milloy's words "I didn't come down here [to rebuild]," said Milloy, who joined the team in 2006 under then-coach Jim Mora. "Am I happy about it? No"

now why isnt anyone jumping on milloy for expressing this??this is another double standard thing that seems to go along with some of the people on this board pretty good. what d-hall said is just about similar to this, and everybody wanted him off the team after that. so why is it so different with milloy? hall said he didnt want to be apart of a loosing team, BUT it was meant the same way as milloy saying he didnt come down here to be apart of a rebuilding team. it wasnt really being said in the sense of them not wanting to be a falcon, it saying they want to make the team better and will do whatever it takes, but it seems like people took dhalls words and twisted him making him look like he didnt want to be here. yes he did say those actuallys words, BUT that was after the fact that he he heard he was being shopped around the league. so i ask, why does milloy get a free pass here when what he said and what dhall said are very much similar? they both want new deals. milloy's deal isnt gonna be worth it because of his age, dhalls deal would have been worth it because hes still very young, and talented.and just for the record, i have moved on from dhall being on the team, i just want to clear up the double standard thing again because i cant stand it when one player gets treated differently then another.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

now why isnt anyone jumping on milloy for expressing this??this is another double standard thing that seems to go along with some of the people on this board pretty good. what d-hall said is just about similar to this, and everybody wanted him off the team after that. so why is it so different with milloy? hall said he didnt want to be apart of a loosing team, BUT it was meant the same way as milloy saying he didnt come down here to be apart of a rebuilding team. it wasnt really being said in the sense of them not wanting to be a falcon, it saying they want to make the team better and will do whatever it takes, but it seems like people took dhalls words and twisted him making him look like he didnt want to be here. yes he did say those actuallys words, BUT that was after the fact that he he heard he was being shopped around the league. so i ask, why does milloy get a free pass here when what he said and what dhall said are very much similar? they both want new deals. milloy's deal isnt gonna be worth it because of his age, dhalls deal would have been worth it because hes still very young, and talented.and just for the record, i have moved on from dhall being on the team, i just want to clear up the double standard thing again because i cant stand it when one player gets treated differently then another.

Don't ever equate Deangelo's pouting with Milloy. A ttitude wise, they aren't even remotely in the same galaxy. Milloy was willing to swallow his 'disappointment' and keep working for the betterment of the team. Hall? He threw a temper tantrum.

Don't ever equate Deangelo's pouting with Milloy. A ttitude wise, they aren't even remotely in the same galaxy. Milloy was willing to swallow his 'disappointment' and keep working for the betterment of the team. Hall? He threw a temper tantrum.

yea i agree with you. different attitudes, why..milloy is older. as men get older, then get more mature and wiser and eventually hall was gonna get there sooner or later. lets not forget he is still young.

There is NO DOUBLE STANDARD...well at least for those of us who read more then just the headline or one quote... :lol:

Milloy sees potential in young Falcons defense

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/12/08

Flowery Branch — Falcons safety Lawyer Milloy isn't into rebuilding. Yet, when he looks to around that's all he can see — new guy here, young guys there, another coaching staff.

Hope may spring eternal. Milloy's career won't.

"I'll be 35 in November and what I mean to this team — they kept me for a reason," Milloy said Monday. "I'm still playing well. I just want a chance to win. If I can't win this year at least keep me around so I can see it unfold.

"That was my big thing in the offseason. It wasn't about money and all that. If you're going to use not only my on-the-field talents, but leadership in the locker room, show a little loyalty to me also."

Milloy, set to earn $1.7 million, would like at least another year added to his contract, which expires after this season. It's not the money, Milloy said. It's the possibility to win again before his career ends. He sees a foundation for success. The reward might not come this season but it's coming, he said.

He just doesn't want to be discarded when the time arrives.

"I do like the direction of the new coaching staff," Milloy said. "I like coach [Mike Smith]. It's just a better atmosphere. It's set up to win a championship here. I'm just not afforded some of the time these young guys are being afforded."

The team's stance with all pending undrafted free agents — Michael Boley, Kynan Forney, among others — is to wait and see if the player and team are ideal fits. If an extension is warranted, talks could begin at some point during the season.

Milloy missed the latter part of voluntary offseason workouts and he declined media requests the first week of training camp because he was hoping to enhance his contract situation, to no avail.

"I'm not one of the guys that don't want to be here," Milloy said. "Obviously I'm loyal to what I signed up for, but again I didn't come down here [to rebuild]," said Milloy, who joined the team in 2006 under then-coach Jim Mora. "Am I happy about it? No. But I am a part of this team. My attitude is great. I'm the one who signed the deal and that's it."

