Those That are Last Become First...

I wanted to pose the question to the board and ask, what are the chances that the falcons win the division. As we all know our division is quite weird and it seems that if a team comes in last 1 season, the next season they usually win the division. Do you think that will happen to the falcons this year? Why? and what are the chances..

Has been so far, the last 4 years I think anyway. The way I see it is yes, we are rebuilding, but what team isn't. Teams in the NFL are all full of talent and there isn't a lot that seperates them. Any given Sunday is a good outlook. Not only does it mean you can win on any given Sunday, but you can also be beaten on any given Sunday.

I don't think we're as bad as a lot of people think we are. The only weakness on our defense is at CB but we have a lot of young talent there. On offense our O-line will be better. We upgraded our RB position, the recievers are getting better. If Redman or Ryan does alright which is a big IF, we could very well win the division.

Im going to step out on the limb and be Ms. Optimistic lol..and say its possible. I think we will be underestimated several times this season. With that, we can take advantage of it and actually win some football games. The saints will be tough. The bucs may be tough too but Garcia isn't happy and a unhappy QB is never good no matter how much potential a team may have. The Panthers don't frighten me at all.

YOU WANT THE TRUTH DON'T YOU? FOR US TO WIN OUR DIVISION, TAMPA AND NEW ORLEANS MUST GO INTO TOTAL COLLAPSE. THE FALCONS WON'T BE BAD THIS YEAR, BUT WE WON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO OVER-TAKE THESE TWO TEAMS. NEW ORLEANS WILL CHALLENGE TAMPA FOR THE CROWN. AS OF NOW I THINK THE SAINTS HAVE THE EDGE, BUT THEIR "D" IS SUSPECT. TAMPA HAS A GREAT "D", BUT THEIR OFFENSE IS SUSPECT. NEVER THE LESS, WE ARE NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE THE CROWN FROM THESE GUYS YET. BUT LOOK FOR THE FALCONS TO DOMINATE THIS DIVISION VERY SOON.

I wanted to pose the question to the board and ask, what are the chances that the falcons win the division. As we all know our division is quite weird and it seems that if a team comes in last 1 season, the next season they usually win the division. Do you think that will happen to the falcons this year? Why? and what are the chances..

im believe its been true since the teams have been realigned and the nfc created. imo the foulcons will be the 1st team to break that trend and be the 1st team since divisions realigned to go from worse to worser. 4-12 last year to 3-13 this year

YOU WANT THE TRUTH DON'T YOU? FOR US TO WIN OUR DIVISION, TAMPA AND NEW ORLEANS MUST GO INTO TOTAL COLLAPSE. THE FALCONS WON'T BE BAD THIS YEAR, BUT WE WON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO OVER-TAKE THESE TWO TEAMS. NEW ORLEANS WILL CHALLENGE TAMPA FOR THE CROWN. AS OF NOW I THINK THE SAINTS HAVE THE EDGE, BUT THEIR "D" IS SUSPECT. TAMPA HAS A GREAT "D", BUT THEIR OFFENSE IS SUSPECT. NEVER THE LESS, WE ARE NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE THE CROWN FROM THESE GUYS YET. BUT LOOK FOR THE FALCONS TO DOMINATE THIS DIVISION VERY SOON.

they will dominate 4th place for a few years to come

[bAT SOME POINT BLOOD, WE HAVE TO FACE REALITY!]

Yup Rev, see this season is different from those other seasons. None of those team had to rebuild as much as we did. I don't expect us to keep the trend going but maybe in 2 or 3 years we should be contending in this division since right now there aren't any dominate teams that stick out in the division. I do expect the Saints to win it this year we will see if they have what it takes to be that great team of the NFC South.

Its possible if.....the other teams suffer catastrophic injuries, the Falcons suffer no injuries at all (of note anyway) AND the vast majority of the young guys the Falcons have drafted and signed the last couple years, become strong productive players, starters even.

I think you have better odds playing the lottery ....

That's the way it's been for the entire history of the NFC South, so it looks like we'll be the next division champ. However, the NFC South also had a streak where at least one of its teams went to the NFC Championship and that streak was dashed. What will happen this year?

I don't want to be pessimistic, but there are a lot of holes to fill on this team. Then again, our division mates aren't exactly all there either. We've got a decent chance, but I think the division title eludes us.

1in 1,000

1in 1,000

Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Mary: Not good.

Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.

[long pause]

Lloyd: So . . . you're telling me there's a chance.

Don't expect miracles this year. Hope for a good showing from a new team, coach, basically everything from the ground up.