Braves

:wacko:

lol let me straighten this out, hopefully it doesn't get confusing by the time we are done.

College Football - I never really had a team I just used to like Miami because that was my dads favorite team but I didn't watch them closely. So I was already a Falcons fan and thats when we got Vick and D-Hall and some of the tech players so I became a VT Fan, the year Marcus VIck started playing for them, but Bryan Randall was the starting qb. So being a Falcons fan turned me into a VT football fan.

Next

College Basketball - I was little and was watching Kentucky and I liked Derek Anderson, Ron Mercer, and Anthony Epps so I became a Kentuky Fan.

Next

NFL-When I was little I used to go to the football games with my grandma when the church would take a trip to see the Falcons so I became a Falcons fan when I was little around 5 or 6.

Next

NBA- T-mac made me a rockets fan I've followed him since his Toronto Days I was 10 or 11 then, but now I'm a committed Rockets fan even if T-mac did leave. :D

and Finally(tired fingers)-Basically just go up to the NFL one and replace Braves with the Falcons, church trips when I was little to see the Braves made me a Braves fan.

I'm from Greenville, SC and we have no college sports team other then Furman would be boring to be a fan of a team that didn't matter in the CFB world, and we have never had a pro team in G-ville so I've gotten to pick my teams. :D

Church never took trips to see the Hawks and they never came on T.V. so that is why I'm not a Hawks fan. ;)<_<

Does that clear it up JDU? :P

The sports life of Shaud McKinney coming to a computer near you :D

lol let me straighten this out, hopefully it doesn't get confusing by the time we are done.

College Football - I never really had a team I just used to like Miami because that was my dads favorite team but I didn't watch them closely. So I was already a Falcons fan and thats when we got Vick and D-Hall and some of the tech players so I became a VT Fan, the year Marcus VIck started playing for them, but Bryan Randall was the starting qb. So being a Falcons fan turned me into a VT football fan.

Next

College Basketball - I was little and was watching Kentucky and I liked Derek Anderson, Ron Mercer, and Anthony Epps so I became a Kentuky Fan.

Next

NFL-When I was little I used to go to the football games with my grandma when the church would take a trip to see the Falcons so I became a Falcons fan when I was little around 5 or 6.

Next

NBA- T-mac made me a rockets fan I've followed him since his Toronto Days I was 10 or 11 then, but now I'm a committed Rockets fan even if T-mac did leave. :D

and Finally(tired fingers)-Basically just go up to the NFL one and replace Braves with the Falcons, church trips when I was little to see the Braves made me a Braves fan.

I'm from Greenville, SC and we have no college sports team other then Furman would be boring to be a fan of a team that didn't matter in the CFB world, and we have never had a pro team in G-ville so I've gotten to pick my teams. :D

Church never took trips to see the Hawks and they never came on T.V. so that is why I'm not a Hawks fan. ;)<_<

Does that clear it up JDU? :P

The sports life of Shaud McKinney coming to a computer near you :D

It all makes sense now. :D

You wish. :P

Derrick Favors and Gani Lawal will be dominant down low.

C: Derrick Favors

PF: Gani Lawal

SF: Iman Shumpert

SG: Kenny Boynton

PG: Moe Miller

Oh please.. you have no idea where favors is going.. insiders who aren't uga insiders have said he is heading to UGA. I think UGA gets him.

:D Only team on that list that matters. :D

GET IT DONE BILLY G.!

I know WTA agrees with me.

:D

I agree with ya, but there's no way anyone, not even Billy G, is getting him out of the state of Georgia...

But we'll have Daniel Orton in the fold and he'll make UK fans forget all about Favors... ;)

:D

I agree with ya, but there's no way anyone, not even Billy G, is getting him out of the state of Georgia...

But we'll have Daniel Orton in the fold and he'll make UK fans forget all about Favors... ;)

Forget about favors? in your dreams.. :P :lol: what don't you have any 8 year olds you guys need a commitment from.. :P

we will see, but a lock to gt doesn't visit UGA.. it is good though gt is asking favors to visit when you don't have a home football game.. I wonder why.. :lol: :P

Because it is black college football weekend that weekend. Gani Lawal, Javaris Crittenton, Lance Storrs all took their officials that same weekend.

