NFL Live about to report on Matt Ryan..

When you are on the field for 3/4 of the game, the numbers tend to get inflated. And lets not forget the kind of field position that Rex would leave them with. They are solid and the rankings don't do them justice.

I just looked it up and the Bears defense ranked almost identically to the Falcons in total defense, time of possession, yard/play and yards/game

you guys are really sleeping on this kid. Ryan is mentally tough to handle a few bad games. Remember, this kid threw 19 INTs his senior year of college and that didn't phase him one bit. Ryan can handle starting from day 1.

Here's the thing, if ryan earns the number 1 job then let him play. You play to win, you don't play to avoid injury. Sooner or later he is going to have to play against a good defense, might as well let him learn on the job.

I never questioned Ryan's mental ability. I just don't want our 72 million dollar investment to be fed to the wolves if our OLine isn't up to par by then.

Ryan is gonna have to face a good defense sooner or later.

Well, Jacksonville's defense isn't anything to sneeze at and Ryan did do a pretty respectable job against them but for him to learn the looks and all that the better defenses in the league have to offer, I think he will gain his experience much better from under center.

Well, Jacksonville's defense isn't anything to sneeze at and Ryan did do a pretty respectable job against them but for him to learn the looks and all that the better defenses in the league have to offer, I think he will gain his experience much better from under center.

Well...J-ville did throw a lot of different looks at him from the things that I read.

Well...J-ville did throw a lot of different looks at him from the things that I read.

Well, being that Coach Smith has such good ties to that team, I wouldn't be surprised if he requested for them to be doing that just to see how Ryan would react and/or respond. I mean it's not like we have to win these preseason games, but rather evaluate the talent that you have and need to make room for the talent that you intend to keep.