Milloy hasn't let personal feelings about his contract or the rebuilding situation carry onto the field. The three-time Pro Bowler, who is coming off a 119-tackle, two-interception season, has practiced and played at a high level.

Milloy, who said he is not disgruntled, is making the best out of his situation and is helping teach and encourage players like rookie cornerback Chevis Jackson, first-year starting cornerback Brent Grimes and first-year safety Thomas DeCoud.

The initial returns, from his perspective, have been good.

"When I go out there, I'm trying to win ball games," Milloy said. "If the expectations are low for some of these guys out here, I'm trying to make them believe that they're better than what they are. I was very pleased with the effort that they gave against the Jaguars.

"I think we can deal with some of these young guys that we're forcing to play at an early stage in their careers."

Milloy and linebacker Keith Brooking are the grey beards of the defense but in the preseason opener at Jacksonville, they played like upstarts against — especially Milloy, coach Mike Smith said.

"We need for those guys to step up and they've really accepted those roles and they have started to mentor those young players," Smith said. "It's very important for us to get those guys in line and on board as quick as we can. Lawyer and Brook only played two series but when they were out there they were very productive. Lawyer had three unassisted tackles [four total] in 16 plays. That's nice to see."

You should post the whole article. Milloy was shown in a positive light. At 35, what football player wants to be part of a rebuilding team? He actually wants to stick around and see if "unfold". He actually wants an extension because he likes what he sees in this team.

i posted that part of the article for a reason. to show only that part. same was done with hall when he said what he said. people scrutinize certain words of articles these days and go from there.

i posted that part of the article for a reason. to show only that part. same was done with hall when he said what he said. people scrutinize certain words of articles these days and go from there.

ONly part? Tell me, where is a single thing that makes what Hall said better?

Hall threw a temper tantrum because A: He didn't want to be on a team that wasn't winning immediately and B: They wouldn't vastly overpay him.

What mitigatign circumstancesa re you referring to. Please show me the raft of comments about wanting to help the new players adjust, et al?

ONly part? Tell me, where is a single thing that makes what Hall said better?

Hall threw a temper tantrum because A: He didn't want to be on a team that wasn't winning immediately and B: They wouldn't vastly overpay him.

What mitigatign circumstancesa re you referring to. Please show me the raft of comments about wanting to help the new players adjust, et al?

where are yall getting this hall threw a temper tantrum from???and once again, you people add yall 2 cents in, and make hall look like a bad person. ive never read where hall said he didnt want to be apart of this team because we werent winning. stop adding your own comments. he said i refuse to be apart of a loosing team anymore..what that meant was he was going to play hard to make this team better, not trade me...him wanting to be traded came AFTER the fact that he heard he was being shopped around. get it right.

where are yall getting this hall threw a temper tantrum from???and once again, you people add yall 2 cents in, and make hall look like a bad person. ive never read where hall said he didnt want to be apart of this team because we werent winning. stop adding your own comments. he said i refuse to be apart of a loosing team anymore..what that meant was he was going to play hard to make this team better, not trade me...him wanting to be traded came AFTER the fact that he heard he was being shopped around. get it right.

Now THAT is some interesting spin. . .

Hall's agent?

okay, yall tell me the difference between the 2 following statements by both players:

hall-i want to be a falcon for life, i dont want to be apart of a loosing team

milloy-i want to be apart of this team, i didnt come down here to be apart of a rebuilding team

whats the difference???

ALl of the context that you strip out to try to make the equivalence.

Hall acted very unprofessional. He told Deion Sanders on NFLN " I will not be in ATL.next year." Milloy on the other hand,is a true professional.

im sure if milloy or any player heard that they was being shopped around the league, they would act the same way..and this was after the fact that smith and dimitroff said they wanted to keep hall around...why would u act professional after being backstabbed???

The team's stance with all pending undrafted free agents — Michael Boley, Kynan Forney, among others — is to wait and see if the player and team are ideal fits. If an extension is warranted, talks could begin at some point during the season.

Interesting... so re-signing Boley to a long term extension isn't going to happen soon. If at all.

I hope he's cleared of his legal issues before free agency starts or another team will come in and sign him. I don't know know if we'll even have the cap space to tag him.

There is NO DOUBLE STANDARD...well at least for those of us who read more then just the headline or one quote... :lol:

Milloy sees potential in young Falcons defense

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/12/08

Flowery Branch — Falcons safety Lawyer Milloy isn't into rebuilding. Yet, when he looks to around that's all he can see — new guy here, young guys there, another coaching staff.

Hope may spring eternal. Milloy's career won't.