1. Most talent would be at GT and it is the clostest to home

2. Favors dream school is Georgia Tech hmmmm....

3. GT has the better recruiting class in 09 and Favors wants a chance to win and play with better players.

Because it is black college football weekend that weekend. Gani Lawal, Javaris Crittenton, Lance Storrs all took their officials that same weekend.

1. Most talent would be at GT and it is the clostest to home

2. Favors dream school is Georgia Tech hmmmm....

3. GT has the better recruiting class in 09 and Favors wants a chance to win and play with better players.

1. & 3. That's debatable. You have no idea how this uga class is going to be. Right now uga has one of the best combo guards in mayfield. You don't believe it then you haven't seen him play. We also haven't added anything else to the 2009 class, but our 2008 class was terrific. He would make our 2009 class great and that means a lot to him as well.

2. Yeah so florida was aaron murray's dream school as well. So often we hear that and so often players go elsewhere.

As I said he isn't a Gt lock. If he ends up there fine, but the reality is there are insiders who are not of uga/gt that say he ends up at UGA. Also there is a reason why he isn't being invited to come to a gt home game. You guys have zero enthusiam and can't even sell out your stadium.

1. & 3. That's debatable. You have no idea how this uga class is going to be. Right now uga has one of the best combo guards in mayfield. You don't believe it then you haven't seen him play. We also haven't added anything else to the 2009 class, but our 2008 class was terrific. He would make our 2009 class great and that means a lot to him as well.

2. Yeah so florida was aaron murray's dream school as well. So often we hear that and so often players go elsewhere.

As I said he isn't a Gt lock. If he ends up there fine, but the reality is there are insiders who are not of uga/gt that say he ends up at UGA. Also there is a reason why he isn't being invited to come to a gt home game. You guys have zero enthusiam and can't even sell out your stadium.

I really like Thompkins and I think he will be a great player for UGA but how is Mayfield one of the best combo guards? He is unranked on scouts on rivals and both of their scouts said they view him as a mid major player and a backup in the SEC. Mfon Udofia is rated the #1 PG in Georgia and #2 player in GA and he is highly rated, then you have Brian Oliver one of the best shooters in the class who might move into the top 100 on rivals but right now he is at 108, Glen Rice is top 50 player and a coach on the UGA staff thought he was the best SG in the state, and then Kammeon Holsey who is only ranked #124 but will move way up into the top 100. I am pretty sure Favors, Oliver, Rice, Udofia, Holsey, and Miller/Yarou would be alot better then Favors, Mayfield, and possible Miller.

At this point every one of the GT commits is alot better prospect then Mayfield and it can't hurt if GT was his dream schools especially with all the rumors that he is going to Tech.

I really like Thompkins and I think he will be a great player for UGA but how is Mayfield one of the best combo guards? He is unranked on scouts on rivals and both of their scouts said they view him as a mid major player and a backup in the SEC. Mfon Udofia is rated the #1 PG in Georgia and #2 player in GA and he is highly rated, then you have Brian Oliver one of the best shooters in the class who might move into the top 100 on rivals but right now he is at 108, Glen Rice is top 50 player and a coach on the UGA staff thought he was the best SG in the state, and then Kammeon Holsey who is only ranked #124 but will move way up into the top 100. I am pretty sure Favors, Oliver, Rice, Udofia, Holsey, and Miller/Yarou would be alot better then Favors, Mayfield, and possible Miller.

At this point every one of the GT commits is alot better prospect then Mayfield and it can't hurt if GT was his dream schools especially with all the rumors that he is going to Tech.

one of the main reasons he wasn't rated high was due to the fact that he was a guy that was actually found. kinda of like shawn williams for uga who wasn't ranked and went to a small school and was quite a find for Georgia. I am saying he is one of the best combo guards and he will show it on the court. The guy is amazing. Rankings and stars don't necessarily = a better player once he gets to college. You should know that and not sure what rumors you are talking about.. they aren't legit rumors.

UNC is likely going to lose Ellington and Lawson and will lose Hans, Green and Ginyard. GT might add Boynton and Favors and will return 4 of their 5 starters so I think if that happend GT would be preaseason favorites in the ACC.

And Sac Favors is NOT a lock to GT just rumors around Atlanta.

okay i can see that there are rumor over their locally, but i was a bit mystified with the he is a GT lock comments. I don't doubt however GT is the favorite because IMO they are.