Resigning Chris Redman was a really great move....Even if Matt Ryan starts , we have a very good Backup

Check this out

Billy Volek-3 year, $9 million contract

2007 Stats:Did not really start

Cleo Lemon-3 year, $8.1 million contract

2007 Stats:9 games 56%...1773 P.Yards..6 TDs... 6 ints

Brian Griese-5 year, $14.5 million contract

2007 Stats:7 games..61.5%..1803 P.Yards..10 TDs.12 ints

Trent Green-3 year, $8.9 million contract

2007 Stats:5 games..60.3%..987 P.Yards... 5 TDs ...7 ints

A.J. Feeley-3 year, $7.2 million contract

2007 Stats:3 games..57.3%..681 P.Yards... 5 TDs ...8 ints

Chris Redman-2 year, $5 million contract

2007 Stats:5 games..59.7%..1079 P.Yards... 10 TDs ...5 ints

I really feel like we are getting the bang for our buck...If the O-Line hold up i think Matt Ryan will start Day 1...But as a Backup or Starter..... We are in a good position with Chris Redman

Resigning Chris Redman was a really great move....Even if Matt Ryan starts , we have a very good Backup

Check this out

Billy Volek-3 year, $9 million contract

2007 Stats:Did not really start

Cleo Lemon-3 year, $8.1 million contract

2007 Stats:9 games 56%...1773 P.Yards..6 TDs... 6 ints

Brian Griese-5 year, $14.5 million contract

2007 Stats:7 games..61.5%..1803 P.Yards..10 TDs.12 ints

Trent Green-3 year, $8.9 million contract

2007 Stats:5 games..60.3%..987 P.Yards... 5 TDs ...7 ints

A.J. Feeley-3 year, $7.2 million contract

2007 Stats:3 games..57.3%..681 P.Yards... 5 TDs ...8 ints

Chris Redman-2 year, $5 million contract

2007 Stats:5 games..59.7%..1079 P.Yards... 10 TDs ...5 ints

I really feel like we are getting the bang for our buck...If the O-Line hold up i think Matt Ryan will start Day 1...But as a Backup or Starter..... We are in a good position with Chris Redman

Are you insane.... Chris only won 1 game.... the last game were we played Seattles 2nd string defense in the second quarter... take that game away and the 4 TD he throws (which inflat his stats)

hHs stats are 4 TD 5 INTS going into that game.... We have Joey Harrington for 1 yr 900.000 and DJ..... Redman should be sent packing with that 5 million contract... Joey should be Matts Back-up and DJ the 3rd QB...we would save 5 million over the next 2 years and alot of heart ache.

Joey has not demonstrated that he will throw the ball and Redman has

not shown that he can throw the ball. We need to see more from both.

Shockley has got to be opening some eyes with his arm and ability to

elude the rush." It is going to be an open competition at qb"--Mike Smith

I say so be it, Let the best man win. Advantage Ryan at this point.

Are you insane.... Chris only won 1 game.... the last game were we played Seattles 2nd string defense in the second quarter... take that game away and the 4 TD he throws (which inflat his stats)

hHs stats are 4 TD 5 INTS going into that game.... We have Joey Harrington for 1 yr 900.000 and DJ..... Redman should be sent packing with that 5 million contract... Joey should be Matts Back-up and DJ the 3rd QB...we would save 5 million over the next 2 years and alot of heart ache.

So going 1-3 in those 4 games had nothing to do with our defense giving up ON AVERAGE 35.5 points per game over that 4 game stretch? Some of you guys absolutely kill me. QB's do not win games on their own, PERIOD. Our defense gave up 34, 37, 30, and 41 points over that 4 game stretch. Redman had 8 TD's to 4 INT's over that stretch. Redman did not go 1-3. The Falcons went 1-3. And our defense was a BIG part of those 3 losses.

Nice spin job, way to cherry pick those stats. Chris lead our offense to average 14 points between the Tampa Bay, New Orleans, and Arizona games. Those are 3 out of the 4 games he started, in those games he threw 4 TDs and 4 INTs. His stats if you take away the Seahawks game is actually 6 TDs and 5 INTs, and 4 and 4 in the games he started besides the Seahawks. You conviently took away the 2 TDs he threw in the Arizona game and left in the INTs. You are also so quickly to throw away the Seahawks game and keep the Tampa Bay game, when it was clearly a game that wasn't going to work out for any QB because of the circumstances. HC just left, 2 days to prepare for the top pass D in the NFL with new HC, 4 days removed from Monday night game, etc. If you can throw away the Seahawks game, a game where they had multiple starting and Probowl players playing well into the 3rd quarter, how can you keep the Tampa Bay game? You also mention he only won a single game. Yet you forget to throw in the fact our defense gave up just about the same amount of points the Patriots scored on offense last year, and the Pats offense was the only offense in the NFL who could have actually overcome having such a poor defensive showing last season.

So going 1-3 in those 4 games had nothing to do with our defense giving up ON AVERAGE 35.5 points per game over that 4 game stretch? Some of you guys absolutely kill me. QB's do not win games on their own, PERIOD. Our defense gave up 34, 37, 30, and 41 points over that 4 game stretch. Redman had 8 TD's to 4 INT's over that stretch. Redman did not go 1-3. The Falcons went 1-3. And our defense was a BIG part of those 3 losses.

