Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ibis1

AFMB Madden 09 360 franchise league

132 posts in this topic

You couldn't run like that on my D, son! :) Our game was all defense.

True dat we had an ALL field goal game. Can't wait to do it again/

Heres some info I got from VG sports

1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with

two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning

or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. "ActionCam"

forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late

kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing

the "disconnect". This has been fixed...all cameras can still be used

as well.

Workaround until the patch: If possible, ensure that you and your

opponent have the same camera type chosen before starting an online

game.

4. "WR direct snap" exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to

direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we

fixing this play (i.e. we aren't removing it), we are also going to

be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has

been found to be using this play.

I have been a victim of both these things ...glad they are fixing them

as well.

game.

I was a victim of the first glitch. As GM, I am making a league mandate that everyone in league play use the Action Cam.

I was a victim of the first glitch. As GM, I am making a league mandate that everyone in league play use the Action Cam.

Ive been a victim of the direct snap by 2 different guys on line. I filed a complaint on both as I dont deal well with cheaters when all I want to do is play straight up football.

I've never changed my cam, so is the action cam the default cam?

as well.

game.

I've been a victim of the first one a couple of times. I was down by two touchdowns with 2 min left in the 4 quarter. I scored 1 TD on a deep play action pass. I failed on a onside kick, but got the ball back on a big hit on a HB toss. With 50 sec lift in the game I marched from the my 41 to the opposing 33 to kick the game tying FG and got the disconnect. I was the Falcons and he was some AFC team, I think it was the Colts or another great AFC team.

I have 6 games in. Are these other guys (that havent even played a game) gonna start? Is there a deadline for the season to end? And who loves ya baby B)

I have 6 games in. Are these other guys (that havent even played a game) gonna start? Is there a deadline for the season to end? And who loves ya baby B)

League members need to be playing at least 1 game a week. I am going to PM warnings to members who have joined the league and not played games. I do not have a date for the season end but I would like it to be sometime in Oct.

League members need to be playing at least 1 game a week. I am going to PM warnings to members who have joined the league and not played games. I do not have a date for the season end but I would like it to be sometime in Oct.

I've got one game in, really 2 but it disconnected on the game tying field goal. I'm only onlike late cause I work in the evenings and the only person that's on when I am so far has been Crumpin.

I live in England so a bit of a time difference problem. When we played last night it was 3 in the morning for me! Was completely spaced out.

That probably means that a fair few of my games are going to have to be played at the weekends, but I've managed to get 3 in so far - not a bad show.

I live in England so a bit of a time difference problem. When we played last night it was 3 in the morning for me! Was completely spaced out.

That probably means that a fair few of my games are going to have to be played at the weekends, but I've managed to get 3 in so far - not a bad show.

Dude, i wanted to reach through the screen and kill you last night. I hate playing clock whores.

Dude, i wanted to reach through the screen and kill you last night. I hate playing clock whores.

Yeh, I reckon I probably owe you an apology for such sh*tty tactics but the passing game is just so ridiculously easy and the New Orleans D is so bad that I just have to keep them off the field for as long as possible.

I had a similar instance where Jgator may have thought i was running the score up on him or trying to. Because with just a little time left I went for it on fourth down under two minutes left......But All i could think about was I aint kicking a field goal and having the game be booted.

SO j gator if you thought I was being a jerk forgive me...but I didnt wanna chance wasting that game with a field goal disconnect. And I couldnt remember what cam i was using and didnt wanna chance it,

As GM my biggest concern with this league is that everyone is having fun and everyone is playing fair. I would like to think that everyone is playing sim ball. With that being said, I am going to institute a rule around the play clock. Running the play clock down to 5 seconds every play is not fun for anyone. it creates a boring, stagnant, and frustrating game and that is not what this league is about. Thereore the following rules apply to all of us.

Play Clock Rule:

- In the first half players can only milk the play clock in the last two minutes of the 2nd qtr.

- In the second half players can only milk the play clock with 3 minutes left in the 4th qtr. I

If you find anyone violating these rules, please PM. The violater will receive a warning. If the rule violater does not change thier game behavior they will be removed from the league.

As GM my biggest concern with this league is that everyone is having fun and everyone is playing fair. I would like to think that everyone is playing sim ball. With that being said, I am going to institute a rule around the play clock. Running the play clock down to 5 seconds every play is not fun for anyone. it creates a boring, stagnant, and frustrating game and that is not what this league is about. Thereore the following rules apply to all of us.

Play Clock Rule:

- In the first half players can only milk the play clock in the last two minutes of the 2nd qtr.

- In the second half players can only milk the play clock with 3 minutes left in the 4th qtr. I

If you find anyone violating these rules, please PM. The violater will receive a warning. If the rule violater does not change thier game behavior they will be removed from the league.

But you have no way to tell if these accusations are true, correct? Someone could lie and get someone booted lol.

The most time I take to choose a play is about 20 seconds. I always know if I want to run or pass by the end of the previous play.

I can obviously understand why you would want that rule in place, but it does give an advantage to teams with a potent offence facing a lacklustre defence. In the actual NFL teams like the Giants run the playclock down on every play and keep posession of the ball, controlling how the game is played out. Giving Brady 8 chances to get a TD is a lot better than giving him 15 chances and mandating as GM how a team should play (outside of game glitches) is a little unfair. It is a legitimate way to play the game and even has an easy solution - stop the offence from getting a 1st.

Having said that however, I can appreciate why the rule is being instituted and I don't want to be an arse about this so I will comply. Good luck to all.

The most time I take to choose a play is about 20 seconds. I always know if I want to run or pass by the end of the previous play.

I think that is about the average of everyone. That is a lot different then using up 40 seconds of the play clock every down.

I can obviously understand why you would want that rule in place, but it does give an advantage to teams with a potent offence facing a lacklustre defence. In the actual NFL teams like the Giants run the playclock down on every play and keep posession of the ball, controlling how the game is played out. Giving Brady 8 chances to get a TD is a lot better than giving him 15 chances and mandating as GM how a team should play (outside of game glitches) is a little unfair. It is a legitimate way to play the game and even has an easy solution - stop the offence from getting a 1st.

Having said that however, I can appreciate why the rule is being instituted and I don't want to be an arse about this so I will comply. Good luck to all.

I understand your concern but with only having 6 minute quarters and a 45 second play clock, it is nothing like the NFL.

I had a similar instance where Jgator may have thought i was running the score up on him or trying to. Because with just a little time left I went for it on fourth down under two minutes left......But All i could think about was I aint kicking a field goal and having the game be booted.

SO j gator if you thought I was being a jerk forgive me...but I didnt wanna chance wasting that game with a field goal disconnect. And I couldnt remember what cam i was using and didnt wanna chance it,

Man dont sweat it one bit. As bad as I played that night you should have scored 100 on me!