The Falcons /Jags game and High Def...please help!

Ok I was wondering who watched the game on aplasma TV in High def from Dtirect Tv or Dishnetwork.

The Broadcast on the HD channel 36 was horrible IMO. I couldnt even read the names. I had to goto the non HD channel to watch the game. All games I watch on ESPN and NFL network LOOK gREAT but it seems the local channels SUCK in HD.

Was just wondering if anyone else is expierencing this?

I got a 50" lg 720 TV. Plasma. anyhow jsut looking for some insight if anyone knows anythign about the local channels and why they suck in HD?

if you watch it on a local channel it isnt going to be high def.

high def comes with channels like nbc, espn, nfl network. etc.

well according to DTV it is in HD. It has 2 and 2 hd 5 and 5 hd 11 and 11hd 36 and 36 hd

Every normal local channel has a sister HD channel according to DTV. Now it may just be listed as Hd and not broadcasting in HD if thats possible?

correct. just because you have an HD channel doesn't mean the current broadcast is in HD.

for example. Seinfeld comes on re runs on Peachtree TV channel 17. MY DirecTV channel indicates WPCHD, but Seinfeld is not shown in full screen HD.

HD channel doesn't always mean HD broadcast. MY ATL 36 shows some programs in HD but that preseason game was not one of them.

also, did you see the NFLN rerun of the jax ATL game? it wasn't with randy watters. it was the jax crew. it was not in HD but on NFLN HD. the game wasn't aired in HD

correct. just because you have an HD channel doesn't mean the current broadcast is in HD.

for example. Seinfeld comes on re runs on Peachtree TV channel 17. MY DirecTV channel indicates WPCHD, but Seinfeld is not shown in full screen HD.

HD channel doesn't always mean HD broadcast. MY ATL 36 shows some programs in HD but that preseason game was not one of them.

also, did you see the NFLN rerun of the jax ATL game? it wasn't with randy watters. it was the jax crew. it was not in HD but on NFLN HD. the game wasn't aired in HD

awsome. thanks so much. Im not good with this kinda stuff. I know know my ps3 football games are in HD and looks GREAT :)

And some of the NFL neatwork games look GREAT. too

Heres hoping the regular season games will be broadcast in HD.

Also are the sound on the HD channels suppose to be louder or quieter than the SD channels?

When I was switching back and forth from the 36 HD to the 36SD the SD sound was alot louder but the 36HD was crisper but I had to bump up the volumne about 15 points

ya there is a difference in volume between the two SD vs HD. not sure why about that.

the regular season games will almost always be in HD. but, what matters is where ATL falls on the pecking order of games each week. as i remember in 2006 the CLE ATL game in ATL was on CBS but not in HD. I believe it was because networks only have X amount of bandwidth on the signals they broadcast. So, they have to choose the top, i don't know, 5 or 6 games to show in HD and the rest won't be in HD.

ya there is a difference in volume between the two SD vs HD. not sure why about that.

the regular season games will almost always be in HD. but, what matters is where ATL falls on the pecking order of games each week. as i remember in 2006 the CLE ATL game in ATL was on CBS but not in HD. I believe it was because networks only have X amount of bandwidth on the signals they broadcast. So, they have to choose the top, i don't know, 5 or 6 games to show in HD and the rest won't be in HD.

The difference in volume is because HD channels also broadcast in Dolby Digital surround sound.

Ok I was wondering who watched the game on aplasma TV in High def from Dtirect Tv or Dishnetwork.

The Broadcast on the HD channel 36 was horrible IMO. I couldnt even read the names. I had to goto the non HD channel to watch the game. All games I watch on ESPN and NFL network LOOK gREAT but it seems the local channels SUCK in HD.

Was just wondering if anyone else is expierencing this?

I got a 50" lg 720 TV. Plasma. anyhow jsut looking for some insight if anyone knows anythign about the local channels and why they suck in HD?

It wasn't being broadcast in HD.

Just becuase you have a HD box and TV doesn't mean you are getting HD signals. HD has to come from the source - so the network has to be shooting the game with HD cameras..those signals then transfer and you having a HD Box and TV can interpret those signals and get them in HD.

I have directv and watched the replay on NFLN/HD and it was not in HD....... I think the feed was 480i. Every other Preseason game I have watched on NFLN HD has been in HD so the falcons got the shaft again. Hopefully that doesn't happen too much in the regular season. I have the Sunday Ticket with Superfan so most of the games are in HD but if i remember correctly the falcons got the shaft two games last year and the were only broadcast in SD.