Well considering his best performance was essentially a pre-season game let's see how he does THIS pre-season.

You guys also need to remember something. We changed offenses AFTER Petirno left. So when Redman was playing we were running a different offense so there wasn't much film on Redman.

The one team we played with a good defense that had something to play for made Redman look HORRIBLE... but then again it was Tampa and they've done that to us before.

But let's see what he can do THIS preseason.

Personally, I don't feel great about either him or Harrington and I won't lose any sleep if we cut BOTH of them.

Well considering his best performance was essentially a pre-season game let's see how he does THIS pre-season.

You guys also need to remember something. We changed offenses AFTER Petirno left. So when Redman was playing we were running a different offense so there wasn't much film on Redman.

The one team we played with a good defense that had something to play for made Redman look HORRIBLE... but then again it was Tampa and they've done that to us before.

But let's see what he can do THIS preseason.

Personally, I don't feel great about either him or Harrington and I won't lose any sleep if we cut BOTH of them.

You act like he had only one decent game. The other 2 games he started he averaged over 300 yards with twice as many TD's than INT's. Another game he saw significant action in but didn't start, had 2 TD's to 1 INT. He had only 1 bad game against Tampa. His game against Seattle was stellar, but he was good in other games to. Take away his best and his worst game, these are his other 3.

16/24, 172 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 97.9 QB Rating

23/40, 298 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 87.3 QB Rating

28/42, 315 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 94.8 QB Rating

67/106, 63.2% completion, 785 yards (261.7 yards per game), 6 TD's, 3 INT's

lol.

probably because he isnt a proven nfl player yet so they assume he is a work in progress at qb.

wouldnt that assumption be correct? & isnt ryan a work in progress at qb also being that neither has played a significant amout of time in any type of nfl game....it seems to me they are both works in progress
Nice spin job, way to cherry pick those stats. Chris lead our offense to average 14 points between the Tampa Bay, New Orleans, and Arizona games. Those are 3 out of the 4 games he started, in those games he threw 4 TDs and 4 INTs. His stats if you take away the Seahawks game is actually 6 TDs and 5 INTs, and 4 and 4 in the games he started besides the Seahawks. You conviently took away the 2 TDs he threw in the Arizona game and left in the INTs. You are also so quickly to throw away the Seahawks game and keep the Tampa Bay game, when it was clearly a game that wasn't going to work out for any QB because of the circumstances. HC just left, 2 days to prepare for the top pass D in the NFL with new HC, 4 days removed from Monday night game, etc. If you can throw away the Seahawks game, a game where they had multiple starting and Probowl players playing well into the 3rd quarter, how can you keep the Tampa Bay game? You also mention he only won a single game. Yet you forget to throw in the fact our defense gave up just about the same amount of points the Patriots scored on offense last year, and the Pats offense was the only offense in the NFL who could have actually overcome having such a poor defensive showing last season.

Well done. I was mentally preparing a similar response, but you've already done a great job of addressing the selective spin job.

Selective statistics lie more than politicians and can be used to support almost any position.

Chris Redman has great leadership skills and is a solid QB who can lead the team until such time that the coaches deem Matt ready to start.

It's only been ONE preseason game: let's see how the remaining games look before we pass final judgment on our QB's.

I really believe that Shockley will get the nod over Harrington for the #3 spot because it would be more popular with the local fans. The truth is that the #3 QB rarely plays, and if we got to the point where we did need our #3 QB to play much at all(ie, injury to Redman and Ryan), we would be shopping HARD for another QB with experience to come in immediately. I don't think eirther Harrington or Shockley offer us much, but at least having Shockley on the sidelines would make locals happy.

Redman is a Bobby Petrino Guy, who I think had 1 win... I do apoligize if my stats are wrong I thought he threw 4 TDs against the seahawks.. Bottom line he did nothing in Baltimore, and he did nothing last year, I do agree however that he did get a late chance especially when the signed Leftwich.

I think Joey is the better fit to be a back-up and leds the offense better, but the bottom line is that we need to keep chris or Joey... My vote id Joey...

This really doesn't matter since the futue is Matt Ryan..

Shockley showed nothing, why are you even writing about the short, can't see the whole filed and wide open receivers, throws 100 miles an hour on every throw (NO Touch) Camp arm QB? Now to the post. I think we did get a steal in Redman. I am hoping that Harrington Sitting a little and being done like he should have been done with the Lions is sit and learn. With his ability's I hope he will eventually move up to the two spot. Redman can be effective but his arm is not as strong as Harrington's. Some QB's can be thrown in the fire like Aikman and Manning some can't like Carr and Harrington. Sit him let him come along as we now know he should have done. I hope Ryan will handle the fire. Aikman lost all but one of his games his first year and Manning was not much better. I like Billy Volick as a back up. Lemon have people in Jacksonville wishing they kept Gray. All the others I think I would rather have Redman. I like Harrington's touch when he has time to pass better than Redman's He gives the receiver a more catchable ball and puts it so they can get yards after the catch. Watch him last year when he was not pressured. Tampa is doing Carr the same way letting him get the time on the bench he should have had. Like I said some can handle the fire and get fueled by the flames others let it burn them up. A great Steelers QB looked like crap his first three years because he was thrown strait to the wolves and they benched him a year and he won them a bunch of Super Bowls after he came back. Some people learn by doing, some have to be shown.