"I'll be 35 in November and what I mean to this team — they kept me for a reason," Milloy said Monday. "I'm still playing well. I just want a chance to win. If I can't win this year at least keep me around so I can see it unfold.

"That was my big thing in the offseason. It wasn't about money and all that. If you're going to use not only my on-the-field talents, but leadership in the locker room, show a little loyalty to me also."

Milloy, set to earn $1.7 million, would like at least another year added to his contract, which expires after this season. It's not the money, Milloy said. It's the possibility to win again before his career ends. He sees a foundation for success. The reward might not come this season but it's coming, he said.

He just doesn't want to be discarded when the time arrives.

"I do like the direction of the new coaching staff," Milloy said. "I like coach [Mike Smith]. It's just a better atmosphere. It's set up to win a championship here. I'm just not afforded some of the time these young guys are being afforded."

Milloy missed the latter part of voluntary offseason workouts and he declined media requests the first week of training camp because he was hoping to enhance his contract situation, to no avail.

"I'm not one of the guys that don't want to be here," Milloy said. "Obviously I'm loyal to what I signed up for, but again I didn't come down here [to rebuild]," said Milloy, who joined the team in 2006 under then-coach Jim Mora. "Am I happy about it? No. But I am a part of this team. My attitude is great. I'm the one who signed the deal and that's it."

Milloy hasn't let personal feelings about his contract or the rebuilding situation carry onto the field. The three-time Pro Bowler, who is coming off a 119-tackle, two-interception season, has practiced and played at a high level.

Milloy, who said he is not disgruntled, is making the best out of his situation and is helping teach and encourage players like rookie cornerback Chevis Jackson, first-year starting cornerback Brent Grimes and first-year safety Thomas DeCoud.

The initial returns, from his perspective, have been good.

"When I go out there, I'm trying to win ball games," Milloy said. "If the expectations are low for some of these guys out here, I'm trying to make them believe that they're better than what they are. I was very pleased with the effort that they gave against the Jaguars.

"I think we can deal with some of these young guys that we're forcing to play at an early stage in their careers."

Milloy and linebacker Keith Brooking are the grey beards of the defense but in the preseason opener at Jacksonville, they played like upstarts against — especially Milloy, coach Mike Smith said.

"We need for those guys to step up and they've really accepted those roles and they have started to mentor those young players," Smith said. "It's very important for us to get those guys in line and on board as quick as we can. Lawyer and Brook only played two series but when they were out there they were very productive. Lawyer had three unassisted tackles [four total] in 16 plays. That's nice to see."

Wow Batman, You have lost some seirous credibility. Not only did you not post the whole story, You didnt even post the whole sentence! "Am I happy about it? No. But I am a part of this team. My attitude is great. I'm the one who signed the deal and that's it." You see the word but usually is a conjunction word so you should include that part. You truly are a piece of crap man.

the difference is....imo...milloy is & always has been a team guy & hall is a me guy....maybe one day hall will think about the team before himself, but hasnt shown that in the least to this point.....he thinks he is beter than he really is & wouldnt fit on this team anyway....oakland is the perfect place for a guy like him...me,me,me, me

You are taking one part out of context. He embraces his new role and what it will mean to his legacy. He is a class act, take lessons.

if he was a real, true class act, he wouldnt even mention anything like that. you dont see brooking goin around sayin he doesnt want to be apart of this rebuilding team, and he has it bad because he has a great group of young linebackers behind him waiting. brooking is the true class act, hes never complained or opened his mouth to say anything that fans can take and twist the wrong way.

the difference is....imo...milloy is & always has been a team guy & hall is a me guy....maybe one day hall will think about the team before himself, but hasnt shown that in the least to this point.....he thinks he is beter than he really is & wouldnt fit on this team anyway....oakland is the perfect place for a guy like him...me,me,me, me

Hall is more worried about pro bowls than super bowls. Good riddance.

if he was a real, true class act, he wouldnt even mention anything like that. you dont see brooking goin around sayin he doesnt want to be apart of this rebuilding team, and he has it bad because he has a great group of young linebackers behind him waiting. brooking is the true class act, hes never complained or opened his mouth to say anything that fans can take and twist the wrong way.

they asked hima question, he answered it. he didnt demand to be traded and say he didnt want to be apart of this team like someone did.

milloy accepted his role and like he said he was going to HONOR his contract and he had no problem doing so.

Milloy should know he is looking at the end of the line and sign as

many one year contracts as he can get. Then put a period behind it.

We just don't need any distractions or grumbling from our leaders or

anybody else. That was the way we did it in the past. Nobody tried

to bring him in to a rebuilding situation, we hadn't thought of it at the

time. We were thinking championships back then. It changed.