NFL Live about to report on Matt Ryan..

They also said that if the Oline isn't ready to "throw Redman to the wolves." I agree with that too.

same. theres no reason to start ryan week 1 if hes going to get owned. id really like to see him miss the bucs in week 2 as well, because i have a feeling they could do a world of hurt to his confidence if our OL isnt ready to protect him.

same. theres no reason to start ryan week 1 if hes going to get owned. id really like to see him miss the bucs in week 2 as well, because i have a feeling they could do a world of hurt to his confidence if our OL isnt ready to protect him.

I'm really looking forward to watching Baker on Saturday, I think I watched him more last week than the actual game. He is a big key to this and I think he is going to be ok.

you guys are really sleeping on this kid. Ryan is mentally tough to handle a few bad games. Remember, this kid threw 19 INTs his senior year of college and that didn't phase him one bit. Ryan can handle starting from day 1.

Here's the thing, if ryan earns the number 1 job then let him play. You play to win, you don't play to avoid injury. Sooner or later he is going to have to play against a good defense, might as well let him learn on the job.

you guys are really sleeping on this kid. Ryan is mentally tough to handle a few bad games. Remember, this kid threw 19 INTs his senior year of college and that didn't phase him one bit. Ryan can handle starting from day 1.

Here's the thing, if ryan earns the number 1 job then let him play. You play to win, you don't play to avoid injury. Sooner or later he is going to have to play against a good defense, might as well let him learn on the job.

well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

If you are right ,(and I believe you are) M.R. will take his lumps, and prevail. I see him as the best QB on the Falcons roster.

If you are right ,(and I believe you are) M.R. will take his lumps, and prevail. I see him as the best QB on the Falcons roster.

there will definitely be lumps, but i believe this kid is strong enough to work through it. We have a very young team but there is talent there. We have a star in roddy, we have turner, norwood, robinson, douglass, and our line has some good young talent that can be built around. Given the young but good talent around him I think when it's all said and done ryan will go down as our most successful qb yet.

The first game isn't the one he should worry about as the Lions' D-line is average at best at getting to the QB since they traded away their best pass rusher in Rogers. Games I would worry about early is Tampa in week 2, Green Bay week 5 and Chicago in Week 6 those will be some good tests on this young O-line.

Matt Ryan is going to start week 1, and I think our O-line will be a lot better than anticipated. Baker working against Abe at the beginning of camp has helped him a lot IMO. plus, matt ryan carried his BC team all season, he had no playmakers on his offense, but he managed to make them look good and win some tough games.

Matt Ryan is going to start week 1, and I think our O-line will be a lot better than anticipated. Baker working against Abe at the beginning of camp has helped him a lot IMO. plus, matt ryan carried his BC team all season, he had no playmakers on his offense, but he managed to make them look good and win some tough games.

Man... I watched Julius Peppers DESTROY the Colts in their first preseason game... Bake will have a tough time in Game Three if he doesn't get some TE help.

Hartsock or Keith will likely be lined up on the left side I think to help Baker if Peppers is playing lights out.

I agree. In week three, I'd double team Pep all game, just to ruin his attitude!! But I'd DEFINITELY give the Baker some TE help that early in the season against a prospective Pro Bowler like Julius.

I agree. In week three, I'd double team Pep all game, just to ruin his attitude!! But I'd DEFINITELY give the Baker some TE help that early in the season against a prospective Pro Bowler like Julius.

Isn't Peppers in a contract year? I'd definately do my best to get him stymied just to tick him off, lol.

The first game isn't the one he should worry about as the Lions' D-line is average at best at getting to the QB since they traded away their best pass rusher in Rogers. Games I would worry about early is Tampa in week 2, Green Bay week 5 and Chicago in Week 6 those will be some good tests on this young O-line.

ryan does not have to worry about chicago.....even i was surprised to find out that the Bears Defense was ranked 28 last season....according to fox

ryan does not have to worry about chicago.....even i was surprised to find out that the Bears Defense was ranked 28 last season....according to fox

When you are on the field for 3/4 of the game, the numbers tend to get inflated. And lets not forget the kind of field position that Rex would leave them with. They are solid and the rankings don't do them justice.

With Ryan that might work, but history has proven that theory very wrong. Especially with teams that are rebuilding, and or have young o-lineman. On top of all that we are implementing a new offense. This might just be as bad as it gets for an incoming qb. That said, Ryan might be able to handle it, but since there is no realistic shot at being a playoff team this year I say why force it.

With Ryan that might work, but history has proven that theory very wrong. Especially with teams that are rebuilding, and or have young o-lineman. On top of all that we are implementing a new offense. This might just be as bad as it gets for an incoming qb. That said, Ryan might be able to handle it, but since there is no realistic shot at being a playoff team this year I say why force it.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but why is it not realistic for us to be a playoff team? We don't play in the AFC, it's all up for grabs in the NFC every year. Didn't 2 wild card teams have 8-8 records a year or two ago? It can happen.

Like USC said they were on the field for far to long. The reason he does have to worry about them is that even though they were ranked 28th last year in overall defense they were ranked 6th in sacks.