Thoughts on the Game

Now, just to be sure, I am NOT comparing Ryan to Manning in any other way, but merely saying that Ryan seems to go through his progression fairly rapidly for a rookie.

Direwolf

ryan definitely made quick decisions. i was most impressed with his pocket presence and quick decision making. in any sport u need to trust your instinct. even if you make the wrong decision you can't second guess yourself because that's when an incompletion turns into an int or a sack.

I didn't see any balls that looked like they were in danger of being picked off.

That was big. Even on his first couple jittery throws, it was clear that at least he was going to the right place with the ball. And he seemed to have enough zip to get it where he needed.

Best throw was to White across the middle. He led Roddy enough to get some YAC.

Blalock needs work. The line overall wasn't awful, but still needs work. WAY too many penalties.

Curtis Lofton has a gigantic butt. Good lord!

2 things why u point out blalock i thought it was the overall line that needs work including baker

and why would u look at c-lo's Butt

2 things why u point out blalock i thought it was the overall line that needs work including baker

and why would u look at c-lo's Butt

I pointed out Blalock because it seemed to me that he made some mistakes. I've been wrong before and may be this time, but that's how it looked. And I did say that the line as a whole needs work, but they weren't too bad.

I assure you, I wasn't checking Lofton out. I just couldn't help noticing that he has a very large "bubble" (which is the term scouts use for that attribute). Usually linemen are known for that, but it's clear where a good bit of Lofton's 250 pounds rests. That should give him a low center of gravity and help him lay down good tackles. Besides, how could you miss it?!?

Direwolf

yeah i was gonna say that but i forgot

the jags CB talk to much

roddy was just defending him self

If he'd gotten a penalty, or gets a penalty in the regular season doing that, it won't be such a "positive" thing. Bear in mind, the cornerbacks talk so much because they WANT the receivers to react and lose focus (and just maybe draw a penalty).

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the best way to get back at a corner who's jawing at you is to BEAT HIM. Roddy's good enough that he shouldn't have to mouth off to "defend himself". Really, the fact that the cornerbacks are jawing is a good sign for him; it means that they're really trying to get to him.

Direwolf