This new era Atlanta Falcons team looks familiar

mashedpotato

You can't fix everything in one year especially considering the rebuild that is was going to take here with the Falcons.

I think we'll see some O line changes next year if we struggle. But Coach Bordeau says he likes his guys and he knows a heck of a lot more about NFL coaching than I do.

Have some faith, peeps. I want to have a consistent winner not a team that does a miracle turnaround and then struggles the year after (look at the Saints)

Why in the world do you think we have a good, much less a great offensive line?

We are old, injury prone, and only have 2 guys who might can stay healthy and be productive in Blalock and Baker.

How are we old ??

We have a rookie and 2nd year player on the left side, and Dahl & Clabo have taken the jobs on the right. The coaching staff likes their nastiness, and the way they work together. I think Forney & Weiner are both relegated to backup duty when the season begins. So the only "old" OL we have is McClure and he has 3 younger guys trying to take his job in Stepanovich, Wilkerson, & Datish.

Coach Smith is gonna bring some SmashMouth football back into Atlanta....seems like I remember a coach a few years ago doing that and he led us straight to the Super Bowl. I loved smash mouth football then and I love it now. It opens up every aspect of a football team. The sky is the limit if you have the right tools. SO the question is do we have the right tools...let's see....

1. A power running back- (like Jamal ANderson) we got it, Turner is gonna be a star in the league.

2. A receiver who can spread the field(like Tony Martin)- I think Roddy White is better than Tony Martin and will get better and better as his career goes on.

3. A great offensive line- (not sure we had that in 98) But I expect this group to be a lot better than people are giving them credit for. I expect good things.

4. A run stopping defense- (one of the best in 98) THis could definitely be a big question mark but if we can keep them off the field it would definitely help. I don't have a whole lot of confidence this year in our defense. In 98, I knew they could stop anybody. I dared them to run the ball.

I think we could definitely surprise some people this year....I'm not saying we're going to the Super Bowl this year.....but we're on the right track. Excitement is coming...just hard to be patient sometimes. GO Falcons!!!!

good post, obviously a Falcon Fan! dude, I share your optimism about the NEW Atlanta Falcons.

Coach Smith is gonna bring some SmashMouth football back into Atlanta....seems like I remember a coach a few years ago doing that and he led us straight to the Super Bowl. I loved smash mouth football then and I love it now. It opens up every aspect of a football team. The sky is the limit if you have the right tools. SO the question is do we have the right tools...let's see....

1. A power running back- (like Jamal ANderson) we got it, Turner is gonna be a star in the league.

2. A receiver who can spread the field(like Tony Martin)- I think Roddy White is better than Tony Martin and will get better and better as his career goes on.

3. A great offensive line- (not sure we had that in 98) But I expect this group to be a lot better than people are giving them credit for. I expect good things.

4. A run stopping defense- (one of the best in 98) THis could definitely be a big question mark but if we can keep them off the field it would definitely help. I don't have a whole lot of confidence this year in our defense. In 98, I knew they could stop anybody. I dared them to run the ball.

I think we could definitely surprise some people this year....I'm not saying we're going to the Super Bowl this year.....but we're on the right track. Excitement is coming...just hard to be patient sometimes. GO Falcons!!!!

I was actually thinking a little more like a young Colts team. Everyone may laugh at this but look at the setup. We have a mild mannered player coach in Mike Smith who is defensive minded (Tony Dungy). We both run a defense that is a cover 2. A studious quarterback Matt Ryan who is often criticized (Peyton Manning until winning the sb). Two fast and strong/complimenting wr White & Robinson (Harris and Wayne). Yes I know the first observation is the stats, but look at for many of these players earlier on in their career. Not so unbelievable that our players can't reach the same heights as these players.

Please let the hating begin!!!!!